Jump to content

Help needed for Procedure and conditions


Recommended Posts

Hello Everyone I am new to this Forum ive been Searching a lot in the Internet for the last few months.

Reading on all the other Websites and Forums made me evan more confused then befor so I found you here and Hope Someone can help and make things clear for me.

 

To my Situation at this point now I am 30 years old still live in Germany with my wife (thai) and doughter (german/thai) for about 5 years we want to move tho Thailand soon.

Yesterday I Requested a Non Imm Visa O multiple based on marriage so this shuld come in a few days.

About 6 years ago we lived in Thailand at that time I had a Non Imm B visa and Traveled every 90 Days to Cambodia for the Extension. But In the last 6 years many things changed about staying in Thailand.

So there are a few things that are still unclear to me.

 

How is the Procedure when I arrive in Thailand do I have to contact Immigration office immediately within 24h?

Because we need to take care a few things in Bangkok first before we go on to Nong Phai Petchabun where we will sattle down.

 

The property we will live on belongs to my Wife but the House owner is her Father will That be a Problem for the tm30?

 

So and after the first 90 days whats the best for me to do?

We not have the 400k yet ond monthly income is not enaugh to at this point now. We still need to wait untill we sell some property in Bangkok but I dont know how quick this will be done.

 

Help and suggestions are welcome and many thanks in Advance

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Having replied in another topic, but now seeing your financial situation, then a Non Imm O ME Visa is your only option at this point.

You will have to leave the Country every 90 days, to get another 90 day entry.

 

Once your financial position improves, you can obtain an 'extension based on marriage' to a Thai from your local Immigration office.

You can then make 90 day reports at that Immigration office.

Being married to a Thai allows you the right to work, you'd just need a work permit from the Dept of Labour.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, dentonian said:

Having replied in another topic, but now seeing your financial situation, then a Non Imm O ME Visa is your only option at this point.

You will have to leave the Country every 90 days, to get another 90 day entry.

 

Once your financial position improves, you can obtain an 'extension based on marriage' to a Thai from your local Immigration office.

You can then make 90 day reports at that Immigration office.

Ok so if i get it right once ife got the 400k on my bank account i can obtain the 'extension based on marriage'  with the Non Imm O ME visa to?

 

7 minutes ago, dentonian said:

Being married to a Thai allows you the right to work, you'd just need a work permit from the Dept of Labour.

The WP I can do right away when i arrive in Bangkok or?

Edited by yayo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Till you get sorted 90day then the week before it runs out go to immigrstion and get a 60 dsy extension based on visiting wife. Will give you 5 months before having to do a border run again.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Till you get sorted 90day then the week before it runs out go to immigrstion and get a 60 dsy extension based on visiting wife. Will give you 5 months before having to do a border run again.

what will we have to bring for the 60 day extension are there any requirements?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, yayo said:

Ok so if i get it right once ife got the 400k on my bank account i can obtain the 'extension based on marriage'  with the Non Imm O ME visa to?

 

The WP I can do right away when i arrive in Bangkok or?

On each entry your are given permission to stay for 90 days.

Within the last 30 days of any of the 90 day entries you can apply for an 'extension based on marriage'

The 400,000 must be in a Thai bank for 2 months before the date of the application.

 

As already mentioned you can apply for a 60 day extension to any 90 day entry, giving you 120 days before having to exit/re-enter.

 

You would first have to find suitable employment.

Your new employer should supply the documents that you need to obtain a work permit.

Your choice of employment is restrictive due to Thai laws.

 

You were on a Non B previously, I assume you worked?

Edited by dentonian
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, dentonian said:

You were on a Non B previously, I assume you worked?

yes but 6 years ago i did some export from thailand to germany over my own company but i didnt have a WP I assumed I didnt need one

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, yayo said:

yes but 6 years ago i did some export from thailand to germany over my own company but i didnt have a WP I assumed I didnt need one

Without a work permit you would be working illegally.

Unless you are defined as a specialist or expert in certain fields, the only employment you'd find is teaching English.

 

A lot of schools employ unqualified personnel without any experience due to the vast shortage of English speakers.

You would probably have to accept a reduced salary, but it's a possibility.

 

Read this link;

https://www.samuiforsale.com/knowledge/foreign-work-permit-application-thailand.html

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, yayo said:

what will we have to bring for the 60 day extension are there any requirements?

The mrs and relevent forms TM 7 if i remember correctly. Copy of your passport and visa tm6 ext.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, dentonian said:

Without a work permit you would be working illegally.

Unless you are defined as a specialist or expert in certain fields, the only employment you'd find is teaching English.

 

A lot of schools employ unqualified personnel without any experience due to the vast shortage of English speakers.

You would probably have to accept a reduced salary, but it's a possibility.

 

Read this link;

https://www.samuiforsale.com/knowledge/foreign-work-permit-application-thailand.html

 

For the WP I had some Information from here it is almost the same http://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand/work-permit-basics.php

 

they say ' Thai Immigration may consider work permit approval '

 

If your work involves supporting export of Thai products.

If you are married to a Thai citizen with a legalized marriage registration, publicly cohabiting as husband and wife, and with a legal profession.

That was the way I wanted to go to try get the WP on this requirements because we want to produce Food supplements  and export them to Germany if that is possible to get at my current situation

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

The mrs and relevent forms TM 7 if i remember correctly. Copy of your passport and visa tm6 ext.

Ok Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, dentonian said:

A lot of schools employ unqualified personnel without any experience due to the vast shortage of English speakers.

You would probably have to accept a reduced salary, but it's a possibility.

yeah I read about this possibility already it would be a option

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A borderline post with possible illegal activity has been edited.   Many agents have a number of methods to help people obtain a visa; some are legal and some less so.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, dentonian said:

Having replied in another topic, but now seeing your financial situation, then a Non Imm O ME Visa is your only option at this point.

You will have to leave the Country every 90 days, to get another 90 day entry.

 

Once your financial position improves, you can obtain an 'extension based on marriage' to a Thai from your local Immigration office.

You can then make 90 day reports at that Immigration office.

Being married to a Thai allows you the right to work, you'd just need a work permit from the Dept of Labour.

 

"Being married to a Thai allows you the right to work, you'd just need a work permit from the Dept of Labour." - No it does not !

 

Having the correct visa or extension and associated work permit gives you the right to work !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, muzmurray said:

 

"Being married to a Thai allows you the right to work, you'd just need a work permit from the Dept of Labour." - No it does not !

 

Having the correct visa or extension and associated work permit gives you the right to work !

Your correct, but the OP stated he has already applied for a Non Imm O ME Visa based on marriage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, dentonian said:

Your correct, but the OP stated he has already applied for a Non Imm O ME Visa based on marriage.

Still waiting for the Embassy to call.

I guess I will just visit the Dept. of Labour then when I stay in Thailand and Try to get the WP based on the things I pointed out earlier.

 

Because if I dont have a WP I am not allowed to do anything related with work or not even helping my wife or family in their work?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, yayo said:

Still waiting for the Embassy to call.

I guess I will just visit the Dept. of Labour then when I stay in Thailand and Try to get the WP based on the things I pointed out earlier.

 

Because if I dont have a WP I am not allowed to do anything related with work or not even helping my wife or family in their work?

 

It's a grey area what you can and cannot do and what is classified as work.

Even with a work permit it specifies your job role and place of work.

 

Helping in a family business, even unpaid, would be classified as working.

Working or your own house or car does not constitute working in my opinion, but others will disagree.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, dentonian said:

 

It's a grey area what you can and cannot do and what is classified as work.

Even with a work permit it specifies your job role and place of work.

 

Helping in a family business, even unpaid, would be classified as working.

Working or your own house or car does not constitute working in my opinion, but others will disagree.

Just do what you have to do is my moto. What the eye doesnt see the heart doesnt grieve over. But whatever you do or do not do keep your own council on it.

Edited by jeab1980
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, dentonian said:

 

It's a grey area what you can and cannot do and what is classified as work.

Even with a work permit it specifies your job role and place of work.

 

Helping in a family business, even unpaid, would be classified as working.

Working or your own house or car does not constitute working in my opinion, but others will disagree.

 

Please explain which part of this is "grey" - "The term “work” in Thai law is defined very broadly, covering both physical and mental activities, whether or not for wages or other form of compensation. Even volunteer or charity work requires a work permit in Thailand."

 

All work requires a work permit and the associated permission to stay.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, muzmurray said:

 

Please explain which part of this is "grey" - "The term “work” in Thai law is defined very broadly, covering both physical and mental activities, whether or not for wages or other form of compensation. Even volunteer or charity work requires a work permit in Thailand."

 

All work requires a work permit and the associated permission to stay.

If it's not black or white, then it's grey.

 

You performed a physical and mental activity to post your reply.

Would you consider that 'work' and requiring a work permit.

Let's not be silly, this topic has been discussed many times on TV, never reaching a definitive conclusion.

 

Use discretion and common sense. If it feels wrong, it probably is.

If your activity can be described as a 'profession' then you clearly need a work permit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.






×
×
  • Create New...