In shock move, Trump fires FBI Director Comey

webfact

FBI agent groups dispute Trump's rationale for Comey firing

'His support within the rank and file of the FBI is overwhelming.' (sub-title)

"In interviews with POLITICO, the heads of the two associations representing current and retired FBI agents, analysts and other personnel said that by all available measures, Comey enjoys enormous support among the 35,000 people who work for him, and the many thousands of others who have retired or left the bureau."

"The FBI Agents Association, which O’Connor said has 13,000 members, issued a statement Tuesday night urging caution in the naming of a new FBI director given the job’s importance, and praising Comey for his “service, leadership, and support for Special Agents during his tenure.”

“He understood the centrality of the Agent to the Bureau's mission, recognizing that Agents put their lives on the line every day,” the statement said."

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/10/comey-firing-fbi-trump-238247

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. I said many times before the election that Trump was a terrible candidate, and preferred Bernie to win, but the only good guy in the race was stabbed in the back by the DNC, and the only Dem. candidate was way worse than Trump. Till the USA sorts out the awful system by which they elect presidents it's going to continue.

I still think Trump was a terrible choice, but support him because the alternative would have been so much worse. She is such a loser that she thinks she was winning till the Russians interfered. Of course, in her mind, she had nothing to do with being such a horrible candidate that most of the country rejected her:shock1:.

I'll say it for you, Trump is a walking talking mistake, but I'm sooooooooo glad he got elected instead of her.

BTW, he's no hero of mine, just the lesser of two evils.

The election is over, we're talking about Trump as President.  And seeing what Trump has done, there's simply no way anyone else could have been worse than Trump.   

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Link to where I defend his policies that will hurt the working and middle class please.

I don't need to defend him- he's a big boy and can look after himself. I do support him though, as the better of two very bad choices.

What does that mean that you support him as the better of 2 very bad choices.  The election is over. You don't have to support him anymore. You can now denounce him since he is by your own characterization a very bad choice.

So you weren't defending his health care bill, his supreme court appointments, and his tax bill?

Edited by ilostmypassword

7 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Because all US politicians from both sides of the aisle believe it.

Also, as I've said before, 17 US security agencies came out with a statement saying that Russia interfered. The question is to what extent.

Do you think these 17 agencies lied?

Are you referring to the security agencies that may have been illegally spying on political opponents of Obama?

Some agencies may be politically tainted, so it is possible that some are lying.

Please provide a link to a reputable source to prove that 17 agencies agree with your premise. Anyone can make statements like that, but it doesn't prove anything.

Have you a link to prove that ALL politicians believe it? Sounds like fake news to me.

GOP campaign arm raises money off possible Trump impeachment

"On the day after President Donald Trump fired FBI Director Jim Comey, the House Republican campaign arm released a fundraising appeal raising the specter of a Democratic-led impeachment."

“Calls For Impeachment Grow Louder,” reads the subject line of the email appeal, which was sent by the National Republican Congressional Committee."

“BREAKING,” blares the top of the email. “House Democrats call for President Trump’s impeachment. We MUST protect our president. DEFEND THE PRESIDENT.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/10/trump-impeachment-comey-firing-238236

Pathetic desperation.

Even the GOP sees the writing on the wall... :thumbsup:

This clown of a president is the albatross of the GOP and those reactionaries are going down with him.

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Are you referring to the security agencies that may have been illegally spying on political opponents of Obama?

Some agencies may be politically tainted, so it is possible that some are lying.

Please provide a link to a reputable source to prove that 17 agencies agree with your premise. Anyone can make statements like that, but it doesn't prove anything.

Have you a link to prove that ALL politicians believe it? Sounds like fake news to me.

Strewth!

Please prove that any agency spied on Obama's opponents.

The FBI checked on this subject and concluded that nothing happened.

As for the source regarding the 17 agencies, Google it yourself and pick a news source you like. There are dozens of them.

How about providing a link to show that the Russians DIDN'T interfere with the election........just one will do.

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

"may have been illegally spying"?  Please provide a link to a reputable source to prove that vague claim.

3 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

What does that mean that you support him as the better of 2 very bad choices.  The election is over. You don't have to support him anymore. You can now denounce him since he is by your own characterization a very bad choice.

So you weren't defending his health care bill, his supreme court appointments, and his tax bill?

I like the health care bill as anything would be better than the Obamacare travesty, I like his SCOTUS pick ( I hope he gets to do it again ) and I like the idea of lower taxes. Why would I denounce him for any of those?

I will denounce him when he actually does something I disagree with. So far I agree with most things and I'm not going to get into the weeds with the one thing I don't support him on as I don't go on those threads anymore.

