Motorcycle accident recovery charge?

DanCarr

Ahhh.........so you are saying that the police are now less prejudiced than before? Not true. If anything, they are even worse.

The other rider didn't have a license, therefore making null and void any insurance.

Frankly, it never even entered my mind to try and use the crappy compulsory insurance.

Yes, the police admitted it wasn't my fault, yet, still tried to pressure me into paying everything.

Edited by KarenBravo

15 hours ago, tootall said:

No they do not. You can't even park in the police station to  park to make a complaint, report or pay a fine in Pattaya. You have to park on the street if you can find one. So with all the traffic accidents daily in Pattaya, you think the will take your bike to the police station and store it for you for free? Get real nothing in Thailand is free. Everyone has to get money off you. If they took it to the police station the police could not park their vehicles, which is more important to have than a falong vehicle or bike. They take your bike to a storage lot, then you pay the police to get your vehicle out, pay the storage lot more money to get it out. Good luck trying to find the correct storage lot as there are so many. Nothing about the police is free. You want them to do their job after making a report they want money to do th job they are paid to do. I miss civilization   

Where in Phuket and not Pattaya.

There is normal parking space at (almost) all police stations on Phuket which can be used without any problems.

Bikes and most cars are stored at the police station and not in some storage.

43 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Ahhh.........so you are saying that the police are now less prejudiced than before? Not true. If anything, they are even worse.

The other rider didn't have a license, therefore making null and void any insurance.

Frankly, it never even entered my mind to try and use the crappy compulsory insurance.

Yes, the police admitted it wasn't my fault, yet, still tried to pressure me into paying everything.

Your remark 'the other driver did not have a license therefor making the insurance void' is not correct. And sorry, if his insurance cover came up I can not believe it did not enter your mind to call in your insurance cover.

If you would have not accepted that would have been the end of this for you. No way they would have gone to court, after admitting themselves you were not to blame. I see this as the officers looking for the easy way out.

Edited by stevenl

On 5/9/2017 at 0:33 PM, Psimbo said:

Fascinating but this is a thread about PHUKET!

Understand, but we are talking about Thailand. The stations do not have ample parking to store all the bikes and cars they take away. Go look at the station yourself, or ask about where the bike is. They will tell you it is at another location and you have to pay the police and the storage (daily storage fee). Does not matter where in Thailand this happened

16 hours ago, tootall said:

Understand, but we are talking about Thailand. The stations do not have ample parking to store all the bikes and cars they take away. Go look at the station yourself, or ask about where the bike is. They will tell you it is at another location and you have to pay the police and the storage (daily storage fee). Does not matter where in Thailand this happened

Yes it does- this is a thread about PHUKET- things are different elsewhere and have no relevance to THIS issue..

6 hours ago, DanCarr said:

3500 supposedly all to the recovery firm. I'm sure no one got a large commission.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

What was the name of the "recovery firm?" I'm guessing the Chalong Police? The price sounds about like their lowball price. Oh well, it's over and time to move on...