Do you think Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?

Scott

Do you believe Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?  

511 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

Him being a liar is what could get him impeached.  Comey, Flynn, Russian ambassador, etc.  All of which he lied about.  These things take time....

Anyway, amazing you support him so strongly.  You've still not told us what he's accomplished so far.

If the thread was about what he accomplished I would discuss that.  However this thread is about what it takes to get a President impeached.  Lying under oath is one way democratic Presidents bit the dirt but as far as I know Trump has not lied under oath since he has been President. 

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

Make a truthful post and be polite to others and you don't get into trouble.  Not hard to follow those rules.

So ya got nothing.  Again. 

Seriously.  I hear this all the time from Trump supporters, what great things he's done.  I'm desperately trying to find just one significant piece of legislation he's passed?  What has he done?  I'm all ears....or eyeballs in this case. LOL

2 hours ago, heybruce said:

"Has he committed any high crimes or misdemeanors? "

As I explained in an earlier post, "high crimes and misdemeanors" are whatever Congress decides they are.  If Mueller gets into Trump's financial records, which seems likely, I'm sure he'll find things that make the millions of money laundering and tax evasion that Manafort is accused of look trivial.

"Is it a crime to ask a foreign government if they know anything bad about a rival?"

Yes.  Accepting any material assistance from a foreign government to further an election campaign is illegal.

"Who paid the Russians for the Steele dossier?"

Nobody.  First a Republican candidate, then the DNC, then the Justice Department paid GPS Fusion for research.

The Bill, Hillary & Chelsea Clinton Foundation has received millions from foreign governments including Qatar, a prominent backer of Hamas. Recent donors include the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Australia, Germany and a Canadian government agency promoting the Keystone XL pipeline.   Qatar’s government $250,000 and $500,000 in 2014. Qatar’s government had previously donated between $1 million and $5 million.  I think it's quite common.  It Trump got anything it was advice or another government helped the USA recover mistakenly thrown away emails.   I've heard no mention of cash have you?

Sorry one statement confuses me.  You wrote, "Who paid the Russians for the Steele dossier?" Nobody.  Then you wrote "a Republican candidate, then the DNC, then the Justice Department paid"  Which is it?  

Edited by amvet

3 minutes ago, amvet said:

The Bill, Hillary & Chelsea Clinton Foundation has received millions from foreign governments including Qatar, a prominent backer of Hamas. Recent donors include the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Australia, Germany and a Canadian government agency promoting the Keystone XL pipeline.   Qatar’s government $250,000 and $500,000 in 2014. Qatar’s government had previously donated between $1 million and $5 million.  I think it's quite common.  It Trump got anything it was advice or another government helped the USA recover mistakenly thrown away emails.   I've heard no mention of cash have you?

Sorry one statement confuses me.  You wrote, "Who paid the Russians for the Steele dossier?" Nobody.  Then you wrote "a Republican candidate, then the DNC, then the Justice Department paid"  Which is it?  

Are you purposely trying to be confused? Nobody paid the Russians for the Steele Dossier. Free Beacon then some Democratic organizations paid Fusion GPS for the Dossier.

21 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Are you purposely trying to be confused? Nobody paid the Russians for the Steele Dossier. Free Beacon then some Democratic organizations paid Fusion GPS for the Dossier.

DNC paid Fusion.  Who did Fusion Pay?  I'll save you some time.  Fusion paid Orbis and Orbis paid high level Russian ex generals with close ties to the Kremlin.  If you follow the money.  The DNC paid Russia for dirt on Trump now being used to try and impeach him.   https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/03/how-the-explosive-russian-dossier-was-compiled-christopher-steele

Edited by amvet

3 hours ago, amvet said:

On May 27,1997  the Supreme Court unanimously ruled against Clinton and Jones trial went ahead.  Clinton Impeachment Dec 19, 1998 – Feb 12, 1999.  Is a year a long time?  Clinton did not get Impeached for exposing himself to her.  He got impeached for lying under oath while he was President.  Nixon had to resign because he directed the coverup of a burglary when he was President.  Neither offense took place long before Clinton and Nixon were Presidents.  What has Trump done since he was President that is an impeachable offense?  Simple question and topic of this thread.

Well for one, many legal scholars think he already could be impeached for obstruction of justice. And if removed from office, prosecuted for the same.

Edited by ilostmypassword

20 minutes ago, amvet said:

DNC paid Fusion.  Who did Fusion Pay?

Fusion paid their staff, some of whom spent some of the money on vodka and caviar which provided income for a Putin crony engaged in vodka and caviar manufacturing.

1 minute ago, ilostmypassword said:

Well for one, many legal scholars think he already could be prosecuted for obstruction of justice.

Go for it.  You are only going to get one chance.  Nancy Pelosi has discussed the strategy broadly in recent leadership and caucus meetings, urging members to avoid talk of impeachment.  I imagine you will see this thread closing soon.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/01/trump-impeachment-talk-pelosi-244336

3 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

Fusion paid their staff, some of whom spent some of the money on vodka and caviar which provided income for a Putin crony engaged in vodka and caviar manufacturing.

Fusion GPS’ statement said it had told Congress about how $168,000 was paid last year to Orbis Business Intelligence, Steele’s company.