I'm not going to start spouting nonsense just because he was a bad choice to start with. I think the US got the president they deserve.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/10/21/17-intelligence-agencies-russia-behind-hacking/92514592/

http://time.com/4625301/cia-russia-wikileaks-dnc-hacking/

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/12/it-took-fox-news-three-months-to-acknowledge-the-russians-hacked-the-election-but-they-finally-did/

As for the assertion that all politicians believe it, I never said it and obviously that isn't going to be true. 

Now what about you answering for all the unsupported and/or false assertions you made in this thread? I notice you just ignore it when you're caught out.

Just now, heybruce said:

"may have been illegally spying"?  Please provide a link to a reputable source to prove that vague claim.

Plenty of it on a certain tv station, but no point in using that as the mob will just attack the station instead of the message.

By using the words "may have" I don't have to prove anything to you.

31 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Please provide a link to a reputable source to prove that 17 agencies agree with your premise.

Sheesh... you are so woefully uninformed (and lazy, given the fact that you have access to the internet.)

it's like shooting fish in a barrel.

Intelligence Chiefs 'Stand More Resolutely' Behind Finding Of Russia Election Hacking

"Director of National Intelligence James Clapper affirmed an Oct. 7 joint statement from 17 intelligence agencies that the Russian government directed the election interference — and went further".

"We stand more resolutely on that statement," Clapper said during a Senate Armed Services hearing with the intelligence chiefs into the politically charged issue."

http://www.npr.org/2017/01/05/508355408/intelligence-chiefs-stand-more-resolutely-behind-finding-of-russia-election-hack

Edited by iReason

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I like the health care bill as anything would be better than the Obamacare travesty, I like his SCOTUS pick ( I hope he gets to do it again ) and I like the idea of lower taxes. Why would I denounce him for any of those?

I will denounce him when he actually does something I disagree with. So far I agree with most things and I'm not going to get into the weeds with the one thing I don't support him on as I don't go on those threads anymore.

I'm not going to start spouting nonsense just because he was a bad choice to start with. I think the US got the president they deserve.

You mean slashing Medicaid, in violation of his campaign promise, is a good thing? And his lying about it now is another? That people with pre-existing conditions could be subject to huge premium increases?  What specifically do you like about his program. This huge generalization about anything being better than Obamacare is a convenient way to mask one's ignorance about the subject.

And you like him for slashing taxes disproportionately for the wealthy? 

And you like his Scotus pick who consistently sides with corporations against workers?

But if you do really support these proposals and the appointment, e, then why did you just say you support him as the best of 2 bad choices? Why not just be honest and admit you support him and his programs?

ANd you still refuse to be accountable for the false and/or unsupported things you post but expect others to account for theirs.

Edited by ilostmypassword

2 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/10/21/17-intelligence-agencies-russia-behind-hacking/92514592/

http://time.com/4625301/cia-russia-wikileaks-dnc-hacking/

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/12/it-took-fox-news-three-months-to-acknowledge-the-russians-hacked-the-election-but-they-finally-did/

As for the assertion that all politicians believe it, I never said it and obviously that isn't going to be true. 

Now what about you answering for all the unsupported and/or false assertions you made in this thread? I notice you just ignore it when you're caught out.

Who said that you said all politicians believe it? Wasn't me. I was responding to someone else.

I always qualify my assertions so I don't have to prove them, as they are my opinions. Waste of time proving anything on here as the mob will just disbelieve anything that doesn't support their beliefs.

I'm also not going to waste time answering all the attacks on me. People can either believe what I say or not. Up to them. This will all be forgotten in a day.

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Who said that you said all politicians believe it? Wasn't me. I was responding to someone else.

I always qualify my assertions so I don't have to prove them, as they are my opinions. Waste of time proving anything on here as the mob will just disbelieve anything that doesn't support their beliefs.

I'm also not going to waste time answering all the attacks on me. People can either believe what I say or not. Up to them. This will all be forgotten in a day.

But then why do you ask others for proof? Hypocrite much?

2 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

You mean slashing Medicaid, in violation of his campaign promise, is a good thing? And his lying about it now is another? That people with pre-existing conditions could be subject to huge premium increases?  What specifically do you like about his program. This huge generalization about anything being better than Obamacare is a convenient way to mask one's ignorance about the subject.

And you like him for slashing taxes disproportionately for the wealthy? 

And you like his Scotus pick who consistently sides with corporations against workers?

But if you do really support these proposals and the appointment, e, then why did you just say you support him as the best of 2 bad choices? Why not just be honest and admit you support him and his programs?

ANd you still refuse to be accountable for the false and/or unsupported things you post but expect others to account for theirs.

You are really trying to pick a fight, but I'm not going to bite.

I have to assume you actually do know that the bill from the house won't be passed as is and will be modified in the senate, so what are you arguing about? Just making a start on getting rid of the Obama fiasco is a good beginning.

