2 month stay

Good morning, I may have asked a similar question before but can someone just clarify what I would need to do to stay in Thailand for 2 months. I know I am allowed a 30 day stay but I do want to stay for 2 months if possible. How do I go about doing that and is it possible?  Any help greatly appreciated

It is best to get a single entry tourist visa. That will give you 60 days, and can be extended by another 30 days if necessary.

If you travel without a visa the airline might want to see an onward flight (to anywhere) dated within 30 days and could deny you boarding without it. You would get permission to stay for 30 days which could be extended by another 30 days at immigration for 1,900 baht.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Upnotover said:

30 days visa exempt entry which you can then extend by 30 days at immigration.  Better though would be to get a single entry tourist visa which gives you a 60 day entry and also avoids any possible issues with the airline with you not having an outbound flight within 30 days.

Do I need to apply to Thai Embassy in UK for a single entry tourist visa?

17 minutes ago, Peterg59 said:

If you're in the UK you can apply, in person, at the Emabssy or any of the Consulates. You can apply by post to the London Embassy (only). It usually takes less than a week for them to issue the visa and return your passport.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Peterg59 said:

If you are located conveniently close to one of the consulates, that will be your best choice for getting the single entry tourist visa. They will process it while you wait (less than 30 minutes). You can fill out the application form while there, and need to provide only your passport, visa photo and cash. At some consulates, it is advisable to make an appointment though.

At the London embassy, they will not do the visa while you wait. It will take a couple of days. You do have the option of applying by mail to the embassy.

• Like 1