Printer Bought In Thailand?

penzman

When printing u.s. letter format, printed documents are never centered. I am using u.s. letter paper type. The printer is set to u.s. letter paper size also. Whatever software I use, I do select ther correct paper type and size. Whenever i try to print a document it is never centered and any software that I use gives the error message "Document is bigger than printable area, do you want to proceed?"...

So the final result is a document with the text not centered and the color background is not covering the whole sheet of paper as the printer leaves white margins or borders all around.(u.s. letter)

There is no problem with printing the same documents on A4 as they are perfectly centered and no white margins or borders.

Printer is a HP OfficeJet G85 bought here in Thailand.

(I did email Hp but...)

Did you look on the HP web site for problems like this? www.hp.com

Are you getting any error messages? If so do a google to see if you can find a solution.

Does it fail to align with every program? Or just one? It's possible a program is telling it to use fixed width fonts, but the printer is ignoring it.

Since you are using HP, have you tried setting the paper size as A4?

Did you go into printer services? Try Start | Printer (i.e., G85), and hunt around properties until you find printer services where you have an option to realign the cartridges

If all fails, try this site to see if you can get some help:

http://fixyourownprinter.com/printer/new/16440.html

Here are a couple of entries:

Re: Hp officejet g85

My printer says "press enter to align cartridges." I have tried this and it feeds a sheet of paper, checks that it is there and then ejects it. I have turned the printer on and off, hit cancel, reset by plugging in the power cord while holding down the 6 and # keys. Any suggestions?

Re: Hp officejet g85

Press and hold the Enter button, and then press Menu to bypass the cartridge alignment. Then print a test page to verify that all of the colors are present.

If your cartridges are working properly, the root cause of your problem may be a missing paper sensor lens. If you are also seeing a 'Paper Mismatch Remove Transparency and Replace with Plain Paper' error when receiving a fax, this is another indication that the lens may be missing. To check, the cover on the right side of the carriage will have to be removed.

Open the printer as if you are going to remove the cartridges. Wait for the carriage to appear then unplug the power. Remove the two large springs and pry apart the large hinges. The scanner will now hinge upward about 90 degrees. Don't try to remove it or you will rip out the cables going to the electronics board. Remove sensor cover on the right side of the carriage. It is held in place by one T10 Torx screw. The small printed circuit board underneath should have a clear plastic piece facing toward where the paper feeds through. If it is missing order P/N C6426-60013.

"Document is bigger than printable area, do you want to proceed?"...

this is an error you can only get in microsoft word suite penzman. (word exel ect)

In Word you actually have to set your paper size for every document. Standard this is a4 when you have the non us english version.

Or you adjust each document which is under file, page setup.

or you overwrite your normal.dot template with an adjusted one.

you might have to save as xxx.dot first and then overwrite it through your explorer. You find the templates in your user profile under c:\documents and settings