In shock move, Trump fires FBI Director Comey

webfact

I guess you have health care. Your taxes will go down if you are rich but your quality of life will suffer with the regulations giving you clean air and water are discarded. You get what you pay for and you are paying for the F-35 boondoggle. Remember 2008 and what was left to clean up after.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

Yes we deserve what we voted for and all Americans will benefit from freedom to chose your own medical care, lower taxes, less regulation on business to promote a healthy economy and a strong military. 

MAGA!

Free to choose your own medical care just like you're free to choose your own yacht. And if you haven't got the money for that superyacht, you're free to buy a canoe with holes in it and find yourself up sh*t creek without a paddle.

For those who want to follow documented developments in the Trump/Russia saga, this a useful resource:

This resource page compiles information regarding President Donald Trump and associates’ alleged ties to Russia.

Developments are loosely divided into story arcs for readability but are otherwise organized by chronology. Efforts have been made to provide available primary source materials and the most definitive secondary source accounts. Dates for secondary source materials are noted in brackets wherever they differ from the dates of the events reported, and all dates that appear under multiple story arcs have been bolded.

https://lawfareblog.com/realnews-trump-et-laffaire-russe-resource-page

9 hours ago, sirineou said:

What is the objection to a special prosecutor ?

100% purely partisan politics.  The bulge in their pockets, near their a$$holes, is where their wallets are, is most important to Republicans.   All silly stuff, like the Constitution, Bill of Rights, 1st Amendment, top 0.01% owning 99% of assets, are for pussies (and not the type of pussies Trump likes to grab)

7 hours ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

Yes we deserve what we voted for and all Americans will benefit from freedom to chose your own medical care, lower taxes, less regulation on business to promote a healthy economy and a strong military. MAGA!

Are you tired of winning so much?  Have you written to the WH (can be emailed, I've done it.) to ask them to please stop winning so much?

Now that the US has voted in the incumbent, who is totally against reform and is totally against media investigation, in fact any investigation and sacks anyone who is investigating.... Well sorry, the US is now what the majority voted for. (plus some  electoral college system which was supposed to provide protection to the constitution) 
 You got what you voted for and as anyone knows, you deserve what you get. 

There is nothing stopping the media from investigating Trump. Unfortunately, they do nothing but provide cover for him.

The days of investigative journalism are over.

The "media" are mostly just kids regurgitating what comes in over the wire.

Why did President Trump fire FBI Director Comey? Not because of the actions Dir. Comey was taking; it was because of what wasn't...

http://nypost.com/2017/05/11/the-real-reason-trump-canned-jim-comey/

excerpt follows... please see the link to read the entire article

Under grilling last week, the director refused to say whether he had launched a probe into illegal leaks by the Obama team of highly classified intelligence intercepts of Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn and possibly other private US citizens working on the Trump transition.

“I don’t want to answer that,” Comey told Senate Judicary Committee Chairman Charles Grassley. The chairman described that reticence as odd given how the government “regularly acknowledges” when it’s investigating classified leaks.

On 5/10/2017 at 6:37 AM, darksidedog said:

So, not prosecuting Hilary is being cited as the reason. Bit late. We are six months down the track.

The fact that Comey was now in charge of allegations regarding Trump, and his team for possible Russian ties is just a coincidence?

Those allegations won't go away. The sacking of the man in charge of the investigation will undoubtedly raise suspicion it is being done to stymie that investigation.

I hope the investigation itself will continue, to determine the truth.

I'm American. First of all if crooked Hillary was elected the second thing she would of done was fire Comey,the first would of been putting her husband in charge of human resources lol. For Trump to fire Comey he needed his cabinet in place and that didn't happen until several weeks ago thanks to the defiant Dems.. Letting go of  Comey (the Obama crone)  was just a  brilliant deflection and diversion ,now he can focus on the bigger crooks like Obama,Clinton  and liberal federal court justices and some of the other  corrupted  Washington swamp by using his newly installed cabinet and Department of Justice officials.. MAGA. The investigating of the "no evidence so far" of collusion by the Trump campaign with  the Russian's will go on by the uninterrupted FBI intelligence gathering agency. 

1 hour ago, Ramen087 said:

Why did President Trump fire FBI Director Comey? Not because of the actions Dir. Comey was taking; it was because of what wasn't...

Under grilling last week, the director refused to say whether he had launched a probe into illegal leaks by the Obama team of highly classified intelligence intercepts of Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn and possibly other private US citizens working on the Trump transition.

