Foreigners Residing in Thailand Can Use the E-Channel at Suvarnabhumi Immigration

This video was shown on my flight just before arriving tonight. According to the video, foreigners can now use the E-Channel to pass Immigration at Suvarnabhumi Airport.

Has anyone used this method yet? I plan to try it on my next arrival. I didn't try it tonight because I wasn't sure I heard the video correctly which is why I searched for it on YouTube to watch again.

Seems like good news for a change.

Just now, YetAnother said:

so the video on the flight was either ambiguous or incomplete or just wrong; sounds thai

I would call it out of date. There was a proposal or intention to make it available for those here on long stay visas or extension of stay but that has not happened yet.

I would call it out of date. There was a proposal or intention to make it available for those here on long stay visas or extension of stay but that has not happened yet.

Not sure it can be called out of date. The video was added to the "Airport of Thailand" official YouTube page 4 months ago and was shown on my flight last night from Auckland.

On 07/05/2017 at 9:04 AM, sstuff3 said:

Not sure it can be called out of date. The video was added to the "Airport of Thailand" official YouTube page 4 months ago and was shown on my flight last night from Auckland.

It is current. The problem is with the use of "reside in Thailand". Many foreigners reside in Thailand, but are not legally resident.

They should be clearer that it's for foreigners who have a 'residents permit' commonly known as 'permanent residency'.

Edited by elviajero
  • Like 1