Driver's out of body experience as he credits amulet with miraculous escape

webfact

Driver's out of body experience as he credits amulet with miraculous escape

6pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

NAHON SI THAMMARAT: -- A driver credited his amulet with saving his life in a horror smash that completely destroyed his Fortuner.

But there was much more to the story than the usual claim about a magical amulet saving a life.

Police and observers of the aftermath of the Fortuner's collision with the back of a parked 18 wheel truck and large tree in Thung Song were astounded that anyone could survive, reported Thai Rath.

In fact with no body at the scene they started a search believing the driver was in pieces in the undergrowth somewhere.

But he was later found 200 meters away - telling relatives who found him that he was sorry that he was dead.

He did not even have a scratch on his body.

Sayan Khiawyai, 42, a restaurant and car rental business owner in Phuket, was on his way to Nakorn Sri Thammarat on Wednesday to attend a wedding of his adopted son.

Relatives called to check on his progress as the Fortuner was going to be decked out as the groom's wedding car for the ceremony the next day. Sayan said he was thirty minutes from their house.

But subsequent calls were not answered and relatives went in search after hearing of an accident in Thung Song district.

His adoptive brother Tawatphun Praserttikun, 35, said that they feared the worst as they arrived at the scene and started looking with police and foundation staff for Sayan in the undergrowth assuming that he was already dead.

The car was completely destroyed.

But they found no sign of the driver so they decided to spread out and search the wider area.

In a clearing 200 meters from the accident Tawatphun saw Sayan sitting quietly and went up to say to him: "Wow! I can't believe it you're alive!"

The reply was not as expected. Sayan said: "I'm so sorry to let everyone down. I won't be coming to the wedding. I was killed in a road accident".

At which point Tawatphun shook his brother's arm and said: "Brother! Brother! Phee Yan! You are not dead - you're still alive!"

Realizing he was still flesh and blood Sayan hugged Tawatphun and they walked back to the crash site where stunned searchers and police could not believe their eyes.

They all wanted to know if he was wearing an amulet - he unbuttoned his shirt to reveal his "Phor Than Khlai" amulet, the only one he has worn since he bought it at a temple twenty six years ago.

Sayan explained to investigating police yesterday that he was on his way to the wedding when he hit the back of a trailer that was parked on the hard shoulder but sticking out 50 centimeters into the left lane. He lost control and was catapulted into a tree.

He said that he felt himself float above the cab and assumed that he was dead. He had no recollection of walking away from the wreckage until he was found by his relative.

Nathapong Maiduang investigating for the Thung Song police said it was absolutely unbelievable that Sayan had not only survived but been completely unscathed without a single scratch.

He said that the truck driver had felt sleepy and pulled over but had left the back edge of his trailer sticking out on the dark road and then promptly fell asleep.

Both vehicles are now at the police station as the investigation continues.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-08

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, webfact said:

Nathapong Maiduang investigating for the Thung Song police said it was absolutely unbelievable

I'm certainly slapping my head at the whole 'are you wearing an amulet?'  angle to the story.

"A driver credited his amulet with saving his life in a horror smash..."

The attitude among many here is that driving crashes is a matter of luck and has nothing to do with safe driving skills. Besides, if one gets killed, he can look forward to his next life being better. 

And people wonder why the driving is so dangerous in Thailand.   

" Relatives called to check on his progress as the Fortuner was going to be decked out as the groom's wedding car for the ceremony the next day. Sayan said he was thirty minutes from their house."

so did he plow into the rear of the truck after being distracted by the phone call? or sending a text?

what about the thousands with amulets that get slaughtered on the roads every year. My first TG had a brother with loads of them, against being stabbed, against being shot, against accidents, black magic attacks. On the bus to CM he walked around the parked bus and got hit by a lorry and killed, must have left that one at home.

Self-sustaining prophesy - if you survive, it's because of the amulet; if you don't, who cares.

Hope he realises that the amulet's luck credit has now been expended, and it needs to be recharged at the local wat. Fees are set with regard to your wealth, not your level of idiocy - a high score on that is assumed.

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

" Relatives called to check on his progress as the Fortuner was going to be decked out as the groom's wedding car for the ceremony the next day. Sayan said he was thirty minutes from their house."

so did he plow into the rear of the truck after being distracted by the phone call? or sending a text?

It was in  a blind spot behind his lao khao bottle.  Definitely the work of friendly spirits.

Edited by The Deerhunter

1 hour ago, Orton Rd said:

what about the thousands with amulets that get slaughtered on the roads every year. My first TG had a brother with loads of them, against being stabbed, against being shot, against accidents, black magic attacks. On the bus to CM he walked around the parked bus and got hit by a lorry and killed, must have left that one at home.

So the moral of the story is "never leave home without it"

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

The Government should buy every driver one of these amulets,would

save so many lives,use the Submarine money,:saai:

regards worgeordie

I think the amulet money in that deal is already spoken for. The submarine crew are going to need all they can get.

4 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

I'm certainly slapping my head at the whole 'are you wearing an amulet?'  angle to the story.

Maybe should change the practice back home from...."were you wearing your seat belt".....to... etc.,

1 hour ago, The Deerhunter said:

It was in  a blind spot behind his lao khao bottle.  Definitely the work of friendly spirits.

My thoughts exactly " He said that he felt himself float above the cab and assumed that he was dead. " Ive floated when blind drunk or stoned too after hitting a BIG stationary truck ! LMAO but I had no amulet.

4 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Of course, he didn't have the right amulets! You farang are so dumb sometimes - you not unnerstan.  :cheesy:

5 hours ago, jaltsc said:

The attitude among many here is that driving crashes is a matter of luck and has nothing to do with safe driving skills. Besides, if one gets killed, he can look forward to his next life being better. 

it just shows you a thick thai driver goes to sleep leaving his tow stuck out in left lane , so lazy did not even get out to check pea brained drivers need eyes in back of your head when driving in thailand

5 hours ago, jaltsc said:

I don't think ANYONE wonders. We all know perfectly well :unsure: