District chief moved as investigations into corruption continue in Petchabun

webfact

District chief moved as investigations into corruption continue in Petchabun

PETCHABUN, 11 May 2017 (NNT) – Suspicions of rampant corruption amongst sub-district administrations in Petchabun province have led to the district chief of Nong Phai being transferred out of the area as the Office of the Auditor General performs an investigation. 

Director of the Department of Local Administration Pol Col Athit Boonyasophat has personally traveled to Petchabun to inspect suspicions of corruption totaling an estimated 5 million baht per sub-district office. He has already ordered that Nong Phai district chief Jaras Srimoon be moved into the Local Administration Department headquarters effective April 24 onward while investigations take place. 

Petchabun provincial authorities have already setup a fact-finding commission, which is in the process of collecting information and drafting a report for the Ministry of Interior. Officials have affirmed any wrong doing will be dealt with according to law. 

The provincial authorities have thanked the Public Sector Anti-Corruption Commission for its help in uncovering the graft.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-05-11

maybe one day they will actually charge these people with fraud/corruption and lock them up as well as seize all their assets to reimburse the govt for what they have stolen but I doubt it, would remove too many from people office, not many govt offices that are not involved in some sort of deals

12 minutes ago, seajae said:

maybe one day they will actually charge these people with fraud/corruption and lock them up as well as seize all their assets to reimburse the govt for what they have stolen but I doubt it, would remove too many from people office, not many govt offices that are not involved in some sort of deals

It's criminals investigating criminals. The ironic thing is that they actually have empathy for each other.

They don't get moved for being corrupt - they get moved for being caught. 

Corruption is rife,it's in every facet of daily life, from a few Thb

to multi millions, whenever a project is bid on,in fact anything 

where money is involved and the public sector there will be some

corruption, just think how much better Thailand could be,without it.

regards worgeordie

11 hours ago, rkidlad said:

It's criminals investigating criminals. The ironic thing is that they actually have empathy for each other.

They don't get moved for being corrupt - they get moved for being caught. 

What  irony? Apart  from the obvious suspicions  attached  to the  relocation pending  conclusions  of  the  investigation are we  to  ever  know about a  compelled  retirement  or conviction?

The  loss  of  face  in the  relocation alone is significant  in Thai  culture.

When I read the caption, for a sec I thought that district chief was emotionally moved by the horrors happening on his turf, but hey, fat chance...

PS: But wait, wait: I'm not at all sure, but wasn't the district chief actively involved in pointing a finger at the dirty scumbags abusing those teenage girls? I really hope it is not the same one, being punished already for having transgressed the 'omerta' rule surrounding all, the lot of, dirty stuff 'officials' are (ir-!)responsible for... Please let me know.  

They have a way with words here, one minute its corruption the next graft (which it aint), just pain thieves in my eyes. We need a Robin Hood, you know that guy in green. Umm maybe not on second thoughts as green likes green (or brown) and thats why there is so much crap going on.