Ride for love: Phuket locals call for decency after Russian couple caught in the act in the back of tuk-tuk

rooster59

Ride for love: Phuket locals call for decency after Russian couple caught in the act in the back of tuk-tuk 

by Tanyaluk Sakoot and Eakkapop Thongtub

The Phuket News

1494590940_1-org.jpg

A tuk-tuk driver in Patong holds up a 'No Sex' sign to be fitted to his vehicle. Photo: The Phuket News

PHUKET: Leading Phuket figures have gone soft on any blowback on the issue of tourists having sex in the back of tuk-tuks, but still warned over-amourous couples: Don’t do it.

The issue came to a head after two young Russians were caught on camera in compromising positions while riding in the back of a tuk-tuk along the Karon beach road in a video posted online late last Friday night (May 5). (See story here.)

In the video the woman can be seen straddling her male companion and leaning back across the tuk-tuk cab, and moving rhythmically while supported by her arms.

“I have never seen this type of thing happening in a public place in my entire life in Patong,” said Preechawut “Prab” Keesin, director of the Pisona (tuk-tuk) Group. Mr Preechawut, a native of Patong, has deep links to hospitality, nightlife and tuk-tuks operating in the party town.

“But this kind of indecent act does not deserve attention. There are many places to do this, but not in public, or even in tuk-tuks,” he said.

“I think they were drunk and did this to be naughty,” he joked.

On a more serious note, Mr Preechawut added, “From a business side, this image affects the tourism industry – and this is the from the point of view of somebody travelling behind the vehicle. The person who recorded this video must also think before posting this kind of thing on social media.”

Phuket Provincial Police Chief Maj Gen Teeraphol Thipjaroen was uninspired by the incident. “This kind of thing happens anywhere in the world. I do not have much to comment about it,” he said.

“People know that it is not right. Thailand is a Buddhist country. This behaviour must not appear in public. Everyone knows that both of these foreigners were charged with public indecency and fined B500 each.”

After Karon Police were informed of the video online, officers moved to track down the Russian couple.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/ride-for-love-phuket-locals-call-for-decency-after-russian-couple-caught-in-the-act-in-the-back-of-tuk-tuk-62138.php#s0Zm87gYoEZEbi4K.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-05-13

24 minutes ago, mark01 said:

Still waiting for the crime reenactment..... And of course, finger pointing.

Ha ha ha  . Absolutely I cant  wiat 4 reinactment of the supossably sex crime in tuk tuk " will it be a finger pointing or !!!

Edited by Mad mick

2 hours ago, DoctorG said:

Much ado about nothing.

You call that a 'tuk-tuk'.    maybe something lost in translation but in the north, these are song taews (2 seats)

A tuk-tuk is a motor bike with a cab on the back.

Wait for it, Thai bashing ;

What a bunch of two faced Hipocrits, from one of the most corrupt cultures in the world. 

Practice what you preach. 

Do it but don't tell anyone, what rot. 

2 hours ago, DoctorG said:

Much ado about nothing.

indeed, but the uproar in itself is highly significant.

1/ It shows how the anti-white sentiment is growing exponentially in this country.

It's based partly on bad behaviour of some tourists and expats, and that should not be denied, but mostly it feeds on frustration, envy, and the human tendency to accuse foreigners for everything that goes wrong in a country. On that chapter, Thais are unfortunately not alone, and most of the Western world is currently falling in the exact same trap (as illustrated by Trump, Brexit, Marine le Pen etc)

2/ It shows how ill-balanced most societies are when it comes to sex.

So many people are willing to blow any incident involving sex out of proportion, apparently without realizing that, say, the Mae Hong Son scandal (high ranking military men using their power to rape underage girls) is a million times more grave than two Russians having sex in the back of a Songtaew.

If the couple in question had been Thai, the storm would have remained where it should always have been : in the teacup.

Edited by Yann55

1 hour ago, masuk said:

You call that a 'tuk-tuk'.    maybe something lost in translation but in the north, these are song taews (2 seats)

Well, this wasn't in the north. It was in Phuket. And in Phuket, it's called a tuk tuk.

1 hour ago, masuk said:

It's a tuk-tuk, song taews are based un pick-ups, but i assume, that having sex on both of them isn't very much appreciated. But the real A.. was the one filming it and the publish it via social media.

4 hours ago, DoctorG said:

Much ado about nothing.

a couple d bags getting banged in the back of a boom boom buggy is one of the last problems that should be addressed by the PC police . at least put gang rapes of children ahead of bus  sex  of the things that shock poor innocent Thais and their virtues .

