Public Health Ministry reaches out to skeptical nurses

webfact

Public Health Ministry reaches out to skeptical nurses

By The Nation

bc58c772143f3c6d654969d8dff44d16.jpeg

Public Health Ministry’s permanent secretary Dr Sopon Mekthon

Public Health Ministry’s permanent secretary Dr Sopon Mekthon had a video conference call with nurses at state hospitals across the country on Wednesday to assure them about the government’s plan to enhance their hiring status and welfare.

Nurses have recently protested to complain about their hiring status. 

More than 13,000 nurses across the country now work at state hospitals, but without the status of civil servants. 

The status is important because it means job security and good welfare benefits. 

Before the nurse protest spiralled out of control, the Cabinet on Tuesday agreed to grant civil-servant status to all nurses working at state hospitals either as permanent or temporary employees within three years. 

But even after the Cabinet’s move, some nurses remained sceptical, prompting Sopon to address the issue. 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30315508

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-05-17

I do not believe what any higher office government official says in Thailand. Come back in 3 years and lets see how many nurses are permanent. They will probably be lucky to be part time. Lie and stall ,lie and stall nothing will change. In three years if the nurses try again they will get lies and stalled again same same over and over and over.

Edited by lovelomsak

Ministry reassures nurses on hiring status
By PUANGCHOMPOO PRASERT
THE NATION

7af754947cf7bf01ce8416a9a9b44543-sld.jpe

BANGKOK: -- THE PUBLIC Health Ministry’s permanent secretary held a video conference with nurses across the country yesterday to stem doubts about the government’s promise to grant civil-servant status to nurses working at state hospitals.

Dr Sopon Mekthon yesterday attempted to alleviate nurses’ concerns that the Cabinet decision – to make all nurses now working at state hospitals as employees or temporary employees civil servants – had not been put into writing yet. 

The Cabinet came up with the decision on Tuesday following demonstrations and threats by nurses that they would quit state hospitals. 

“You can trust us. The prime minister is very understanding,” Sopon said during yesterday’s video conference. He also explained the details of how the government would honour the promise to have all 13,000 nurses who were working without civil-servant status at state hospitals become civil servants within three years. 

He said the nurses worked as employees or temporary employees because the ministry did not have enough civil-servant positions open due to restrictions in the bureaucratic system. 

“But with the Cabinet’s latest decision on hiring nurses, we will have 5,885 civil-servant positions for nurses this year,” Sopon said. 

He added that 3,743 civil-servant positions would be available for nurses in 2018 and 3,995 positions in 2019.

Sopon said nurses did not have to worry that new nurses who would join state hospitals over the next few years. “By 2021, many civil-servant nurses will reach their retirement age. By then, there should be enough civil-servant positions for all nurses,” he said. The civil-servant status is important to nurses at state hospitals because it means job security and good welfare benefits. 

The ministry’s deputy permanent secretary Dr Somsak Akksilp said his agency would submit the nurse-recruitment plan to a committee governing the government’s workforce soon. 

“The committee has already agreed to the figures in the plan. It’s just that we have to present the plan in writing,” Somsak said. 

He said that after the committee officially endorsed the plan, the Cabinet would approve it.

“The whole process should be completed before the end of this month,” Somsak said.

Rungtiwa Panomkae, an employee nurse at a state hospital and the chair of a network fighting for the rights of temporary-employee nurses, said she was satisfied with the ministry’s assurances. 

“We also have the media as our witnesses. Our morale is now good. I think no nurses will leave their jobs at state hospitals now,” she said. 

Rungtiwa said that her network would like to join the process allocating positions to ensure transparency. 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30315528

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-05-18

Immediately after the meeting the Permanent Secretary invited delegates to his office to demonstrate his big new "really important fellow" high back swivelling chair...

This should of been the real speech from the public health Minister

My fellow Nurses

Trust us ( Tongue in cheek)  The Pm is deeply concerned over your issues. But he has other things on his mind like buying 3 old subs from China  He believes subs are more important than u Ok U understand that. I am making this speech because i dont want to loose my big fat pay packet from the government That why i agree everything the Pm says

We really not care what you want. Long as Army is happy and we can stay in power and makes lots of money that all we care Now go back to work and have Thai smile because i have to fly to London for junket trip

Bye Thai smile

20 hours ago, tracker1 said:

It really amazes me Governments world wide take their time to implement something for the people but when it favors Government they can pass it in a day

Yes we the people get less important by the day. Kudo's to the nurses they got the governments attention finally. These lassies and a few lads I presume have a lot of spunk.