Settlement Visa Financial Requirements

Gents, its time to start preparing for my wife's settlement visa as well as the associated headaches that accompany the process. We probably won't submit the application until Jan 2018, but I want to start things rolling with document preparation.

My first headache, is the Appendix 2, Financial Requirement Form.

Now lets say I have an income of 90k per year. My main method of meeting the financial requirement will be "Income from self employment" which asks for Part 3C to be completed. But do I then complete category F or G for this section? If I complete Category F(i) and input a figure of 90k, Category F (ii) then asks if it meets or exceeds the financial year requirement, which obviously it does. If it does, it then asks you to complete Part 3D 3.61-3.63. Why?

I want to base this application in terms of meeting the financial requirements with just my income before tax.

Any help guys would be much appreciated.

Guemlum

I can't remember all the different categories etc but my main piece of advice would be to get your accountant to do the job. I emailed the requirements to him and he provided a bound set of accounts and ordered the SA302.

UPDATE - I've just had a look at what I put as I did the same as you simply relying on my self employment income using nothing else. Category F.

I left 3.61-3.63 blank and the visa was successful.

9 minutes ago, Pat in Pattaya said:

Can't help with the question, but I've always thought if I was trying to get a settlement visa for my wife I would fork out for an agency so I know it's getting done properly and to ease the stress etc.

And if you pick the wrong agency it will add to the stress. There is no real reason to use an agency. A settlement visa is simpler process than a visit visa as you don't have to provide a reason to return. Most of the visa process is gathering the information together so, using and agency, you still have to do 95% of the work. May as well do the rest yourself with the help of forums like this one. If you have already successfully applied for a visit visa you will already have 90% of the info. In the OPs case as he is self employed an agency wouldn't be able to help much on the financial side at all unless they employed an accountant.

Edited by rasg
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, rasg said:

And if you pick the wrong agency it will add to the stress. There is no real reason to use an agency. A settlement visa is simpler process than a visit visa as you don't have to provide a reason to return. Most of the visa process is gathering the information together so, using and agency, you still have to do 95% of the work. May as well do the rest yourself with the help of forums like this one. If you have already successfully applied for a visit visa you will already have 90% of the info. In the OPs case as he is self employed an agency wouldn't be able to help much on the financial side at all unless they employed an accountant.

Fair enough. I thought it was an utter minefield. For the record, you would use a well recommended agency if you went down that road.

8 minutes ago, rasg said:

An OISC accredited agency should be the only agency that anybody should use should use. 90% of the agencies out there are cowboys.

There are only two OISC registered agents in Thailand (I believe). The forum sponsor is one of them.

• Like 1