Ranariddh off to North Korea

geovalin

Prince Norodom Ranariddh has pledged to help ease rising tensions on the Korean peninsula when he visits the North in July. The Funcinpec Party president said he would address the North’s growing nuclear ambitions with leader Kim Jong-un, if China’s efforts to resolve the situation are unsuccessful.

Prince Ranariddh said he and a group of party delegates hoped their visit would strengthen ties with the ruling Workers’ Party at a time when the North’s increasing missile tests have been fuelling fears of a possible military conflict. “Let China mediate before we say anything,” Prince Ranariddh told reporters outside the Royal Palace.

“If China fails to make any progress, then I am a close friend of the North Korean leader and I will say something to make sure that nuclear war does not break out.” The Funcinpec president said war on the Korean peninsula would spell disaster for the region and must be avoided at all costs.

read more http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/38296/ranariddh--off-to-north-korea/

khmer_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khmer Times 12/05

3 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

I hope and pray he is successful with this effort.

It (his effort) ain't going to happen.

The little fatboy bully will probably be thinking "Who is he? Where does he come from".

17 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

Who is the idiot?

Do you mean who is the idiot who believes he is a close friend of fat boy, and a word from him will stop the present, possible crisis.

Or do you mea who was the original idiot who proclaimed '

"peace in our time"

this is not a multiple choice question. Take a wild guess.

Edited by Khon Kaen Dave
misspelling

51 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

Do you mean who is the idiot who believes he is a close friend of fat boy, and a word from him will stop the present, possible crisis.

Or do you mea who was the original idiot who proclaimed '

"peace in our time"

this is not a multiple choice question. Take a wild guess.to me

As you were quoting me,  it was confusing as to whom you meant as an idiot.

Obviously not me. Got it.

My quote was a satire on Thai officials whose contribution to North Korea conflict might be to run to a safe zone like South Africa rather than travel to within any North Korean strike zones.

9 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

As you were quoting me,  it was confusing as to whom you meant as an idiot.

Obviously not me. Got it.

My quote was a satire on Thai officials whose contribution to North Korea conflict might be to run to a safe zone like South Africa rather than travel to within any North Korean strike zones.

Ok, glad we got that cleared up. i would never call someone an idiot without cause. I was referring to 'Neville Chamberlain' a politician of high standing , who went to Germany, to meet with Adolph Hitler. He returned saying that the UK was not Hitlers natural enemy and therefore had no interest in a conflict with us. Chamberlain Walked of the plane waving a piece and proclaiming, "peace in out time" Soon after, Germany invaded Poland which drew The UK into declaring war On Germany.The rest is a very bloody history.