Labor Day observed nationwide

Labor Day observed nationwide

PNECO600501001000501.jpg

SONGKHLA, 1 May 2017 (NNT) – Agencies across the nation have organized activities to observe National Labor Day today with holidaying laborers seen crowding the Thai-Malaysia border to enjoy their day off. 

The Sadao Border Checkpoint between Thailand and Malaysia in Songkhla province has seen an uptick in travelers since April 28 as Thais and their neighbors in Malaysia took advantage of the long weekend afforded by National Labor Day today to engage in shopping and relaxation. The crowds have been comprised of Thais from provinces such as Surat Thani and Nakhon Si Thammarat and up to 10,000 Malaysians daily. 

In Prachinburi, workers from 9 factories have organized a parade to mark Labor Day with the procession promoting safe labor practices. The parade is to culminate in the hand out of standards certification to new workers as well as a meeting between employers, employees and labor officials. 

At Bangkok’s Indoor Stadium Hua Mark, a Blue Flag Fair has commenced to provide cheap goods from household items to food sourced by the Ministry of Commerce to laborers. The event is being held under the title “Blue Flag Fair: Labor Drives the Thai Economy”. The fair will run until tomorrow.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-05-01

From one laborer to millions of others Happy Labor Day. Your under fire and your numbers are diminishing. Its a day for reflection. Its the one day of the year when big business cannot rain on your parade. Sunshine always. The wonderful labor days I had are gone but not forgotten. As long as I can look in a mirror and remember who is starring back they will be with me. Cheers and solidarity forever.