Meter reading

taninthai

I'm 100% sure I know what this meter reading is ,,it seems the pea are not sure would anyone Luke to confirm for me it is 9 units...nearly 10.

The meter reader has read it wrong and had it down first at 35 units,obviously have used electric since last reading so before we went to pay Bill yesterday took the is picture to show pea ,the cashier guy at pea said it's 99 units[emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]1494038638045.jpg

Maybe the meter reader had it right.  That's a new meter and I would agree with your reading of 9 nearly 10 units, but perhaps there was an outstanding usage on the replaced meter of 26 making a total of the 35 he recorded.

4 minutes ago, gmac said:

Maybe the meter reader had it right.  That's a new meter and I would agree with your reading of 9 nearly 10 units, but perhaps there was an outstanding usage on the replaced meter of 26 making a total of the 35 he recorded.

It's a new build place and I had to bring 4 poles and 80 meters of cable so there was never a meter to replace.   We are also on temp supply so have paid over 800 bht Bill so far.....Lol.

To be honest I wouldn't expect the cashier who you pay the bill money to to actually know about meter readings told the misses she needs to go into the meter department.

Have had 3 bills so far 270 bht,380 bht and then a bill last week 27 bht.

51 minutes ago, Forkinhades said:

Well the KWh is on top of last digit. So I will say it is 99 KWh

I agree, on that model of meter the rightmost digit is whole kWh.

EDIT The version that shows 1/10 kWh has a decimal point and a red square round the rightmost digit.

1_1_1.jpg

I disagree it has the little lines in the last box and meter reading only ever go to 4 digits,,,,it would mean I have used 35 units in three days ....impossible.the first picture is pea meter installed 3 months ago,the 2nd picture is private meter installed on my property 5 days ago.

1494052998268.jpg1494053032436.jpg

Ok pic in first post was yesterday 11am9.9 or 99 the other pic 10.6 or 106 was midday today, ,,was out all day yesterday came home midnight and had 9000btu air con running midnight to 7:30am....7 units or .7units

2 minutes ago, taninthai said:

Ok pic in first post was yesterday 11am9.9 or 99 the other pic 10.6 or 106 was midday today, ,,was out all day yesterday came home midnight and had 9000btu air con running midnight to 7:30am....7 units or .7units

that's normal. so what's your problem? :huh:

Just now, Forkinhades said:

Yes indeed the little lines are the 1/10th of a unit.

discussing the colours of a sunrise with blind people is a futile attempt. the consumption of 7kWh in a period of 7½ hours should have been evidence enough that the digits of the meter show kWh and the lines utmost right show fractions.

14 hours ago, Naam said:

discussing the colours of a sunrise with blind people is a futile attempt. the consumption of 7kWh in a period of 7½ hours should have been evidence enough that the digits of the meter show kWh and the lines utmost right show fractions.

Sometimes one has to get the glove puppets out.

12 minutes ago, Forkinhades said:

Yes indeed the little lines are the 1/10th of a unit.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yeah I suppose it makes sense ....Lol.

Going down to pea Monday to start the ball rolling to get of temp supply .....do they change the meter or just lower the rate......thanks for sensible replies ..the others know what they can do???

The PEA might change the meter. If you have your "permit to build' your process of obtaining permanent electricity and the lower rate to go faster. The inspection from a PEA employee will check your actual grounding. You may be asked where is the location of your grounding rod.  I use over 650 KW each month. 7 units in 7 hours with an a/c running along with other light load seems possible to me.  I've had beat up meters as the "temporary" service meter and when the home was ready for inspection I had a new meter installed by the PEA on my wife's property on a pole I own. Each month the PEA meter reader rings our gate bell and comes to read the meter. Never a mistake, but the meter is installed in a metal box at a height the meter reader can read. 

Your 9000 BTU A/C will use about 900W when the compressor is running.

Let's say it's not set seriously cold and runs at 30% duty cycle. That gives us an hourly usage of 0.29 Units.

Midnight to 7.30AM = 7.5 hours equating to 2.2 Units.

If it were running flat out (100% duty cycle) it would use 6.75 Units.

Both are larger than 0.7, therefore the meter is reading 7 Units.

EDIT We manage to have a standing load not including A/C, water heaters or water pumps of about 7A (1.5kW) 24/7/365. I'm doing a detailed study to see where it's all going, thread coming soon.