Fridge Locks

mraitchison

Why not connect a music generator chip/speaker to the light circuit? That way you would know the door was opened and could close it without the risk of life that locks present. My Samsung has such a circuit built into freezer door with a time delay so it can be done.

Not sure if you are old enough to remember or not but there used to be many deaths caused by locked refrigerators as children naturally find them a great place to hide - and they were made with a latch that once closed could not be opened from inside. Not having locks is a huge safety improvement.

Not sure if you are old enough to remember or not but there used to be many deaths caused by locked refrigerators as children naturally find them a great place to hide - and they were made with a latch that once closed could not be opened from inside. Not having locks is a huge safety improvement.

Thankfully it's really to stop my wife leaving the bloody thing open again. It's driving me mad coming home to find it open.

I kind of hope that she has the commn sense not to climb into the fridge, :o however you never know so I may have to consider the music idea.

I really need a fridge lock. The type of thing that stops infants opening fridges or wives from leaving the fridge open all day again.

Any idea if they can be bought in BKK or Pattaya or will I need to order it off the internet.

Please help me.

Those fridge locks, I have them, never used them. The baby is still not strong enough (2yrs 8 months) to open the fridge.

That plastic lock would only be a nuisance as you have to release it whenever you reach for something.

Good for fridges that are unattended and rarely opened.

Also, what I have would not prevent leaving the fridge open.

I've seen a couple online that would catch the door if its pushed shut.

Part of the problem is that sometimes bottles tip over in the door and it shuts then swings open again.

The main problem is though that this is one of those things that I will never win so I might as well take an active/passive apporach to solving it.

I've had a good chuckle today though imagining her getting herself locked in the fridge.