Golf Club Membership Chiang Mai

MartinBKK

I am currently a member at Maejo but wouldn't mind having a change of course when my membership finishes in a few months. I was wondering if anyone had upto date information of memberships at courses not too far from Sansai. I guess the courses that I am aware of that aren't too far are Royal CM, green valley, alpine and highlands. Any I have missed that are in reasonable travelling time? Which have the best promotions? If it makes any difference at all I usually play during the week in the afternoon.

Any information would be appreciated.

Royal Chiang Mai were doing a reasonable membership deal a few months back. I cannot remember the price

Summit Green Valley has some reasonable prices but beware of afternoon golf there and slow 6 ball games

North Hill is the cheapest membership but there is still a green fee. It is also a fair hike from San Sai

Why not forget the membership and just pay the green fees and caddie fees wherever you want? 

That opens you up to not feeling "locked into" a certain course. 

Is it cheaper or more expensive over the long run? My guess is if you can afford a membership, then you have the capital  not to care. 

Hi Trujillo. Thank you for your input. It is definitely a lot more expensive to do it like that if you are playing a lot. I try to play 2 or 3 times a week so the costs would really add up over a year. Also, I don't know about other courses but at Maejo they no longer accept a Thai drivers license as proof of residence (sign in clubhouse says you need retirement or student visa neither of which I have) so I would probably be paying a pretty high tourist green fee.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

About 30 minutes from San Sai, Gassan Legacy, now a good challenging golf course.

I tend to go with Trujillo, 18 golf courses in the Chiang Mai area, so spread it around. High season could be a little costly but usually deals around as not so many golfing tourists nowadays.

Low season, deals abound and now it extends from April in to November.

Bit of extra info on Chiangmai .Golf

Archived