In shock move, Trump fires FBI Director Comey

webfact

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Try not using fake news. Sessions wasn't the guy that wrote the letter to Trump.

Now as we are discussing FAKE news, then you need to quit. Watch the revelations come out on Thursday (US time) that in fact Trump called Sessions and Rosenstein in to the oval office and asked them to draft a memo of reasons they would sack Comey. Both went off and did the task for their boss. Trump then used those documents  to fire Comey, saying this was all Rosenstein's idea.  LMAO.. Rosenstein has threatened to quit as he was NEVER the one that instigated this and he is it seems furious about what Trump and his staff have done in communicating him as the person that recommended this process.

Trump is a liar. If you all want to defend him then take a look at yourselves in the mirror. If you present your arguments on here as some sort of perverse way of getting your kicks because you think it is funny then ........take a look at yourselves in the mirror. Either way, Trump is a disgrace and not many more straws can be piled on the camels back before it breaks. Trump and his family and associates are all going to exit this circus as dramatically as they came in and they will leave an America that is not 'Great again" but an America that is divided and a loser in intellectual political games played by the Russians.

I find it shocking what Trump has done to America and shocking that people who would consider themselves patriots support him.

1 minute ago, TonyClifton said:

You should be aware, that those on the left do not care one whit about #TRUEFACTS. They're only retort is the adult's version of "nah, nah, nah, nah, nah" and "see I told you so."  Here on Thaivisa, there seems to be a full-court press of the shrill ones doing what they do best.

True. Have you noticed that they always take over every thread about Trump and end up talking to themselves because no one other than the same few posters can be bothered to contribute any more.

I can't even remember how many threads I won't post on because it's just the same old Trump abuse repeated ad nauseam.

This thread is probably going to suffer the same fate.

11 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Comey was never AG.

I think you know what ilostmypassword meant, it was clear in the context of the paragraph,  or was the mental challenge of figuring it out too much for you?

Just now, Andaman Al said:

Either way, Trump is a disgrace and not many more straws can be piled on the camels back before it breaks. Trump and his family and associates are all going to exit this circus as dramatically as they came in and they will leave an America that is not 'Great again" but an America that is divided and a loser in intellectual political games played by the Russians.

I find it shocking what Trump has done to America and shocking that people who would consider themselves patriots support him.

:violin:

10 minutes ago, TonyClifton said:

You should be aware, that those on the left do not care one whit about #TRUEFACTS. They're only retort is the adult's version of "nah, nah, nah, nah, nah" and "see I told you so."  Here on Thaivisa, there seems to be a full-court press of the shrill ones doing what they do best.

are you going to use the 'N' word again?

54 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Try not using fake news. Sessions wasn't the guy that wrote the letter to Trump.

Try getting your head out of the sand.

And stop spreading disinformation.

Trump fires FBI Director Comey, setting off U.S. political storm

"The president told Comey in the letter that he accepted the recommendation of Attorney General Jeff Sessions that he could no longer provide effective leadership."

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-comey-idUSKBN1852MV

JEFF SESSIONS’S ROLE IN JAMES COMEY’S FIRING

"As a senator, Sessions had called for a special prosecutor when it was politically expedient to do so." 

"And, as the Attorney General, he composed a cover letter for another letter that his deputy, Rod Rosenstein, had written, cataloguing Comey’s wrongs; Sessions had then recommended a change of leadership at the Bureau."

http://www.newyorker.com/news/amy-davidson/jeff-sessionss-role-in-james-comeys-firing

Try informing yourself.

By the way, see post #191

11 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

True. Have you noticed that they always take over every thread about Trump and end up talking to themselves because no one other than the same few posters can be bothered to contribute any more.

I can't even remember how many threads I won't post on because it's just the same old Trump abuse repeated ad nauseam.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

14 minutes ago, Rob13 said:

His ratings dropped further today in the wake of Comey's firing. He's losing his supporters.

That was inevitable. I reckon when people learned what's really in trump's health "care" plan the wave of defections began. There will always be a hard core base of trump loyalists though that will support him no matter what. 

We see examples of that posting here daily. 

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

That was inevitable. I reckon when people learned what's really in trump's health "care" plan the wave of defections began. There will always be a hard core base of trump loyalists though that will support him no matter what. 

We see examples of that posting here daily. 

Image result for stupid looking people Keep on flapping them gums.  Some of us find it amusing.

1 minute ago, TonyClifton said:

Image result for stupid looking people Keep on flapping them gums.  Some of us find it amusing.

A good example of the intellectual level many trumpist loyalists are at now. You really can't argue pro trump with logic or truth.

When does the impeachment start? 

16 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

+ 1

4 minutes ago, TonyClifton said:

I don't know, but please promise me you will hold your breath.Image result for stupid looking people holding breath

I won't because republicans are putting party (and POWER) before country, so the realistic hope is for the democrats to take over the house in 2018.

On 5/10/2017 at 7:52 AM, iReason said:

Sudden Firing of Comey Brings Back Memories of Nixon’s ‘Saturday Night Massacre’

"Among people of a certain age, the sudden and strangely explained firing of FBI director James Comey by President Donald Trump brings back memories of another sudden action that portended more trouble for the president than the objects of his wrath."

"That would have been the Saturday Night Massacre of October 1973, when Richard Nixon ordered his Attorney General — and when he refused, his Deputy Attorney General, who also refused — to fire Watergate special prosecutor Archibald Cox."

<snip>

Updated Nixon quote:

"I am not a crook (when compared to Trump)"

I can understand why people supported Trump for President, I really can, but, to continue that support now, after all the provable lies he's told and all the firings because of the Russian investigation that were purely for political reasons, is just inexplicable.

Removing Comey.

How convenient.

The Nightmare Scenario: Trump Fires Comey, the One Man Who Would Stand Up to Him

Make no mistake: The firing of James Comey as FBI director is a stunning event. It is a profoundly dangerous thing—a move that puts the Trump-Russia investigation in immediate jeopardy and removes from the investigative hierarchy the one senior official whom President Trump did not appoint and one who is known to stand up to power. One of the biggest dangers of Comey’s firing is that Trump might actually get away with it, ironically, because of Comey’s unpopularity among Democrats and on the political left.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/nightmare-scenario-trump-fires-comey-one-man-who-would-stand-him

7 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

I can understand why people supported Trump for President, I really can, but, to continue that support now, after all the provable lies he's told and all the firings because of the Russian investigation that were purely for political reasons, is just inexplicable.

Hmmmmm. The only provable "lie" he's told that I know of was that he had the most people at his inauguration.

As for the rest, it's just politics and all politicians lie. It's to be expected.

If people want a better president, they should have voted for Bernie.

Political appointees serve at the pleasure of the president. The only thing Trump did wrong was trying to justify it.

If the American people don't like the system they can change it.

43 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The president told Comey in a brief letter that he could not “effectively lead” the bureau and called for “new leadership that restores public trust and confidence” in law enforcement.

White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer said the president’s decision was based on “the clear recommendations” of Attorney General Jeff Sessions and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/09/trump-fires-fbi-director-coney.html

And yes, Comey did write a letter recommending that Trump fire Comey.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/05/jeff_sessions_recommended_trum.html

Frankly, I would have thought that all Americans, no matter what their political allegiance, would want to know just how Russia influenced their democracy.

Anyone that doesn't is just putting partisan politics in front of their country. 

Archived