“I don’t want to answer that,” Comey told Senate Judicary Committee Chairman Charles Grassley. The chairman described that reticence as odd given how the government “regularly acknowledges” when it’s investigating classified leaks.

This is, of course, untrue.  When Comey acknowledged there was an investigation of the Trump campaign - Russia connections, he did in only after he got the express permission of the Justice Department. It is in fact usual not to confirm or deny ongoing investigations including those of classified leaks.

This is, of course, untrue.  When Comey acknowledged there was an investigation of the Trump campaign - Russia connections, he did in only after he got the express permission of the Justice Department. It is in fact usual not to confirm or deny ongoing investigations including those of classified leaks.

Exactly

52 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Spot on, Don't forget when he was being  questioned by  Congressmen  Chavetz of Utah  last July about the Hillary email no charge of wrong doing...

"The Utah Republican then asked if the FBI had investigated whether Clinton perjured herself when addressing the server while testifying to Congress.

“Not to my knowledge. I don’t think there’s been a referral from Congress,” Comey responded.

“Do you need a referral from Congress to investigate her statements under oath?” Chaffetz asked.

“We sure do,” Comey shot back."Another Comey stone wall moment . 

7 minutes ago, riclag said:

Spot on, Don't forget when he was being  questioned by  Congressmen  Chavetz of Utah  last July about the Hillary email no charge of wrong doing...

"The Utah Republican then asked if the FBI had investigated whether Clinton perjured herself when addressing the server while testifying to Congress.

“Not to my knowledge. I don’t think there’s been a referral from Congress,” Comey responded.

“Do you need a referral from Congress to investigate her statements under oath?” Chaffetz asked.

“We sure do,” Comey shot back."Another Comey stone wall moment . 

What you failed to note is that after this exchange Chaffetz did make a referral to the FBI to investigate the perjury charges. And the FBI did investigate.  

4 hours ago, Thakkar said:

For those who want to follow documented developments in the Trump/Russia saga, this a useful resource:

This resource page compiles information regarding President Donald Trump and associates’ alleged ties to Russia.

Developments are loosely divided into story arcs for readability but are otherwise organized by chronology. Efforts have been made to provide available primary source materials and the most definitive secondary source accounts. Dates for secondary source materials are noted in brackets wherever they differ from the dates of the events reported, and all dates that appear under multiple story arcs have been bolded.

https://lawfareblog.com/realnews-trump-et-laffaire-russe-resource-page

After scrolling through a couple of months of this chronological gathering of events,I couldn't help but notice the  majority  of sources came from the Liberal Left MSM  ..Hardly a useful resource.

2 minutes ago, riclag said:

After scrolling through a couple of months of this chronological gathering of events,I couldn't help but notice the  majority  of sources came from the Liberal Left MSM  ..Hardly a useful resource.

That the best you got? :crazy:

My reaction to the typical and ridiculous reactionary source tripe you just posted is that the trumpist POV is not interested in facts or truth. That's why they flock to actual fake news sources like Infowars. The New York Times and the Washington Post are the GOLD STANDARD of American journalism. 

1 minute ago, ilostmypassword said:

What you failed to note is that after this exchange Chaffetz did make a referral to the FBI to investigate the perjury charges. And the FBI did investigate.  

The point I was trying to make was Comey had his own agenda.In this instance he purposely avoided this congressional purjury attemps by Clinton that led up to his astonishing comments of not taking a whole investigating of the truth.

2 minutes ago, riclag said:

The point I was trying to make was Comey had his own agenda.In this instance he purposely avoided this congressional purjury attemps by Clinton that led up to his astonishing comments of not taking a whole investigating of the truth.

What is attempted perjury? Is that like attempted murder? Someone tries to lie under oath but fails?

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

That the best you got? :crazy:

My reaction to the typical and ridiculous reactionary source tripe you just posted is that the trumpist POV is not interested in facts or truth. That's why they flock to actual fake news sources like Infowars. The New York Times and the Washington Post are the GOLD STANDARD of American journalism. 

There is no denying the fact that infoewars is similar in many ways as The Sun,The Mirror,Esquire and Huffington Post etc.which are ridiculous sources of tripe .The NYT and the WP are the Gold Standard of liberal bias.This is the type of rag I would read while sitting  on the throne.They are another arm of the opposition to stop "change" in my country.

14 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

What is attempted perjury? Is that like attempted murder? Someone tries to lie under oath but fails?

