Royal Enfield to takeover Ducati?

BBJ

Personally no matter what happens Ducati should of been kept in Italian hands,  maybe just me but the romance died long ago,  the Mafia could of afforded it. :biggrin:

Imagine Ferrari owned by an Indian company. :sick: 

5 minutes ago, jaiyen said:

I thought that the Italian government had a major share in Ducati

From what l've read way back sometime.

Ducati is owned by German automotive manufacturer Audi through its Italian subsidiary Lamborghini which is all owned by the Volkswagen Group.

45 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Personally no matter what happens Ducati should of been kept in Italian hands,  maybe just me but the romance died long ago,  the Mafia could of afforded it. :biggrin:

Why do so many believe 'of' is an acceptable alternative to ' have'?

Of is not and never has been a verb.

36 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

oh the police are out , been a boring day has it 4 u, lol, oops mor spelin mistaks, only 138 posts, got a lot to learn he he

Yeah well you do get some strange posters on here but then again makes it fun. :laugh:

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

From what l've read way back sometime.

Ducati is owned by German automotive manufacturer Audi through its Italian subsidiary Lamborghini which is all owned by the Volkswagen Group.

That was my understanding too.

1 hour ago, markt7081 said:

I think the answer is a resounding yes, if the indians give them the back up & free reign. You only have to look how well Jaguar Landrover is doing under indian ownership, whereas they floundered under BMW & Ford.

Yeah l have to concede with that,  It's just different when comes to the Italian Ducati and Indian Ducati is loses it's charm in history..

4 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Yeah l have to concede with that,  It's just different when comes to the Italian Ducati and Indian Ducati is loses it's charm in history..

not all bike history has charm    just keep the styling /grunt   but up the   reliability

1 minute ago, Lamkyong said:

not all bike history has charm    just keep the styling /grunt   but up the   reliability

My 92 blade became a classic and charmed by a higher resale price.  :laugh:

My sons copy 916 shrunk in the wash.  :laugh:

591ac27aaba52_BladeLukes916.jpg.12e1bb89e2ebd2cf0e7929248d7e253b.jpg

4 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Ducati is owned by VW, a German firm. Royal Enfield is owned by Tata, an Indian firm. It seems the Brits and the Itals have a lot in common.

51 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Ducati is German, it's owned by VW.

Who is the owner of this & that brand in the automotive industry is not easy to follow and almost all of them have some parts made in China fitted.

If it's true, I don't think it will make a big difference.

6 hours ago, Fulwell53 said:

Why do so many believe 'of' is an acceptable alternative to ' have'?

Of is not and never has been a verb.

Fulwell53 - Next thing you'll expect is for everybody to understand the correct use of modal auxiliary verbs and the present perfect tense... you're floggin' 'un cheval mort' my chap, but it was a good try... ? ???

2 hours ago, smotherb said:

Ducati is German, it's owned by VW.

For fling sake l know who owns who from the beginning of the thread.

l'm referring to Ducati when Ducati was Italian owed..

9 hours ago, Richard-BKK said:

I think the biggest interest for a manufacturer like Ducati will come from China.

Ducati? One of the most unreliable pieces of junk on the roads, pretty much sums up Italian engineering, if it was taken over by some Mongolian tribe it couldn't get any worse. Overpriced junk! Anyone with any sense would see they are buying a non entity just a name that relates to very poor quality and a shit dealer support and over priced rubbish for spares....if you can get them in less than 3 months.

4 hours ago, smotherb said:

Ducati is owned by VW, a German firm. Royal Enfield is owned by Tata, an Indian firm. It seems the Brits and the Itals have a lot in common.

Royal Enfield is owned by Eicher Motors Limited and it has no relation with Tata (other than that they buy raw materials from Tata steel). Eicher Motors Limited, has a very active partnership with Polaris, who owns Indian Motorcycles... Eicher also works together with Volvo and Mitsubishi - Eicher is mainly a truck manufacturer...

12 hours ago, Formaleins said:

Ducati? One of the most unreliable pieces of junk on the roads, pretty much sums up Italian engineering, if it was taken over by some Mongolian tribe it couldn't get any worse. Overpriced junk! Anyone with any sense would see they are buying a non entity just a name that relates to very poor quality and a shit dealer support and over priced rubbish for spares....if you can get them in less than 3 months.

That junk is doing well and competitive in MotoGP.  :biggrin: 

12 hours ago, Formaleins said:

BullshIt!

Italian engineering since pre war days has produced some of the most innovative motorcycles ever produced on this planet, and a history rich in technical and reliable products.

Since the 70's however they just have a reputation for shoddy electrics and electronics, sometimes...