"Hey teacher, leave them kids alone!" - Thai teachers slammed over "bizarre" hair punishment

rooster59

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, manhood said:

I would not let a teacher touch my son in a way to give him a "haircut" or anything else like that: awfull behavior and i can't understand parents let this happen to their children!!!!!!!!!!

If you think it do not mean anything harmfull to the children...: it harms them a lot even they won't show it!!!!!!!!!!

Get rid off all these teachers and parents should know mand learn more about effecting punishment to the children....

Driving a car needs a licence: raising childen as parents or teachers needs nothing! Too bad!

time to teach the teachers to many idiots among them

I agree.

No need for such conduct. Bloody disgrace.

These times are not the dark the ages!

Bloody power crazy idiots.

Its simply a reflection of how depraved so called professional people plus private individuals are, when they force their hidden weaknesses and insecurities on those they consider under them, lower than them, the weak ones, where in fact, they are the low life!

7 hours ago, rooster59 said:

To be a person in authority and break the law like this would ultimately result in only one thing - students breaking the law themselves.

Finally an explanation as to why officials break the law here. Who would have thunk 

What a jerk, the teacher boasting about his juvenile bullying behaviour in public. For children to truly understand and develop respect for others, they have to be exposed to exemplary behaviour by authority figures in their lives.  What sort of society does this idiot teacher envisage for youngsters to look forward to? His actions constitute assault in any court in a civlised society.

If they did that to my kid I'd be all over them like a chicken on a bug.

They ruled a few years back that a boys hair can be longer as along it is tidy and girls can have ponytails. It just some schools that won't change their additude.

Don't bite me head off; don't support this as a practice.  Just adding it is common practice at my location, but not to this extent.  Thai teachers will just give the current unacceptable hairdo a buzz in the wrong direction that encourages another hair cut that meets dress code requirements.  Nothing new that didn't happen to me in the 60s, but I hated it then and don't see the need now.

28 minutes ago, pentap said:

I agree.

Its simply a reflection of how depraved so called professional people plus private individuals are, when they force their hidden weaknesses and insecurities on those they consider under them, lower than them, the weak ones, where in fact, they are the low life!

And no comment from the minister, who in most countries would have commented quickly and made it very clear this is not OK and in fact is breaking law, and ensured substantive action was taken against the teacher concerned. 

This is simply the latest in a seemingly endless series of incidents which demonstrate the need for fundamental rather than cosmetic changes in the Thai educational system.

While parents remain supine in the face of assaults on children - which this, technically at least, is - teachers will continue to behave badly with impunity.

When one of my kids was caned without my consent, I brandished a copy of the law against corporal punishment in schools in the astonished headmaster's face and threatened to take the governors to court.

He eventually grudging apologised, as did the sadistic little runt who wielded the rod.

If more parents did the same, we might save a lot of kids from being assaulted - and in some instances seriously injured - by the very people who should be teaching them that violence has no place in a civilised society.

Edited by Krataiboy
errors

3 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

I think people read too much into it... psychological damage....lol

thai kids are a bit more resilient than that. It's no more than a "get your hair cut" thing..... the kids know it. 

No. It's much more than that. 

1 hour ago, Fulwell53 said:

Here we go another gross oversimplification based on nothing more than disquiet and/or discontent with one's lot in life.

Yeah....ahm...I read about 10 years of Thai Visa and usually, teachers get away with A LOT of $h1t!

And I guess, you know that as well, but someone has to be the Thai-apologist, I guess!

Thailand has such low standards in everything.

Low standards for teachers, police, officials, politicians, hi-sos, pretties, superstars, public transport drivers, etc.  The list is endless.

Oh, I forgot... military too.

Thailand, HUB of low standards.

8 hours ago, rooster59 said:

He also said that the shame of such draconian punishment could well make children withdrawn and suffer from psychological problems both at school and in later life.

That'll explain all the loonies running around Thailand killing their women, driving like lunatics, having fragile ego's and all the other crazy stuff, all because of a damned haircut. :whistling:

1 hour ago, pentap said:

I agree.

Power trip.

1 hour ago, sandemara said:

What a jerk, the teacher boasting about his juvenile bullying behaviour in public. For children to truly understand and develop respect for others, they have to be exposed to exemplary behaviour by authority figures in their lives.  What sort of society does this idiot teacher envisage for youngsters to look forward to? His actions constitute assault in any court in a civlised society.

Your statement is really a serious one. It makes me think that terrorism takes many forms and levels. 

10 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

thai kids are a bit more resilient than that. It's no more than a "get your hair cut" thing..... the kids know it. 

No, it's called 'assault'. If the kid does not want to follow the haircut code of the school that's fine, he can be politely asked to comply with the rules or find another school. That's how real, ethical teachers deal with it.

Now you can see why many children are so fragile because too many teachers are thugs the way they treat the children by draconian discipline.

Try that in the UK my friend and your teaching days would be over and to to prison you would go for many years.

Smug B wants taking behind the bikeshed and would be here that is for sure.

Standards here are dropping by the day thanks to the greens.

Kids should be allowed to have hair they way they want. Instead, actually fail students and make them repeat the year when they can't pass. Thais are obsessed with the way things appear and don't care about substance...."as long as it looks good"...is all that matters. I know not all Thais think like that, but the attitude is prevalent here. 

11 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

Thai kids grow up to be Thai adults. Have you been reading the stories on here about Thai adults.

Resilient isn't a word I would use to describe them.