Vietnamese man runs out of Bangkok cab after argument with girlfriend, jumps in klong and drowns

snoop1130

Vietnamese man runs out of Bangkok cab after argument with girlfriend, jumps in klong and drowns

2332.JPG

A 21 year old Vietnamese man drowned in Bangkok Noi Canal after jumping in following an argument with his girlfriend in a taxi.

Doi Jung Hiaw and his girlfriend Miss Tee, 19, also from Vietnam, were on their way back to Thonburi from a friend's house in Rama 9 where they had been to a birthday party.

The young man was drunk and the couple were arguing after he accused his girlfriend of being interested in another man.

When they reached the navy area near the Arun Amarin bridge he suddenly jumped out and into the klong.

Police who arrived on the scene found a wallet on the bank with 500 baht. Divers were called and the body, wearing just long trousers, was discovered under a navy boat some sixty minutes later.

He could not swim.

As he was pulled from the water his girlfriend was in floods of tears, reported Daily news.

The body was taken to Sirirat Hospital for autopsy to confirm the cause of death.

Source: https://www.dailynews.co.th/crime/574643

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-5-18

18 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

Police who arrived on the scene found a wallet on the bank with 500 baht. 

Ok. Was it the deceased's wallet? Did they return it to the girlfriend? Was the taxi fare paid?

yes to all 3 questions  ......    the taxi driver waited until the girlfriend went to 7-11 for change as he didn't have change for 500bth.

Some people call him a silly man....better to be silly than sick enough to cast callous remarks about the death of someone's son brother or loved one.

The real tragedy here is....at that age one thinks that the girl he is with is the love of his life and will be forever.....not realizing that in the majority of cases, there will be many more "flings" before he eventually meets the one he wishes to marry and spend his life with.....

So so sad.....may he RIP.

We will never know where the quarrel was all bout, but it sparked an out of the ordinary response, with one casualty!

Women can be extremely cruel in the heat of a verbal fight!!

RIP

1 hour ago, MaksimMislavsky said:

R.I.P. Horrible tragedy. Poor Miss Tee, the young Vietnamese lady in the foreign land. Hope she will be able to cope...

"Love hurts". 

4 hours ago, dotpoom said:

Some people call him a silly man....better to be silly than sick enough to cast callous remarks about the death of someone's son brother or loved one.

The real tragedy here is....at that age one thinks that the girl he is with is the love of his life and will be forever.....not realizing that in the majority of cases, there will be many more "flings" before he eventually meets the one he wishes to marry and spend his life with.....

So so sad.....may he RIP.

Yes there a lot of callous people on this forum, Hav no respect for anything. Just trying to look good with stupid remarks.

This guy woz only 21, a full life in front of him. Not like most of the sad old gits on here. Go back to ur favourite bar stool. ???

RIP young guy.

1 hour ago, Sooo Upto Me said:

Would u be saying that if it woz one of ur family members who woz only 21?

Get a life will u.

I got a life as do my daughters, grandsons and granddaughter and great-grandson! Try and have a nice day of reality please.

1 hour ago, lvr181 said:
2 hours ago, Sooo Upto Me said:

Would u be saying that if it woz one of ur family members who woz only 21?

Get a life will u.

I got a life as do my daughters, grandsons and granddaughter and great-grandson! Try and have a nice day of reality please.

Yes, n pleez wud u lern how 2 spel

9 hours ago, Sooo Upto Me said:

Yes there a lot of callous people on this forum, Hav no respect for anything. Just trying to look good with stupid remarks.

This guy woz only 21, a full life in front of him. Not like most of the sad old gits on here. Go back to ur favourite bar stool. ???

RIP young guy.

I agree with your  up to a point, but you are not showing any respect at all for all us "sad old gits" on here, some of whom, like myself, have never occupied a bar stool.