Helpless old woman repeated kicked in the head by Thai gang

webfact

5 hours ago, Prbkk said:

Disgraceful but it is noted that assurances from the good General that loan-sharking is under control appear to be premature.

BTW, the punt in the orange shirt should have his testicles removed . Repulsive creature.

I'm not a fan of vigilante justice, nor of the death penalty, but I would quite happily slot that b#stard.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, Sooo Upto Me said:

Lets hope this makes the international news around the world.

Once again it just shows the Thai male scum that are total thugs & cowards.

And all the bystanders who done nothing to help the old lady are just as bad.

Sickening.

I don't think that you can say the bystanders are just as bad because they did not directly assist. I would think that two or three guys (even these guys) should be able to beat one woman, the other nine or ten are there in case a bystander does try to step in. Then I think you may see a real beating.

45 minutes ago, fdch said:

jee is it just me or do more people think that the violence got worse after the coup? or after dad died??

10 years ago it was not like this was it?

i never feld unsafe in thailand

new york chicago nigeria owwow worse i am sure but now here around my corner??

It is very difficult to say, in my opinion, but there seems to be more of this sort of thing happening. Of course the prevalence of mobile phone cameras, and social media, means that it is a lot more public.

Maybe the two events to which you refer have in some way loosened the moral framework in this society. I certainly have wondered.

I also believe that the police have to all intents and purposes retreated from any attempt to protect people or impose any form of order on society.. Again how much of that is due to them being more closely (re)directed since the coup is open to debate

Edited by JAG

6 hours ago, Wiggy said:

One thing I'll never understand here.....why does the victim have to do the job of the police?  

"The victim was expected to come with the report to the police station at 10am this morning."

Why can't the police visit the victim as in civilized countries?

They are anything but civilized here.

4 hours ago, survivalblue said:

These incidents seem to be increasing and more widespread.  That or more reported and caught on camera.

As a foreigner, it makes me concerned about the future of Thailand.  

There seems to be no efforts to prosecute and criminalize violence.  

Instead the authorities are harassing food vendors, tourists, and peaceful poor people.

And where is thr national police chief. He rarely appears or makes comment.

Time for a new breed of cops well overdue.

From current TV broadcast here there were three persons on MC, two boys and girl (not really old woman) who were attacked by a gang group of about 10 boys who they claim they do not know.  Police believe is was a gang related mistake and wrong persons were attacked.  

6 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Maybe she will not want to leave this place.  Where will you both go?  This kind of things sadly happens all over the world, and here are a lot worse countries for violence than here... just look at what happens in some parts of America these days!  

As noted by you, " it happens all over the world "  why bring in the Americans into the conversation?   I thought we were talking about Thailand? because it happens all over the world should that mean we should accept and keep silence because this isn't our country?  I guess if we do speak up we should then " go home? ".

Edited by thailand49

5 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

jak.....some parts of America vs everywhere in thailand?

how do you feel about the civil war in the Deep South?

Use specifics or your response is meaningless.....

Firstly and more importantly, What happened to this lady was horrific as it would and should be anywhere in the world 

however your comment referenced at Jak is odd in that you say "Everywhere in Thailand"..... Really?...Everywhere? This doesn't happen everywhere in Thailand.  I am always amazed at the knee jerk reaction and responses to the news posted on TVF. People bite at it like a starving fish then quickly say "All". 

As for specifics, do a read up on some of the latest attacks on people in Chicago and Detroit for example coupled with the random murders by gun violence. 

In the end nobody wins. 

5 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

jak.....some parts of America vs everywhere in thailand?

how do you feel about the civil war in the Deep South?

Use specifics or your response is meaningless.....

I have not got the time to research and quote crime statistics for the entire USA.  Lets just say all the large cities in the poorer areas.  It's all over world not just Thailand. 

Edited by jak2002003

12 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

As noted by you, " it happens all over the world "  why bring in the Americans into the conversation?   I thought we were talking about Thailand? because it happens all over the world should that mean we should accept and keep silence because this isn't our country?  I guess if we do speak up we should then " go home? ".

What?  Where did I say we should accept it and keep silent because it's not our country?!!! 

What are you reading into my comment?  I have no even said anything about us having to 'go home if we don't like it'.

I was replying to a poster who says he can't wait till his daughter grows up so she can get out of Thailand as thinks this kind of violence only happens in Thailand. 

Just now, Happy Grumpy said:

More big Thai men feeling an inch bigger after stomping on an old woman's head.... :sad:

Yes cowardly attacks are peculiar to thailand.

