Six year old dropped on his head in "hazing" incident at Chonburi kindergarten

webfact

Six year old dropped on his head in "hazing" incident at Chonburi kindergarten

3am.jpg

Picture: Sanook

CHONBURI/PATTAYA: -- A six year old boy was hospitalized after older children hauled him up on a two meter high stage during an apparent hazing incident at the start of term in a Chonburi school.

Hazing is the habit of older students - usually at universities - doing unpleasant things to new arrivals.

Meanwhile the school director has called for teachers to step up their vigilance at the start of term.

The incident at the unnamed school happened as term began Tuesday. "Hero", 6, going into a P1 class (Kindergarten 2 in the British system) was grabbed by older children and taken crying up onto the stage. He was then dropped on the back of his head onto the cement below.

He was taken to hospital with a bump "the size of a kaffir lime" reported Sanook.

Doctor's determined there was no bleeding on the brain but have kept him in for observation and said he is not out of danger yet.

Mother Natcha Suransi said she was shocked by what had happened to her son.

The school director ordered staff to take greater care and called in the older students to get to the bottom of what happened. He said he was determined that a repeat incident would be prevented.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-18

So where were teacher supervision? Leaving any group of kids alone, let alone kindergarten kids, is a recipe for accidents or worse to happen. Maybe the mother should sue the school - at the very least require them to pay the hospital bills. Hope the boy recovers physically, but I'm sure he will be affected by all this. 

Can't totally blame the kids - but CAN really totally blame the school for lack of supervision! The teacher (and the head of the school) should be disciplined - made to publicly apologise to the parent/s (with the news media in attendance) and made to pay for all medical expenses. :post-4641-1156693976:

Hope the little guy recovers fully and quickly.

A principal calls on older students to investigate and get to the bottom of this: how ridiculous, and this is the principal he must be very stupid, what does it say about the rest of his teaching staff: Not very much 

Sounds like it is being handled as "Boys will be boys" attitude. 

I hope the young lad will be ok. 

I find it unusual that there was just a large  lime sized lump. Surely if dropped from a high stage there would have been a laceration and head wounds bleed a lot. 

Every time a story is told, something new is added. 

Again, I offer best wishes for the child. 

My heart goes out to this little boy and his mother (there was no mention of a father). 

It wasn't called hazing when I was his age but I so clearly remember being bullied. He will never forget this. 

Well done to the hero boys that did this, you are living up to the cowardly Thai man image. I hope the young boy recovers and they find the idiots who did it, not that anything will happen to them.  I am sure there is some light hearted fun at schools during the new school year however this "hazing" shows a lack of common sense on what is acceptable.

2 hours ago, monspencer said:

I know hazing goes on in many places, but name and shame the school. Why should it remain 'unamed'?

At 6 years old, hazing is totally ridiculous.

At least, University students can be held accountable.  Not so kindergarten kids.

33 minutes ago, steveyinasia said:

Well done to the hero boys that did this, you are living up to the cowardly Thai man image. I hope the young boy recovers and they find the idiots who did it, not that anything will happen to them.  I am sure there is some light hearted fun at schools during the new school year however this "hazing" shows a lack of common sense on what is acceptable.

Not a lack of common sense. A demonstration of gross stupidity

11 hours ago, ukrules said:

These kids are a thick is pigshit, they might as well just send them to jail now.

So you want put 8-12 years old kids in a prison because the teacher don't do their job and for sure a reporter write complete nonsens about student hazing in kindergarden and Primary School?

7 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

One Word.........4 syllables.......Su - Per - vi - sion........:mad:

Get well soon little one, and I hope it does not put you off school and learning.....:sick:

I was thinking more like..........Stu - pi - di - ty

Wonder whether there are schools in Thailand where children learn to think......

Rather than repeating some stupidity from TV or internet, or acting in a group against younger or weaker kids .....

Disgusting lack of interest to do a proper job on the side of the school staff.

21 hours ago, smew said:

A principal calls on older students to investigate and get to the bottom of this: how ridiculous, and this is the principal he must be very stupid, what does it say about the rest of his teaching staff: Not very much 

That is why he is a principal - he knows how to "pass the buck" and absolve himself from any accountability and responsibility. :post-4641-1156693976: