Polluted Moat Concerns Citizens

webfact

Polluted Moat Concerns Citizens

by CityNews

S__1786044-1201x900.jpg

CityNews – Images of an algae filled moat with dead fish have been circulating online resulting in calls on authorities to do more to maintain the city’s moat.

Images of the moat water from Katam corner to Ku Huang corner show very dirty water, infested with green algae and dead fish.

The dirty moat comes less than one month after the alledged ‘cleaning’ of the moat water for Songkran, which has resulted in netizens expressing concern that the water was not as clean as authorities suggested and that it is an eyesore for Chiang Mai given the high number of tourists passing through. According to local reporters, the water is also giving off a bad smell.

Full story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/polluted-moat-concerns-citizens/

Authorities have began investigating the water and claim the hot weather has resulted in the latest algae bloom which reduced oxygen in the water that can threaten the life of fish and other aquatic animals.

changmainews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Chiang City News 2017-05-10

Pump compressed air into it then!!! The solution is too easy so they have to spend effort finding excuses instead. 

The moats and central lake of Roi et have diffuser mats that seem to be doing the job, and it's hotter in Isaan than up there in the hills. 

2 hours ago, cmsally said:

I was in the bank this afternoon and saw 2 water wheel looking things on backs of lorries heading for the moat !!

yep can confirm ONE is up and running like a paddle wheel at southeast corner

spotted today in effect on my daily excursions....lets see what happen next...:sleepy:

yep can confirm BOTH of the paddlewheel thingys are parked in the water at SE corner

at least looks like it doing something....after all its all about IMAGE and FACE here....

waiting for the chinese to swim out to them to get a selfie.....:wai:

1 hour ago, ChakaKhan said:

yep can confirm BOTH of the paddlewheel thingys are parked in the water at SE corner

at least looks like it doing something....after all its all about IMAGE and FACE here....

waiting for the chinese to swim out to them to get a selfie.....:wai:

Confirmed contract with Disney for new feature attraction. One boat goes clockwise, the other goes counter-clockwise. Keeps tourist traffic off the street. I for one salute our new Disney overlords.

It's hard enough maintaining a swimming pool and that has filters, vacuums and a raft of chemicals when needed.

I'm not even sure how you would keep something like a giant, stagnant, non flowing, dirt bottomed moat clean.

Lot's of experts on TF seem  to have it figured though.

My pool still goes green now and again.