\

Try doing what they did in the West and see what happens. Arrested for indecent exposure- heavy fine and possible registration as a sex offender and a permanent mark on their record. They got off lucky.  Thailand may have its sex venues but no Thai has sex in a public place-ever.Thais already think most Westerners are interested only in sex and this goes along way to verify the stereotype.  I am beginning to think Thailand would be a lot better without drunken or perverted   tourists behaving badly. The money they bring isn't worth the aggravation. Don't let the door hit them in the arse.

1 hour ago, Thaidream said:

I am beginning to think Thailand would be a lot better without drunken or perverted   tourists behaving badly.

No one was hurt here. No one murdered. No one saying bad things. The person who did the videoing was just like a FB 'like' visitor. The driver should have turned down a quiet soi until they had finished.

These tuk-tuks should have a drop-down sheet at the back so passengers can have sex in private.

Edited by owl sees all
inappropriate content

2 hours ago, Thaidream said:

I am beginning to think Thailand would be a lot better without drunken or perverted   tourists behaving badly. 

Oh yes, bad farang, because Thai people don't whore out their daughters, beat pensioners and don't have a deserved world renowned rep for being dishonest. 

They are truly a nation with morals and a social conscience we should all aspire to. 

The hilarious blinkered Thai ethics. 

I was once making a trip up north on one of the holidays. One of our staff was getting a lift with us and asked if her friend could also cadge a lift. 

When we collected her friend it was obvious she had just finished a night working in cowboy, spray painted on satin one piece cut to the naval,and hooker boots with 8" heels.

Although we stopped at a couple of big gas stations for food on the way, she didn't feel inclined to change.

We reached her home and were invited to use the loo or have a drink before we carried on.

And there it was, the blinkered ethics of society here: while having a drink and passing pleasantries I crossed my legs and made the cardinal sin of having a foot higher than the 12" high table with the collection of greenery strimmed from the roadside and offered as food, this immediately drew looks of disdain and shaking heads.

I couldn't help thinking that me crossing my legs vs their daughter in full hooked garb, puppies falling out, with the cream of Sum Yung Guy not even dry yet should have been a bigger fopar in any culture! 

Go figure... 

3 hours ago, Thaidream said:

Try doing what they did in the West and see what happens. Arrested for indecent exposure- heavy fine and possible registration as a sex offender and a permanent mark on their record. They got off lucky.  Thailand may have its sex venues but no Thai has sex in a public place-ever.Thais already think most Westerners are interested only in sex and this goes along way to verify the stereotype.  I am beginning to think Thailand would be a lot better without drunken or perverted   tourists behaving badly. The money they bring isn't worth the aggravation. Don't let the door hit them in the arse.

The fact is that the sex tourists go where there is the greatest selection.

Thailand has always offered all sorts of sex entertainment and then it attracted those looking for it. Why most of the pedophiles go to Pattaya? Because they know that that's one of the best places to get kids. Thailand, along with Brazil and a few east European countries, has a worldwide reputation of being a sex destination.

It's not true that most westerners are interested only in sex but it's true that a significant percentage of tourist come to Thailand for sex. It's about time for the Thais to realize that they are 100% responsible for that, as they've always offered sex in every conceivable form! What kind of tourists did they expect to attract???

19 minutes ago, Italian guy said:

The fact is that the sex tourists go where there is the greatest selection.

Thailand has always offered all sorts of sex entertainment and then it attracted those looking for it. Why most of the pedophiles go to Pattaya? Because they know that that's one of the best places to get kids. Thailand, along with Brazil and a few east European countries, has a worldwide reputation of being a sex destination.

It's not true that most westerners are interested only in sex but it's true that a significant percentage of tourist come to Thailand for sex. It's about time for the Thais to realize that they are 100% responsible for that, as they've always offered sex in every conceivable form! What kind of tourists did they expect to attract???

Mate its just horny holiday makers enjoying vacation   spain france greece etc etc its full of this every night.yes people have sex on their holidays and sometimes even outside so get over it.

25 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Mate its just horny holiday makers enjoying vacation   spain france greece etc etc its full of this every night.yes people have sex on their holidays and sometimes even outside so get over it.

You've completely missed the point mate!!!

Thailand is a sex destination because the Thais made it so! I'm not saying that people don't f##k in other parts of the world. They do and they have the right to do it! I'm just saying that everyone in the world knows Thailand mainly for its brothels. So what are the Thais complaining about?

Is it easier to understand this way???

Edited by Italian guy

14 minutes ago, Italian guy said:

You've completely missed the point mate!!!

Thailand is a sex destination because the Thais made it so! I'm not saying that people don't f##k in other parts of the world. They do and they have the right to do it! I'm just saying that everyone in the world knows Thailand mainly for its brothels. So what are the Thais complaining about?

Is it easier to understand this way???

Yes but its not at all about Thailand being a sex destination as u claim.its about holiday makers <deleted> on their holidays and this than happens whatever country they visit.They would do the same thing if they where in Cambodia Italy or etc.