Visa Options when not Completing One's Contract

My contract finishes September 30th of this year but I will be resigning on June 31st. Actually, I will have competed one year of work on June 31st, 2017 having started on July 1st, 2016 but the company I work for stipulates that all new contracts must begin on October 1st. So when I started working last year on July 1st,  I signed a contract for three months. I then had to sign a new one-year contract the last week of September, This contract was obviously for Oct.1st 2016 to Sept.30th. 2017. Since I am going to resign on June 30th, 2017 I am wondering what my visa extension options are. Can I apply for a retirment visa and how much time do I have. My colleagues told me my employer always returns the work permit to the Labor Department on the day someone resigns. I think I can get a one -week extension. Since I am married to a Thai, registered marriage, and she has a house with a proper house registration I will be moving to live with her on a permanent basis in Buriram.  So I will  probably apply for the retirement extension  in Buriram and submit my proof of address at the same time. But I am afraid of all the rushing around and bot getting everything ready for Buriram Immigration is such  short period of time.I am also wondering if it would be easier to apply for the retirment extension in Sir Ratcha as soon as my work permit is returned. But  I will no longer be living in Chonburi  and Sri Racha Immigration will require a one-year rental agreement. 

I am also wondering if I can get a 6-month extention for wife support. I don't know much about this extention but it has appeared on this forum. 

If I do a border crossing into Laos for a possible tourist visa or Non-O based on marriage, will Thai Immigation question me as to why I an cancelling my Non-O work visa/extention before it is completed.

One more question. When  my work permit is returned on June 30th, and I don't leave the country, I will be here illegally. But I have read on this forum that if you fly out of Thailand instead of making a border crossing,  Immigration will not question you as long as you are out before October 1st since my Non-O in my passport is good until September 30th, 2017.

So apparently I can stay here for threemore months but not legally. 

Thanks for reading.

46 minutes ago, maphraw said:

since my Non-O in my passport is good until September 30th, 2017.

Do you have a non-O or non-B in your passport, now? 

A Non-B extension of stay would end when you job does. 

A Non-O based on marriage would not expire, and your working or not would Not affect your permitted stay. 

If you Are on a Non-B, your permitted stay will end on your last day of work, and you could get the 7-days at immigration and/or go out for a 90-day or 1-Year-ME Non-O based on marriage, which would buy you time to move, etc, before arranging things for a 1-year extension based on marriage or retirement.

To get more time you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife. She would have to be with you when you apply.

You could apply for the 60 day extension using your current rental agreement to prove your residence Sriracha.

You will need a letter from your employer to cancel your current extension that states the last day you will be working.

Do you the financial proof to apply for an extension based upon retirement? You will need 800k baht in a Thai bank for 3 months or proof 65k baht income or a combination of the 2 totaling 800k baht.

You could apply for extension based upon retirement near the end of the 60 day extension since it will be an extension of a non immigrant visa entry.

I did this last year. My company cancelled the wp a few weeks before I left and gave me a termination letter. I attended the im office when the extension run out and it was replaced with my new retirement extension. Don't forget to copy your latest work permit you might need it for your tax return at the year ed.