Trump calls special counsel Russia probe 'greatest witch hunt' in U.S. history

webfact

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

And the handful of Dems who voted for Sessions and Flynn and De Vos and other severely flawed candidates.   You're even worse.  You can't use the excuse of blind partisanship.    Your only excuse is profound ass-licking ignorance.   

If it makes you feel any better, only one Democrat voted for Sessions, none for De Vos (2 republican voted against).  National Security Advisor does not require Senate confirmation.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/02/08/us/politics/jeff-sessions-confirmation-vote.html

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/02/07/us/politics/betsy-devos-confirmation-vote.html

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Security_Advisor_(United_States)

I do agree that most of the cabinet picks were terrible and in several cases Democrats voted for them. As it was early days, I think they have learned their lesson and future confirmations  (there are literally hundreds to go) will show more party discipline. 

TH 

10 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

Compared to HRC with Benghazi and E-mails this hasn't even warmed up yet. How does it feel Trump? Lock him up, Lock him up ! Isn't karma a bitch.

What a cry baby, but this is typical bullyboy style. At the heart of all bullies is cowardice. 

12 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

And Sen. McCarthy's consigliere was Roy Cohn, who later mentored, wait for it, Donald Trump.

160901184027-donald-trump-roy-cohn-file-full-169.jpg

download.jpg

To look at the older version of Roy Cohn, it's almost like seeing how the evil fed on him and used him up...nothing but a shell remains

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes, he was an anti-gay civil rights closet case. 

It's revealing how influential he was in trump's earlier development into the world class sleazeball he is today. 

Lo and behold...he also worked with Roger Stone, one of Trump's current operatives in presumably bribing officials during the 1979-1980 campaign to split liberal support in NY state.

imageproxy.php?img=&key=3bccf9db2954ff32

13 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes, he was an anti-gay civil rights closet case. 

It's revealing how influential he was in trump's earlier development into the world class sleazeball he is today. 

And famously anti-semitic (He was Jewish).

And Assistant U.S. Attorney prosecuting the Ethel & Julius Rosenberg.

Characterized in Angels in America.

An oldie with a youthful Roger Stone (nice jacket).

21TRUMPCOHNweb2-jumbo.jpg

97252792.jpg

Edited by mtls2005

4 hours ago, Berkshire said:

I actually thought about this and yes, I agree that a President Pence "could be" worse in terms of his extreme right-wing position on a great many issues.  But consider the hardcore Trump supporters and what they're going to do if Trump is ousted.  I doubt they would instantly warm up to Pence.  Not sure how this would play out, but I don't think you can assume that the GOP will automatically become one big happy family with Pence as President.

Pence might not be the "squeaky clean" religious guy he professes being, and might also be found guilty of a few things e.g. lies.

48 minutes ago, selftaopath said:

Pence might not be the "squeaky clean" religious guy he professes being, and might also be found guilty of a few things e.g. lies.

Let's face it Trump is never going to get one of the good guys to agree to be VP and quite honestly he wouldn't want one.  I suspect that Pence would also be bad news but surely not completely nuts, as Trump is.

1 minute ago, dunroaming said:

Let's face it Trump is never going to get one of the good guys to agree to be VP and quite honestly he wouldn't want one.  I suspect that Pence would also be bad news but surely not completely nuts, as Trump is.

Amazingly, Gen. Flynn was his first choice for VP.

4 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Mueller will conduct an investigation into “any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump,” along with “any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/doj-special-counsel-russia-trump_us_591cbfa2e4b03b485cae5465

So start with the possible links and collusion, then anywhere else deemed to be a criminal issue, ie., Executive Branch (ie., POTUS and Cabinet) obstruction of justice, money laundering, unregistered foreign agent, bribery, lying to federal investigators, etc.

You're assuming Mueller will do his job well, and not take 6 years to reach a conclusion.  A good investigator will leave no stone unturned, and delve into any possible law-breaking by Kushner, Ivanka, Pence, and Trump's eldest 2 sons.  Not even even Priebus (obstruction of justice) or lawyer Cohen (lying about clandestine trips to Poland to meet with Russian officials during the campaign, etc) should be exempt from scrutiny.  Same for Erik Prince, Head of Blackwater, who met with a Russian agent in the Seychelles during the campaign. He's Betsy DeVos' brother, and he was an official representative of Trump at that exclusive meeting.

4 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

If the Donald screws this one up its the beginning of the end for him. 

The 'beginning of the end' for Trump was when he announced publicly, 

"Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing, I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press."

2 hours ago, selftaopath said:

What a cry baby, but this is typical bullyboy style. At the heart of all bullies is cowardice. 

An apt description of Trump.

Let us see what the hunt turns up….my bet is it will be a big nothing.

Just another ploy by the losing team to derail a legally elected government.

Trump is rightfully ignoring all the babble and pressing on.

Build that wall.

29 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Build that wall.

As usual, you're wrong.  Trump is not ignoring this.  Can you say "greatest witch hunt in history?" 

1 hour ago, JHolmesJr said:

Build that wall.

The man-child is not ignoring anything that's being said or written about him. That's a key part of his pathetic personality. President Snowflake just can't let any perceived slight go unanswered. 

images.jpg.e1e5d3422ced618149ba630dcc8a64cc.jpg

Just now, Becker said:

The man-child is not ignoring anything that's being said or written about him. That's a key part of his pathetic personality. President Snowflake just can't let any perceived slight go unanswered. 

images.jpg.e1e5d3422ced618149ba630dcc8a64cc.jpg

Hes unfazed……you're in more of a tizzy than he is….he got bigger fish to fry

1 minute ago, JHolmesJr said:

An innocent man would say "I welcome an independent investigation and will cooperate any way I can."

A guilty man would say "It's a witch hunt!"  "It's a charade!"  "How come they didn't investigate x or y or z?" 

Understand?

3 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

He's infamously thin-skinned. It's a well established fact but, of course, facts aren't realy important in the alternate dimension the man-child and his trumpets inhabit.