What if I want to be outside of Thailand when my 1 year marriage extension is expiring?

Let's say I have to ask for another 1 year extensions of marriage visa before 20 June which will be under consideration until 20 July.

But what if I plant to leave Thailand before 20 June and return after 20 July (with re-entry permit). Will it expire and I will have to go through whole ordeal again from beginning?

Delay the trip if you can. If you cannot, then go - and return using a tourist Visa (real one, not an automatic on arrival), and then go to the local Office and submit an application for a new Marriage Extension  - plus take proof of the reason you had to leave the country at the 'wrong time'.

• Confused 3

14 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Delay the trip if you can. If you cannot, then go - and return using a tourist Visa (real one, not an automatic on arrival)......

He does not require a tourist visa.

Granted it's an option.

He can enter visa exempt. Clearly he would have everything in place to obtain the non O at Thai immigration.

With visa route he could apply for non O based on marriage if visiting home country. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, AnotherOneHere said:

Let's say I have to ask for another 1 year extensions of marriage visa before 20 June which will be under consideration until 20 July.

But what if I plant to leave Thailand before 20 June and return after 20 July (with re-entry permit). Will it expire and I will have to go through whole ordeal again from beginning?

You will also need to be at home, for the home visit, but you haven't mentioned what IO you use. 

Nothing in life is more important than the renewal date(s) of your visa. 
But if your need is so strong, then coming back on a tourist visa and restarting the marriage visa application process must be worth it. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/25/2024 at 7:27 AM, AnotherOneHere said:

Will it expire and I will have to go through whole ordeal again from beginning?

I never saw it any different anyway....meaning every marriage visa renewal was basically the whole ordeal again...same papers...same map to my house...same pics of us... Marriage Certificate, Marriage Registry entry, Wife's Tabbien Baan and ID Card, home visit (usually) yada yada yada

Edited by mania

If you have never extended your O visa you can pay for normal one month extension of 30 days 1900 baht. That will make your enewal due around 20 July. 

I was had a similar situation last year. The immigration officer said I could do this no problem but in the end I just accepted the under consideration block on travel and cancelled my plans.

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, CNXBKKMAN said:

If you have never extended your O visa you can pay for normal one month extension of 30 days 1900 baht. That will make your enewal due around 20 July. 

You can only obtain a 12 month extension to your permission of stay  or 60 day extension to visit wife. 

On 5/27/2024 at 11:25 AM, DrJack54 said:

You can only obtain a 12 month extension to your permission of stay  or 60 day extension to visit wife. 

Chiang Mai immigration offered me a one month extension to my marriage renewal last year. The Immigration officer said because I had never made a one month extension to my o visa, just yearly marriage extensions, I could so it. 

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, CNXBKKMAN said:

Chiang Mai immigration offered me a one month extension to my marriage renewal last year. The Immigration officer said because I had never made a one month extension to my o visa, just yearly marriage extensions, I could so it. 

Think they meant 60 day extension.

The 60 day extension to visit wife can be used once. 

• Like 1