Line sharing link on ThaiVisa posts doesn't work

Chou Anou

So, I'm curious about something.  When I'm viewing ThaiVisa.com on my laptop, and I click on the Line share link that now appears on ThaiVisa forum posts, all it does is take me to a download page for the Line app (which I already have installed on my laptop).  

ThaiVisa is not the only site I've had this exact same problem with.  So am I to assume that Line sharing links on posts (on whatever website) NEVER work with the Line app on laptops, and only work with Line on smartphones?  Thanks.

I guess not many people have LINE installed on the desktop computer or the laptop and it makes no sense, as far as I can see, to give a link to the download page for the LINE app in Thaivisa posts, but when such link is included it should really bring the user to the the LINE program on his computer, just like the Twitter link brings me to the Twitter program.

590ca7f023cec_LINlink.gif.cf47ff2074a04c05a1cf711675160a99.gif

The Facebook link works perfectly.

The WhatsApp link brings me to the download page for the app, even though I am logged into WhatsApp on the PC.

The Google+ link works well.

The Gmail link works perfectly.

Correct, all of the links work perfectly, except the Line link.  And like I said, I've encountered this problem on other websites with a "share on Line" link as well (and only on a laptop).

22 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Thanks for the heads up. The tech team will investigate.

cheers

Thanks.  I'm pretty sure, though, that this is a Line issue, since it doesn't work on any website on which the "share on Line" button appears.  They need to establish a way to have web browsers launch the external application; apparently, that doesn't exist yet.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2017-5-6 at 9:00 PM, BrianBkyn said:

I have a friend who wants to get TV on Line but I have not been able to find the Line ID to give him. Does anyone have this? Thx.

Your friend must register for LINE in the app on his smartphone.

Archived