I don't "like" him for anything, but he hasn't done much yet that I have to complain about. I do wish he'd build the wall though.

I do prefer a SCOTUS that stands against the PC liberals that are destroying western civilization. All civilizations fall from within, and it's time to stop the rot.

11 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

But then why do you ask others for proof? Hypocrite much?

I'm not going to get drawn into a bickerfest, so this will be my last such response.

Do you understand the difference between stating a fact without any evidence to support it, and giving an opinion?

Flame/troll style post and response removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm not going to get drawn into a bickerfest, so this will be my last such response.

Do you understand the difference between stating a fact without any evidence to support it, and giving an opinion?

So is this an opinion or a "fact without any evidence to support it??

"Comey said Trump was not under investigation."

14 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

No.

How does one "state a fact" without any evidence" ?

The statement makes no sense.

At all.

American democracy under direct threat of our very president.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/10/opinions/weakness-american-democracy-opinion-maltby/index.html

"For those of us who split our lives between America and Europe, the series of scandals now emanating from the Trump White House will prove the true test of whether American checks and balances are all they promise. Our European friends are doubtful. No nation is exempt from the risk of an authoritarian coup. The clear feeling in Europe today is that America is, as Sen. Brian Schatz recently tweeted, "in a full-fledged constitutional crisis.""

This puts some excellent perspective on the matter. From the NYT, full letter linked below.

An Open Letter to the
Deputy Attorney General

Dear Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein:

It’s rare that any single person has to bear as much responsibility for safeguarding American democracy as you find yourself carrying now. Even before President Trump’s shocking decision on Tuesday to fire the F.B.I. director, James Comey, a dark cloud of suspicion surrounded this president, and the very integrity of the electoral process that put him in office. At this fraught moment you find yourself, improbably, to be the person with the most authority to dispel that cloud and restore Americans’ confidence in their government. We sympathize; that’s a lot of pressure.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/11/opinion/deputy-attorney-general-open-letter.html

Edited by Andaman Al

On 5/10/2017 at 8:07 AM, tonray said:

The problem is not Trump, the problem is a system of checks and balances that have stopped working.The Congress, controlled by the right is unified in implementing their agenda that they have ranted about for 8 years. Even though I suspect that most in Congress despise Trump, derailing him now means wasting 2 years of a Republican administration and forcing great embarrassment to all. They will continue to look the other way when in reality they have stopped performing their oversight function and are just stalling until they can pass as much of their stuff as they want.

My suspicion is Trump will survive 4 years and depending on how effective they are in getting legislation implemented, perhaps another 4 because the DEMS have no answer to Congressional districting or Fox News and Breitbart brainwashing.

The system has failed America and we are no longer operating as the founders intended. I am very sad today.

Cheer up. Hillary would have done the same thing. 

Only about 2-3 mins and the ending is priceless.

More seriously, we are now at the stage where a senior Russian Diplomat, in front of the US Secretary of State, openly and unabashedly takes the piss out of the US in a way that all US forefathers would now wonder why they fought wars and what they sacrificed their lives for. Russia OWNS the USA -  Thanks to Trump.

Edited by Andaman Al

3 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

Strewth!

Please prove that any agency spied on Obama's opponents.

The FBI checked on this subject and concluded that nothing happened.

As for the source regarding the 17 agencies, Google it yourself and pick a news source you like. There are dozens of them.

How about providing a link to show that the Russians DIDN'T interfere with the election........just one will do.

I realize that people have short memories, but it has already been admitted by former Obama intelligence staffer.  

However, it may be too long for many of you, as I know you prefer your facts to be in little bite-sized pieces, however:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-surveillance-idUSKBN16T2GQ

You'll find the answer to your question in that Reuters article.  

Trump has now fired 3 high-profile federal officials who were investigating him and his associates

"President Donald Trump has now fired three people who were investigating him or his associates since taking office in January: FBI Director James Comey, former Acting Attorney General Sally Yates, and former US Attorney Preet Bharara."

"All three officials were pursuing separate but related inquiries into Russia’s interference in the 2016 election, and whether the Trump campaign had anything to do with it."

"While Bharara was not explicitly involved in examining Russia’s election interference, he had been investigating corrupt Russian businessmen accused of laundering money in New York real estate."

http://www.businessinsider.my/trump-fired-three-people-who-were-investigating-him-2017-5/#y29f7GdTO2kDrlj7.97

Edited by iReason

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Would that be the Dems that have stuffed up every state and city that they run?

How's Chicago doing these days?

Philadelphia

Lost Angeles

San Fransicko

Baltimore

Washington DC

New York

Boston

Miami

and the list goes on. 

I think a low information ThaiVisa Denizen found some small town city run by Republicans that wasn't doing well, ignoring all the major cities in America all going to crap.

Sad.