Certificate Of Residence from Bangkok Immigration

I need a Certificate of Residence from immigration in Bangkok for me and my wife. I got the form on the immigration website but no other info. There is lots of info on different websites but not applicable for my situation of contradicting information.

My situation: Both my wife and I have non-O visa/extension of stay. I own a condo in Bangkok (as per Chanote) and have lived there for many years but do not have blue (or yellow book). My (non Thai wife) is not a co-owner and is not mentioned on the chanote. I guess that makes me her landlord?

My question:

-

ARe you doing 90 day reports to Chaeng Wattana immigration?

The will send the certificate to you by EMS in about 3 weeks. The fee will be 200 baht that includes sending it to you by EMS.

If you are getting your extensions a Chaeng Wattana they will not ask for any proof of residence to do the certificate.

2 minutes ago, bkkdriller said:

Yes, We both do the 90 day reporting at Chaeng Wattana immigration via registered mail or online (if it works :-)). Also extension of stay are done in CW.

You will have no problem getting the certificates there.

1 hour ago, Rayinbkk said:

I was under the impression that they only provide these for the purposes of applying for a driving licence or buying/selling a vehicle.

They are not interested in why you need the certificate and yes it costs B200. They tell you it will take 3 weeks.

• Like 1

I don't think the OP said why he needed a certificate of residence.  They are quite easy to obtain (500 baht, not 200) at the immigration office.  You are asked what the purpose is, purchasing a car or motorbike and others.  I have had them for purchase, required by my  pension company and income/tax submission needed by the US.  Even though I'm British, the US still requires this information from everyone.

Immigration need a Tabien Baan or Rental Agreement, passport and photos.  Never taken me more than half an hour.

15 hours ago, Rayinbkk said:

I was under the impression that they only provide these for the purposes of applying for a driving licence or buying/selling a vehicle.

I was told the same thing by immigration officials at the office in the Government Center located off Hwy 104. I asked for one for a driver license, a motorcycle license and bank. They told me it was not issued for bank. But they issued one for a license & one for motorcycle ฿200 each. I was directed to the same que for visa extensions not for my 90 day check in. I received mine in the mail in about a week.  

It seems the officials are always helpful when I show up dressed appropriately (long pants and button up shirt). The only time I had problems or received attitude was when I overstayed due to holiday and I wore shorts and t-shirt. 

10 hours ago, Grumpy Duck said:

I was told the same thing by immigration officials at the office in the Government Center located off Hwy 104. I asked for one for a driver license, a motorcycle license and bank. They told me it was not issued for bank. But they issued one for a license & one for motorcycle ฿200 each. I was directed to the same que for visa extensions not for my 90 day check in. I received mine in the mail in about a week.  

It seems the officials are always helpful when I show up dressed appropriately (long pants and button up shirt). The only time I had problems or received attitude was when I overstayed due to holiday and I wore shorts and t-shirt. 

esidence certifikate is free by law, IMO can´t charge you for this, if you pay to  IMO you can be accused of bribing an officer,

here in CM Mai there is a big sign what says service is for free, and never any officer would take money from you

• Like 1

I obtained one at Chaeng Wattana Immigation for vehicle registration a couple of years ago. They refused to issue one for my pension fund, saying that they only provided them for vehicles and licences. There was a small charge, the justification being that it was to cover the cost of mailing the certificate to me. The charge was publicIy displayed. I received the certificate within 10 days. There was no charge for a similar cerificate I obtained for registration of a vehicle at a provincial immigration office a year ago, when I picked up the certificate in person.

On 5/13/2017 at 3:48 PM, chickenrunCM said:

esidence certifikate is free by law, IMO can´t charge you for this, if you pay to  IMO you can be accused of bribing an officer,

here in CM Mai there is a big sign what says service is for free, and never any officer would take money from you

Perhaps the fee was for postage & handling. All I remember was they asked for payment and the postage fees on the envelope were ฿32.

On 5/15/2017 at 3:26 PM, Rayinbkk said:

I obtained one at Chaeng Wattana Immigation for vehicle registration a couple of years ago. They refused to issue one for my pension fund, saying that they only provided them for vehicles and licences. There was a small charge, the justification being that it was to cover the cost of mailing the certificate to me. The charge was publicIy displayed. I received the certificate within 10 days. There was no charge for a similar cerificate I obtained for registration of a vehicle at a provincial immigration office a year ago, when I picked up the certificate in person.

I have a similar question. I need to obtain a certificate of residence next month, after my one-year rental agreement takes effect. However, the person I'm renting from is not a Thai national. He has an office downstairs, and I'm renting the upper floors of the townhouse. 

Will the rental agreement I sign with him be enough to obtain a certificate of residence, or will I need documents signed by the Thai landlord? 

On 5/13/2017 at 0:19 AM, HHTel said:

Immigration need a Tabien Baan or Rental Agreement, passport and photos.  Never taken me more than half an hour.

i am in a northern province; and will be moving from one to another in less than a month; i could not get on my current residence tabien baan as they :

1 had never done one before

2 didnt know how to do one

3 didnt want to do one

4) manufactured some garbage about requiring a letter from my embassy ( 5000 baht to make appt,fees, go,stay overnight(S) , food, translations)

; as to the new place, new thorny immigration; and amphoe; i expect nothing less; so.... that avenue looks similarly closed;

similarly there is no rental agreement; i will live on my sister in laws land (she lives in hong kong) in my house that i just had built;

so...what to do ?

18 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

i am in a northern province; and will be moving from one to another in less than a month; i could not get on my current residence tabien baan as they :

1 had never done one before

2 didnt know how to do one

3 didnt want to do one

4) manufactured some garbage about requiring a letter from my embassy ( 5000 baht to make appt,fees, go,stay overnight(S) , food, translations)

; as to the new place, new thorny immigration; and amphoe; i expect nothing less; so.... that avenue looks similarly closed;

similarly there is no rental agreement; i will live on my sister in laws land (she lives in hong kong) in my house that i just had built;

so...what to do ?

Does your wife have a tambien ban for the house? If yes then that along with her ID card is your proof of residence for immigration. You don't need a yellow house book for proof of residence at immigration.

YetAnother - What is it you want?

If it is a residence certificate, then for what purpose?

The requirements for issuing a residence certificate differ for each immigration area, certainly Chonburi (Jomtien) immigration only require copies of your passport photo page, visa or extension, TM.6, last entry stamp and some sort of proof of address, i.e. a bill with your name and address on it, they do not require a rental contract etc.

Might be best to ask the office in the area you plan on moving to about their requirements.

As for getting on to a blue Tabien Baan, unless you are a PR, then that cannot happen, the only possibility would be to try and get a yellow version, for sure the house you built MUST have a blue Tabien Baan attached to it, even if it is empty.

• 1 year later...

Searching the web, it seems there are no forms to fill in beforehand. Is that correct? From what I've read, I just need to take my Passport to the Bangkok Immigration Office. I did my retirement  extension there, and I do my 90 day reporting there, although my last 90 day report was in Chiang Mai, as I happened be there when it became due.

As far as I know, the blank affidavit form from the US Embassy, or Consulate in Chiang Mai, can still suffice as a certificate of residency, when such purpose is indicated on the form. Of course, you pay $50 for this -- but with appointment, you get same day service.