Sorry, we can omit the attempt. cheers 

Just now, riclag said:

There is no denying the fact that infoewars is similar in many ways as The Sun,The Mirror,Esquire and Huffington Post etc.which are ridiculous sources of tripe .The NYT and the WP are the Gold Standard of liberal bias.This is the type of rag I would read while sitting  on the throne.They are another arm of the opposition to stop "change" in my country.

What I particularly dislike about the WP and the NY Times is the way the cite sources so the reader can independently check out the validity of the articles.

And to be clear, Clinton was unequivocally exonerated.

32 minutes ago, riclag said:

That's because media such a Drudge, Breitbart and Fox have already determined—contrary to assertions made by major US, British and other intelligence agencies—that there's nothing to see there, hence little coverage by sources that Trump supporters trust.

49 minutes ago, riclag said:

24 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

What I particularly dislike about the WP and the NY Times is the way the cite sources so the reader can independently check out the validity of the articles.

What is driving Trump mad is that the WP/NYT/WSJ/CNBC/Bloomberg devote resources to follow-up and question both his spokespeople at the weekly sessions and in particular the content of the Trump tweets. Trump has not only failed to live with criticism but has shown that he sits there late at night, every night, in a constant miasma of rage at the impertinence of those who question what he says. Now it is down to veiled threats. Trump's supporters just have to double-down on the shoot the messenger trope. Good luck guys.

24 minutes ago, mogandave said:

And to be clear, Clinton was unequivocally exonerated.

Thank God the statue of limitation  has not expired my friend. Just recently the new deputy atty of the USA wrote" I cannot defend the Director's handling of the conclusion of the investigation of Secretary Clinton's emails, and I do not understand his refusal to accept the nearly universal judgment that he was mistaken. Almost everyone agrees that the Director made serious mistakes; it is one of the few issues that unites people of diverse perspectives". This reopening of investigation  of crooked Hillary will be a breath of fresh air.Drain that swamp!

1 minute ago, riclag said:

Thank God the statue of limitation  has not expired my friend. Just recently the new deputy atty of the USA wrote" I cannot defend the Director's handling of the conclusion of the investigation of Secretary Clinton's emails, and I do not understand his refusal to accept the nearly universal judgment that he was mistaken. Almost everyone agrees that the Director made serious mistakes; it is one of the few issues that unites people of diverse perspectives". This reopening of investigation  of crooked Hillary will be a breath of fresh air.Drain that swamp!

Nice try. The mistakes he explicitly condemned had nothing to do with his refusal to prosecute Hillary Clinton. One of the mistakes he cited was Comey's castigation of Hillary Clinton that accompanied his decision not to press for prosecution. That was a massive violation of FBI policy.

He also condemned Comey for making the decision not to prosecute instead of leaving it to the attorney general. This was because Loretta Lynch recused herself. At the time, the right wing was celebrating giving Comey the power to decide. When his decision didn't please them, then they got indignant.

3 hours ago, Ramen087 said:

Every White House has leaks.  Out of power opponents love the leaks, but once in power they hate them.

If Trump suspects the hold-overs from the Obama administration can't be trusted, he should do a better job of replacing them:  

"The nearly 2,000 current vacancies in the Trump administration mostly require no Senate confirmation. While Trump has only 14 new people confirmed by the Senate, other jobs requiring Senate approval are still being carried out by people left from the Obama administration, often serving on an interim basis."   http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/25/politics/donald-trump-cabinet-vacancies/ 

Of course doing this tedious detail work might interfere with the Mar-a-Lago golf weekends.

55 minutes ago, riclag said:

Another example of attacking the messenger because you didn't like the message.

Since you consider mainstream media to not be a useful resource, I assume you rely on fringe media sources, or are content to remain ignorant.  If it is the former, can you give us some examples?  If it is the latter, your opinion carries little weight.

7 minutes ago, riclag said:

Do you have a source for that quote, or did you memorize it verbatim but forgot where it came from?

16 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Nice try. The mistakes he explicitly condemned had nothing to do with his refusal to prosecute Hillary Clinton. One of the mistakes he cited was Comey's castigation of Hillary Clinton that accompanied his decision not to press for prosecution. That was a massive violation of FBI policy.

He also condemned Comey for making the decision not to prosecute instead of leaving it to the attorney general. This was because Loretta Lynch recused herself. At the time, the right wing was celebrating giving Comey the power to decide. When his decision didn't please them, then they got indignant.

Like I said, thank god the statue of limitations hasn't expired.There is a lot of wrong doing that should of been handle by a grand jury..Trump is very shewed.  Now he has the tools to use to bring justice  to the Washington  Swamp that have obstructed his path to change, for American's .

Archived