In shock move, Trump fires FBI Director Comey

webfact

30 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

True. Have you noticed that they always take over every thread about Trump and end up talking to themselves because no one other than the same few posters can be bothered to contribute any more.

I can't even remember how many threads I won't post on because it's just the same old Trump abuse repeated ad nauseam.

This thread is probably going to suffer the same fate.

The thing is, if you Trump supporters could just admit--even once--that your hero made a mistake, you'd have more respect.  But it seems like nothing the man does bothers you.  The conflicts of interest.  The lasting damage to our environment.  The efforts to help the rich and hurt the poor.  The lies, constant lies.  Etc., etc.  Even now, the grotesque abuse of power.  It's indefensible, yet... 

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, TonyClifton said:

Comey wouldn't have lasted a day with President Bush at the helm.  I would say Trump was being very Christian with his charity.

So, he was being charitable to Comey at the expense of the American justice system for almost 4 months? And that's your defense of Trump?

2 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Frankly, I would have thought that all Americans, no matter what their political allegiance, would want to know just how Russia influenced their democracy.

Anyone that doesn't is just putting partisan politics in front of their country. 

And that is exactly the point.  Please point to some proof.  

I'm waiting.

Still waiting.

Any proof whatsoever. 

I won't hold my breath.

Just now, ilostmypassword said:

So, he was being charitable to Comey at the expense of the American justice system for almost 4 months? And that's your defense of Trump?

Au Contraire, I'm not defending him at all.  He should have canned Comey on day one.  

4 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

The thing is, if you Trump supporters could just admit--even once--that your hero made a mistake, you'd have more respect.  But it seems like nothing the man does bothers you.  The conflicts of interest.  The lasting damage to our environment.  The efforts to help the rich and hurt the poor.  The lies, constant lies.  Etc., etc.  Even now, the grotesque abuse of power.  It's indefensible, yet... 

Praise from Caesar?  

No thank you.

1 minute ago, KarenBravo said:

Frankly, I would have thought that all Americans, no matter what their political allegiance, would want to know just how Russia influenced their democracy.

Anyone that doesn't is just putting partisan politics in front of their country. 

Sadly, partisan politics is all we have right now.  The only thing Republicans care about is staying in power.  Everything else--including "the good of the country"--is secondary. 

4 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

You have a very strange idea of facts.

When and where did Comey say Trump was not under investigation?

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2017/may/10/did-james-comey-tell-donald-trump-three-times-he-i/

What do you mean by this is not a criminal investigation? Is this based on the specious notion that because it's a foreign intelligence investigation it can't be a criminal investigation, too?  Are you saying that the FBI is not looking into possible criminal acts by people in the Trump campaign? How do you know this?

But if Comey wasn't fit to be AG, why the wait? Why dismiss him now just after he asked for additional resources to further investigation the Russian connection?  Obviously, Trump wanted an excuse. You have to be willfully blind to see otherwise.

And it isn't just Democrats who are unhappy with Trump's decision. So are some conservative Republican senators.

56 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Comey was never AG.

My slip up. But you still haven't provided any proof of your assertions. The difference between you and lots of other people on this thread being that they are willing to acknowledge errors and unproven assertions whereas you are not.

44 minutes ago, TonyClifton said:

You would be wise to pepper your #FAKENEWS with the word alleged.

I'll ask you the same question I asked thaibeachlover; what news source do you consider legitimate? 

Once again, fake news are the stories promoted by Trump and supporters, such as stories of millions of illegal voters and a child prostitution ring run by Clinton, that have no basis in fact.

Refusing to accept facts reported by established news organizations, and refusing to refute them, indicates you are living in a fantasy land.  It's not healthy.

1 minute ago, heybruce said:

I'll ask you the same question I asked thaibeachlover; what news source do you consider legitimate? 

Once again, fake news are the stories promoted by Trump and supporters, such as stories of millions of illegal voters and a child prostitution ring run by Clinton, that have no basis in fact.

Refusing to accept facts reported by established news organizations, and refusing to refute them, indicates you are living in a fantasy land.  It's not healthy.

http://www.drudgereport.com

http://www.infowars.com

http://www.michaelsavage.com

Shall I go on?

