THAI receives recertification of air operator’s certificate

webfact

THAI receives recertification of air operator’s certificate 

S__14245915.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Thai Airways International was recertified to the international safety standards of the International Civil Aviation Organization.

The recertification was announced yesterday by the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT) at a ceremony presided over by Transport Minister Arkhom Termpittayapaisit to present the air operator’s certificate (AOC) to THAI by the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand.

The dangerous or hazardous items transportation certificate of the ICAO was also presented to THAI.

The award made THAI the third of Thailand’s international airlines to receive its AOC recertification as part of CAAT’s recertification programme, in partnership with CAA International (CAAi), the advisory arm of the UK Civil Aviation Authority (UK CAA).

According to eTurboNews, Dr Chula Sukmanop, Director General of CAAT said, “Thai Airways has long been regarded as the national carrier.  The success today should have significant impact not only on the company itself but also the overall confidence of passengers who plan to visit Thailand with Thai carriers”.

CAAi was appointed by CAAT in 2016 to provide full-scale technical assistance and capacity building in the recertification of all Thai registered international airlines and to support CAAT ahead of its next ICAO audit.

Maria Rueda, Managing Director of CAAi said, “This is another major milestone for CAAT, the Thai aviation and tourism industry. Thai Airways is Thailand’s largest airline, serving 80 destinations in 37 countries. We are delighted to have assisted CAAT in recertifying its flag carrier to ICAO standards, and we remain fully committed to supporting CAAT as we enter the next phase of this significant project”.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/thai-receives-recertification-air-operators-certificate/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-05-09

57 minutes ago, 1337markus said:

He thinks a piece of paper will change the lack of customer service and prices????

I agree the service can be mediocre on occasions but as for the prices -- they've been offering Melbourne - Milan for less than $A1,000 recently, which is hardly expensive. I'm not likely to be going to Milan any time soon, so more realistically, when I travel Melbourne -Osaka-BKK- Melbourne the fare can still be better than some of the LCCs for the same route and the flights themselves and the service (connections, for example), are a whole lot better. 

1 hour ago, 1337markus said:

He thinks a piece of paper will change the lack of customer service and prices????

Thai Airways still can not plan any new routes to The US because of their xxxxxx maintenance record and pilot qualifications.

4 hours ago, 1337markus said:

I just flew to KL and back on Thai for less than 4900 baht..  Got my air miles, lounge privileges (I'm a frequent flyer) and extra baggage.  No complaints about the service.  Food was decent.   Nearly an Air Asia price but with a lot more bang for the baht.