Sending parcel to Israel with Thai post, need to join visible ID card copy ?

not sure specifically about israel but adherence to policy seems to be post office worker specific rather than overall company policy.

one post office i use has a prominent sign in thai and english saying an ID card has to be shown when sending a parcel, however only one post office worker ever asks for ID, the others dont - and as i dont have an ID card or carry my passport i only ever show my driving licence which is accepted.

other post offices i use some have the sign but no one adheres to it and some dont have the sign.

just shows you the post office staff seem to have as little idea what's going on as anyone else...

There has been special requirements for sending packages to Israel for many years. These requirements have been in place long before the recent id proof on all parcels. When i sent an item to Israel years ago, they took a photocopy of my passport - don't know if they attached it to the parcel or not. But, many postal clerks do not know about the requirement or they ignore it, so you may not be ask for anything.

4 hours ago, MANICMINER said:

There has been special requirements for sending packages to Israel for many years. These requirements have been in place long before the recent id proof on all parcels. When i sent an item to Israel years ago, they took a photocopy of my passport - don't know if they attached it to the parcel or not. But, many postal clerks do not know about the requirement or they ignore it, so you may not be ask for anything.

Post office clerk said that parcel would not be delivered it no ID card attached, which is pure BS because I sent dozens parcels to Israel last year without any ID.

So it seems nothing new and usual stupid rules that someone believes is useful.

17 hours ago, samsensam said:

not sure specifically about israel but adherence to policy seems to be post office worker specific rather than overall company policy.

one post office i use has a prominent sign in thai and english saying an ID card has to be shown when sending a parcel, however only one post office worker ever asks for ID, the others dont - and as i dont have an ID card or carry my passport i only ever show my driving licence which is accepted.

other post offices i use some have the sign but no one adheres to it and some dont have the sign.

just shows you the post office staff seem to have as little idea what's going on as anyone else...

Every post office i have usrd over the last 18 months has always asked for ID when sending parcels. Pattaya, Bangkok, Khon Kaen, Chiang Mai. 

anytime anyone wants to photocopy your id or passport, you draw 2 diagonal lines on the copy and then write in Thai what the document can be used for. 

You never ever give anyone a blank copy of your ID, Irregardless of where you are in the world.

Edited by xvend

4 hours ago, xvend said:

anytime anyone wants to photocopy your id or passport, you draw 2 diagonal lines on the copy and then write in Thai what the document can be used for. 

You never ever give anyone a blank copy of your ID, Irregardless of where you are in the world.

Which is great when you can try telling that to immigration or the police.