6 minutes ago, TonyClifton said:

And that is exactly the point.  Please point to some proof.  

I'm waiting.

Still waiting.

Any proof whatsoever. 

I won't hold my breath.

How about waiting for all the investigations to be completed. You know, the one that Trump keeps throwing obstacles in front of.

Or, how about the fact that 17 US security organizations have concluded that there was Russian interference. This evidence was shown to both House and Senate intelligence committees.

You seem very ignorant of recent past events.

Just now, KarenBravo said:

How about waiting for all the investigations to be completed. You know, the one that Trump keeps throwing obstacles in front of.

Or, how about the fact that 17 US security organizations have concluded that there was Russian interference. This evidence was shown to both House and Senate intelligence committees.

You seem very ignorant of recent past events.

A conclusion should be based on observable and verifiable fact.  

I'll wait for some evidence.  Show me.

I'm waiting.

Still waiting.

16 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Would that be the Dems that have stuffed up every state and city that they run?

How's Chicago doing these days?

How's Republican led Kansas doing these days?

http://www.kansascity.com/news/politics-government/article131845749.html

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2016-10-18/why-tax-cuts-worked-for-russia-but-not-kansas

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-kansas-hard-times-snap-20161121-story.html

1 minute ago, TonyClifton said:

I'm waiting.

Still waiting.

The fact that Russia interfered in elections is not in dispute, neither with Republicans, or Democrats. Just you.

4 minutes ago, TonyClifton said:

Should you go on listing fake news sites?  Sure, why not?  I find your reliance on infowars especially amusing.  You truly do live in a fantasy world.

While you're at it, how about giving examples of legitimate news sources reporting fake news?

2 minutes ago, TonyClifton said:

I'm waiting.

Still waiting.

Once again there comes to mind that old joke about the guy who gets convicted of killing his parents and then throws himself on the mercy of the court because he's an orphan. Trump is in the act of killing the investigation and then asserts there is no evidence.   

1 minute ago, KarenBravo said:

The fact that Russia interfered in elections is not in dispute, neither with Republicans, or Democrats. Just you.

Then you should have no trouble providing some evidence.

Why are you having trouble?

22 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

I can understand why people supported Trump for President, I really can, but, to continue that support now, after all the provable lies he's told and all the firings because of the Russian investigation that were purely for political reasons, is just inexplicable.

There lack of any evidence of conviction or political belief to his policies and decision making process has to make one wonder what his supporters are thinking. There hasn't been a single campaign promise or policy made that he hasn't reversed at least once. The only real policy that has remained constant since he took office is that of his families financial gains.

It'd be interesting to hear what his die hard suppprters are seeing to that keep them loyal to such an obvious con man.

Just now, heybruce said:

Should you go on listing fake news sites?  Sure, why not?  I find your reliance on infowars especially amusing.  You truly do live in a fantasy world.

While you're at it, how about giving examples of legitimate news sources reporting fake news?

Be very careful what you wish for.  I'm going swimming.  When I am done I will address the intelligence community and how they control the news.

I'll start a new thread.  It will be about one man.

Abdul Rahman Ali Alharbi

Now go on now and Google that name.  See what you can find.  

Later I will blow your mind with evidence you cannot refute.  But in the meantime, see what you can find about him and in which publications.

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Do you have anything that isn't fake news to support that? Link please.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/10/21/17-intelligence-agencies-russia-behind-hacking/92514592/

Your request for verification is particularly laughable coming from you since you failed to do so in this thread.

1 minute ago, TonyClifton said:

Be very careful what you wish for.  I'm going swimming.  When I am done I will address the intelligence community and how they control the news.

I'll start a new thread.  It will be about one man.

Abdul Rahman Ali Alharbi

Now go on now and Google that name.  See what you can find.  

Later I will blow your mind with evidence you cannot refute.  But in the meantime, see what you can find about him and in which publications.

Don't forget to tell the lizard people that live in the sewers and to wear your tin-foil hat........

Archived