Ubon Ratchathani Immigration on the move

JamesH

4 minutes ago, American Legion Post TH01 said:

Also thought it might be good to bring it back to the first page since is getting close to the 3rd.

You beat me to it. I was thinking the same thing.

I used the posted map from immigration and could not pinpoint it on google maps.

1 hour ago, American Legion Post TH01 said:

We already have that up on our Facebook page.

Just asking for a GPS so it can be easily found on google maps.

Also thought it might be good to bring it back to the first page since is getting close to the 3rd.

If you look for Rajabhat University Ubon on Google maps, you will see just where the uni is located, then you can note the GPS.

Office would be easy to find then.

Have a good day on 3rd July.

14 minutes ago, elwood said:

If you look for Rajabhat University Ubon on Google maps, you will see just where the uni is located, then you can note the GPS.

I can tell you is it easy to find the university since I know where it is. But trying to pinpoint the office using immigrations map is not possible. When using satellite view nothing really matches it.

18 hours ago, elwood said:

I just stumbled upon this thread.

I saw the hand drawn "map".

What confuses me is that there are gates "1" and "2" shown to the campus.

EDIT: the gate that I link below seem to be the entrance that the hand drawn map refers too.

Further to the west there is the colossal main gate (that is not recommend to use).

The "side gate"/side entrance is here:

https://www.google.co.th/maps/@15.2454009,104.84919,3a,75y,359.9h,94.78t/data=!3m9!1e1!3m7!1sLm96lDQETnqbock2Yui7zw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!9m2!1b1!2i45

DELETED

Map link without street view:

https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/15°14'43.4"N+104°50'57.1"E/@15.2454035,104.8470013,17z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d15.2454009!4d104.84919

With the available information I am not able to pinpoint the building but from the gate it shouldn't be magic to find.

Just bumping this up since it is the first day for the new office.

I have learned there will be a grand opening ceremony tomorrow at 10 am. Unless you want to attend the ceremony it might be a good time to avoid going to the office.

On 29/06/2017 at 0:22 PM, KhunBENQ said:

I just stumbled upon this thread.

I saw the hand drawn "map".

What confuses me is that there are gates "1" and "2" shown to the campus.

EDIT: the gate that I link below seem to be the entrance that the hand drawn map refers too.

Further to the west there is the colossal main gate (that is not recommend to use).

The "side gate"/side entrance is here:

https://www.google.co.th/maps/@15.2454009,104.84919,3a,75y,359.9h,94.78t/data=!3m9!1e1!3m7!1sLm96lDQETnqbock2Yui7zw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!9m2!1b1!2i45

DELETED

Map link without street view:

https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/15°14'43.4"N+104°50'57.1"E/@15.2454035,104.8470013,17z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d15.2454009!4d104.84919

With the available information I am not able to pinpoint the building but from the gate it shouldn't be magic to find.

The side gate 2 seems to be closed a lot. In fact, I have hardly ever seen it open. Yesterday I drove past the gate at 2 pm and it was closed. 

I went to the ceremony this morning and took a couple of photos of the Immigration office. The first photo is the entrance to the Immigration office. It's set back from the road. The second photo is the sign on the building directly across the street from the immigration office.

20170704_115355.jpg

20170704_115411.jpg

Member @MarcoH has added photos and a video identifying the building ("13").

Starting from here:

From the drawing he provided, the coordinates of the entrance are:

15.245997, 104.848789

Sat view:

https://goo.gl/maps/zxfsbhpqDwv

Seems it can be reached by car straight through the main gate, park the car and walk around the building.

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Member @MarcoH has added photos and a video identifying the building ("13").

Starting from here:

From the drawing he provided, the coordinates of the entrance are:

15.245997, 104.848789

Sat view:

https://goo.gl/maps/zxfsbhpqDwv

Seems it can be reached by car straight through the main gate, park the car and walk around the building.

Yes can be walked through the building and there is toilets as well,, for both male and female, how ever they are UNI toilets so do not expect clean or tissue paper in there, there might be but as normal way some one might collect those to they own use....lol

Yes its part of the lucky number 13 building...:partytime2:

For those looking for Immigration in the new location at Rajabut University Ubon, it's located in building 13. Go in the main entrance opposite SK shopping centre and as you go through the gate look to your right across a grassed area and you will see the immigration sign. It's located at the rear of the building. On the map I attached its about where the 3 is on the building number.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Screenshot_20170712-110755.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys. I'm in Savannakhet now. Glad to see that the new - more convenient - satellite branch of Ubon immigration has indeed been successfully opened within the main city. Thanks for posting the updates and maps, as I (and others) can now feel more at ease about possibly returning to Ubon at some point in the future, and knowing that extending the tourist visa now properly doable in an afternoon on the mountain bike. Cheers.

I went there yesterday to do a 90-Day. Painless.

It's a mini office with a couple windows and seats outside. Serious stuff done inside.

A guy not in uniform but with a black  "Immigration" T-shirt stands by outside to help you if need be.

Refer to the map posted by AliasJohn and indeed to previous info posted on this thread.

Campus entrance right across from the SK (no check going/driving in).

Parking available for cars and motocys.

Go right through the 13 building. turn right at the end and you'll come to the office.