Vaccinations

les1

Anyone know of a clinic or Hospital in Chiang Mai or Hua Hin where we could get Yellow Fever Vaccinations & how much they would cost. Any info' would be grateful for. Thanks. :o
I got rabies immunizations at the Thai Red Cross in downtown Hua Hin, and I'll bet they have all the vaccines there that you'd normally need. You can always ask at Sao Paolo Hospital. Yellow fever, though, is quite rare. Chiang Mai is more likely, since they have huge medical centers.

There's an obvious reason for the scarcity of yellow fever here: the Thai govt. tries hard not to give visas to anybody who's travelled in a country that has it, such as Venezuela, unless you prove you've had the shots. Once you get the y.f. vaccine, keep the documentation for further visas.

Your post lets me ask (since I've now moved to Chiang Mai): where's the best place in CMai for yellow fever shots?

I have no idea what they cost, but I doubt we're talking 500 baht or more. However, once opened, the vaccine quickly expires. The place where I got mine only gave them once a week, during a 30 minute time frame.