Net Book won't start.

Issangeorge

Note this is not a booting problem, it never gets close to that far.

Okay a trouble shooting question for all you experts out there. I have an ASUS net book computer. One day it wouldn't turn on, I took it to our local Advice Computer Shop, they plugged it in, it started right up. I went home feeling stupid, and it started right up and worked for around a couple of weeks, then wouldn't start, took it back to Advice and the same thing happened. Now feeling extra stupid I took it home and it worked for about two weeks, then wouldn't start. Once again to Advice, they are the only shop in town, feeling totally embarrassed, praying it wouldn't start, thank God it didn't. They sent it to the ASUS repair shop in KK, they checked it all out said it was fine, and sent it back. Sure enough it worked fine, for about two more weeks, then it wouldn't start. Back to KK again, again nothing wrong with it, it comes back, works fine for about a month and now doesn't start. What happens with the starting process in all instances, is the amber charging light is on, I press the start button, a couple of green lights flash, the screen starts to boot up, and after about one to three seconds everything shuts down, and the amber light goes off. I unplug it and plug it back in, the same process will happen, after about three times, that's it nothing happens. Anybody have any suggestions, or know of a good computer shop in the Kalasin Mukdahan area?

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

you told me the problem already ... ASUS   !   I bought a couple of these over the past 5 years and both were back in the repair shop a few times.

just crap cheap electronics inside. 

It will end up costing you more to fix than a new one.

Ukrules, when the computer starts up it works fine, and does so until the next time it fails to start, usually two to four weeks.
Jam jar, model # X200M steven100, I don't think it is an expensive problem, however if it is I will junk the computer and replace it with a non ASUS one.

I first suspected some kind of memory issue, but it kind of sounds to me like it's a dodgy connection between the hard drive and the motherboard.

When it next fails to boot I suggest loading the bios by pressing whatever 'F' key the BIOS screen advises, it's often F12, F8 or F10 depending on the computer.

When you're inside the BIOS take a look to see if the disk drive shows up, if it's missing from the config then you know it's something to do with the drive or its connection. It's a process of elimination really.

36 minutes ago, ukrules said:

When it next fails to boot I suggest loading the bios by pressing whatever 'F' key the BIOS screen advises, it's often F12, F8 or F10 depending on the computer.

When you're inside the BIOS take a look to see if the disk drive shows up, if it's missing from the config then you know it's something to do with the drive or its connection. It's a process of elimination really.

Yea, I was gonna suggest when it won't boot try getting into the BIOS or UEFI setup and see if it will stay there without crashing or rebooting on it's own (passive test of memory refresh and CPU stability).

You could also try booting to a USB memory stick with a LIVE install of Linux or something. That would tell you if you have an OS/Driver issue with the original boot source. 

Though, having an issue, taking or shipping is somewhere and having it work ...it really smacks of a power supply capacitance or other circuitry issue. 

Okay seems the mother board may be no good, so I need a new lap top. Looking at an  Notebook Acer Aspire E5-553-F5DN/T001 (Black)

AMD Quad Core FX-9800P / RAM 8GB DDR4 / HDD 1TB / 15.6 inch / Integrated Graphics / Linux or perhaps the same, only with the Intel Core I5 7200u 2.5GHz chip and a NVIDIA George GTX950M 4GB, at ฿20,900, is it worth the extra. ฿4,000 for the Intel Chip and Nvidia graphics card, I'm not a gamer and watch very few videos. Or does anyone have another suggestion?

On 5/22/2017 at 7:28 AM, DinoSabanovic said:

Sell it and get a new one or desktop. You can get used Dell Optiplex i5 for 7500 with monitor that will blow your laptop away in performance.

Can you tell me where I can buy the used Dell for 7.500 Baht?

On 20/05/2017 at 5:55 AM, steven100 said:

you told me the problem already ... ASUS   !   I bought a couple of these over the past 5 years and both were back in the repair shop a few times.

That don't sound good at all, I just purchased an Asus ROG for 67,000 baht. Should I throw it in the bin now or wait until warranty period has expired ?

9 minutes ago, Techno Viking said:

That don't sound good at all, I just purchased an Asus ROG for 67,000 baht. Should I throw it in the bin now or wait until warranty period has expired ?

keep using it, being 67k it must be a top of the range ... mine were the small netbooks ... yours will be fine ..good luck.

On 19/05/2017 at 10:55 PM, steven100 said:

My Asus netbook is three years old and is working fine.......great pc,s :thumbsup:

7 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Can you tell me where I can buy the used Dell for 7.500 Baht?

I bought mine at Seacon Bangkae, 5500 thb. You can get i5 3470, 4GB ram, 500GB hdd and AMD video card in some models. They sell for 5900 thb but can be lowered to 5500 thb. Just walk a little and you will find refurbished Dell coms. If you into gaming I recommend GT 1030. It uses only 30w of power and fits great inside slim case. If you stay in Korat I could sell you mine. I activated Windows 10 licence and added 120gb ssd and 4GB ram.

On 5/25/2017 at 5:47 PM, Issangeorge said:

Okay seems the mother board may be no good, so I need a new lap top. Looking at an  Notebook Acer Aspire E5-553-F5DN/T001 (Black)

AMD Quad Core FX-9800P / RAM 8GB DDR4 / HDD 1TB / 15.6 inch / Integrated Graphics / Linux or perhaps the same, only with the Intel Core I5 7200u 2.5GHz chip and a NVIDIA George GTX950M 4GB, at ฿20,900, is it worth the extra. ฿4,000 for the Intel Chip and Nvidia graphics card, I'm not a gamer and watch very few videos. Or does anyone have another suggestion?

Are you interested in used Samsung laptop? I have one for sale right now. It's in great condition except battery died so I had to remove it. Intel i5 3230M Ram: 8GB (2X4GB) Dual GPU: AMD 8750M 1GB, Intel HD 4000 Disk: SSD Kingston V300 120GB Samsung original laptop bag. I could include more info.

3904d43ea28b0bb8f5b740ac5f490934.jpg

15 minutes ago, DinoSabanovic said:

I bought mine at Seacon Bangkae, 5500 thb. You can get i5 3470, 4GB ram, 500GB hdd and AMD video card in some models. They sell for 5900 thb but can be lowered to 5500 thb. Just walk a little and you will find refurbished Dell coms. If you into gaming I recommend GT 1030. It uses only 30w of power and fits great inside slim case. If you stay in Korat I could sell you mine. I activated Windows 10 licence and added 120gb ssd and 4GB ram.

No, I am not into gaming, I do have problems with my desktop, I got it made up from JBB or something like that about four years ago. there

always seems to be things going funny with it, and I was thinking about a change. I will consider a change when the time comes. Thanks.

29 minutes ago, DinoSabanovic said:

I thought you gave up on the optiplex cause you could not get a GPU for it ?

2 hours ago, Techno Viking said:

I thought you gave up on the optiplex cause you could not get a GPU for it ?

Yeah, I thought so too but GT 1030 came out and fits great inside. It's not expensive and plays games decently on 1080p. When paired with Intel igpu, it can play games and stream at no performance degradation. GTX 1050ti is available on lazada now but is 8000 thb! Way too expensive. My friend is going back to Europe and he will bring me Gigabyte 1050ti low profile. It's 1500 thb cheaper than Thailand. This one I will be for my wife and new one for me.

Edited by DinoSabanovic

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

No, I am not into gaming, I do have problems with my desktop, I got it made up from JBB or something like that about four years ago. there

always seems to be things going funny with it, and I was thinking about a change. I will consider a change when the time comes. Thanks.

What kind of problems? You bought it in JIB. I bought there also last PC.