We need some thaiphobic expat vigilantes to sort them out.

Then again the harder you type the softer you are likely to be.

What are your thoughts?

1 hour ago, Sooo Upto Me said:

Lets hope this makes the international news around the world.

Once again it just shows the Thai male scum that are total thugs & cowards.

And all the bystanders who done nothing to help the old lady are just as bad.

Sickening.

'Thai male scum'.... hmmm , so you think this kind of disgusting behavior is unique to Thai men?

6 hours ago, pentap said:

What a fxxking disgrace!

I'm sorry but this is not a civilised country.

Mind-less, sick bastards! Fxxking low life animals! No they are worse than animals.

Sicking.

My young daughter keeps me hanging on here, but I can't wait for the day when she a little older and can finally leave this place!

Go live in London after 6 months of reading about or experiencing the violence there you will think Thailand is the garden of Eden

7 hours ago, colinneil said:

Police are waiting for a medical report, before arresting those responsible.

What a load of hogwash., police cant be ar...d more like, as it is aan old lady.

No money in it for them.

TRUE why is there a Police Force in this country??

They should arrest these louts and put them in Klong Prom prison for the rest of their lives

7 hours ago, Wiggy said:

One thing I'll never understand here.....why does the victim have to do the job of the police?  

"The victim was expected to come with the report to the police station at 10am this morning."

The answer is very simple, because this (Thailand) is not a civilized country, anything els???

7 hours ago, Wiggy said:

Because it is not a "civilized" country? :whistling:

The police system and many of the police, I think, are just plain bloody lazy! If that lady was one of their family members they would be all over these thugs like a rash.

The paradise I once couldn't get enough of. Can Thailand sink any lower?

I think you'll find violent shit like this did happen in the "paradise you once couldn't get enough of". The difference is today it's captured on video and disseminated on social media.

2 minutes ago, just.a.thought said:

Cowards the bunch of them,no wonder so many Thai women hate Thai "men" 

I know quite a lot of Thai men in my village, on the whole they are a decent bunch, a few bad ones of course but that's everywhere the same. The young ones are generally inconsiderate and noisy show offs but show me a teenager who isn't.  

I know quite a lot of Thai men in my village, on the whole they are a decent bunch, a few bad ones of course but that's everywhere the same. The young ones are generally inconsiderate and noisy show offs but show me a teenager who isn't.  

Indeed. Some of us work with Thai men every day and don't use silly and inaccurate generalisations.

1 hour ago, JAFO said:

Firstly and more importantly, What happened to this lady was horrific as it would and should be anywhere in the world 

however your comment referenced at Jak is odd in that you say "Everywhere in Thailand"..... Really?...Everywhere? This doesn't happen everywhere in Thailand.  I am always amazed at the knee jerk reaction and responses to the news posted on TVF. People bite at it like a starving fish then quickly say "All". 

As for specifics, do a read up on some of the latest attacks on people in Chicago and Detroit for example coupled with the random murders by gun violence. 

In the end nobody wins. 

If it happens in the states leave it there and do not copy, but far too late it happens here every day all over the country crimes like this and even worse are happening. From death on the roads by idiot drivers to police and their underage sex romps to beatings, necklace snatches, suicides and corruption of all sorts the place has changed and no longer that once happy friendly place, its just plain dangerous to come here anymore as law and order does not exist.

16 minutes ago, wakeupplease said:

4x more people live in the states so what does that mean?

Well in many cases the math would say 4x the violent crime. Senseless violence happens all the world

29 minutes ago, wakeupplease said:

From death on the roads by idiot drivers to police and their underage sex romps to beatings, necklace snatches, suicides and corruption of all sorts the place has changed and no longer that once happy friendly place, its just plain dangerous to come here anymore as law and order does not exist.

I really do not want to spend the time to pull stats but the reality is you appear jaded. While I respect you see Thailand as a terrible unsafe place good luck in other countries. There are just as many idiot drivers, police beatings, excessive force in arrests, muggings, home invasions, car jackings etc in those places. In the US they do not even report them anymore because it just doesn't sell. Only mass murders or shootings make news.

The reality for all of us is that 20, 15 and even as short as 10 years ago we were not privy to all this information because Webcams, smart phones and social media wasn't in full swing like it is now. So the population is getting absolutely buried by it relentlessly and with this we end of with a very skewed view on things . One needs to step back and filter all this information. 

I want to be clear, violence is unacceptable and what these boys did and how the police appeared to have handled it is terrible.