The money paid to Orbis was taken from $1.02 million it received in fees and expenses from the Perkins Coie law firm, the statement said. The law firm represented the Democratic National Committee and Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-dossier/ex-british-spy-paid-168000-for-trump-dossier-u-s-firm-discloses-idUSKBN1D15XH

Go for it.  You are only going to get one chance.  Nancy Pelosi has discussed the strategy broadly in recent leadership and caucus meetings, urging members to avoid talk of impeachment.  I imagine you will see this thread closing soon.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/01/trump-impeachment-talk-pelosi-244336

When Nancy Pelosi is placed in charge of the investigation, your point will be relevant. Until then, I don't see why Pelosi's theory of the case is anything special.. We do know that Mueller requested a copy of the first draft of the order firing Comey.

11 minutes ago, amvet said:

Fusion GPS’ statement said it had told Congress about how $168,000 was paid last year to Orbis Business Intelligence, Steele’s company.

The money paid to Orbis was taken from $1.02 million it received in fees and expenses from the Perkins Coie law firm, the statement said. The law firm represented the Democratic National Committee and Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-dossier/ex-british-spy-paid-168000-for-trump-dossier-u-s-firm-discloses-idUSKBN1D15XH

Yes, but who did Orbis pay? And is Perkins Coie even a law firm, or are they a Russian dance troup posing as a law firm, Hmm?

38 minutes ago, amvet said:

DNC paid Fusion.  Who did Fusion Pay?  I'll save you some time.  Fusion paid Orbis and Orbis paid high level Russian ex generals with close ties to the Kremlin.  If you follow the money.  The DNC paid Russia for dirt on Trump now being used to try and impeach him.   People like Ivanka Trump do not have a god given right to instant Israeli citizenship and a land package on stolen Palestinian land, while Palestinian refugees are forbidden from returning to their confiscated homes for which many still have the keys. 

But these Russian generals were private citizens and were providing information about the Russian government. So this is no sense collluding with the Russian government.

1 minute ago, Thakkar said:

Yes, but who did Orbis pay? And is Perkins Coie even a law firm, or are they a Russian dance troup posing as a law firm, Hmm?

It's in the link I posted.  That's why I posted it.  Orbis paid high level Russian ex generals with close ties to the Kremlin.  If you follow the money.  The DNC paid Russia for dirt on Trump now being used to try and impeach him.  

21 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

obstruction of justice

If the president is shown to have pardoned people to avoid his own personal exposure in the Russia investigation, that in and of itself could constitute obstruction of justice.

https://www.vox.com/2017/8/29/16211784/trump-pardon-mueller-constitution-russia

Again potentially impeachable.

9 minutes ago, amvet said:

It's in the link I posted.  That's why I posted it.  Orbis paid high level Russian ex generals with close ties to the Kremlin.  If you follow the money.  The DNC paid Russia for dirt on Trump now being used to try and impeach him.  

No, Orbis did not pay Russia. It paid a few Russian ex generals who divulged information that their government would rather that they hadn't.

Edited by ilostmypassword

11 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

If the president is shown to have pardoned people to avoid his own personal exposure in the Russia investigation, that in and of itself could constitute obstruction of justice.

https://www.vox.com/2017/8/29/16211784/trump-pardon-mueller-constitution-russia

Again potentially impeachable.

I guess you aren't an American.  Better check your facts.

9 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

No, Orbis did not pay Russia. It paid a few Russian ex generals who divulged information that their government would rather that they hadn't.

Russian generals were not Russia but Russian hackers were Russia.  Do you get my point?  I can make a prosecutors case either way.  They got the Greek guy didn't they?

7 minutes ago, amvet said:

A more pertinent question than who paid for it is what that dirt is, whether it is true and whether it shows Trump to be unfit for the job.

Also, there is no impeachment process. There is an on-going investigation and the dossier is merely a part of that investigation. Some of that investigation was underway before the election and has now been folded into the Mueller investigation. Similarly other investigations of a financial nature were also underway before the election and have now been folded into the Mueller investigation. Money, power, politics and motives are closely tied and money can be followed, so that seems logical.

what seems clear at this point is that:

The Russians did intervene;

That even if they did not favor Trump, did want to harm Hillary;

That only the Trump campaign had multiple contacts with Russians;

That these were high level contacts including the campaign chairman, the candidate’s son, son-in-Law and the candidate’s first and most prominent senate backer, Jeff Sessions and future Nat’l Security Advisor Flynn;

That they ALL first failed to disclose, then lied about those contacts, again and again.

12 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

While that may be true, I'm struggling to find any mention of it in the article the poster linked as evidence.

7 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

A more pertinent question than who paid for it is what that dirt is, whether it is true and whether it shows Trump to be unfit for the job.

Also, there is no impeachment process. There is an on-going investigation and the dossier is merely a part of that investigation. Some of that investigation was underway before the election and has now been folded into the Mueller investigation. Similarly other investigations of a financial nature were also underway before the election and have now been folded into the Mueller investigation. Money, power, politics and motives are closely tied and money can be followed, so that seems logical.

what seems clear at this point is that:

The Russians did intervene;

That even if they did not favor Trump, did want to harm Hillary;

That only the Trump campaign had multiple contacts with Russians;

That these were high level contacts including the campaign chairman, the candidate’s son, son-in-Law and the candidate’s first and most prominent senate backer, Jeff Sessions and future Nat’l Security Advisor Flynn;

That they ALL first failed to disclose, then lied about those contacts, again and again.

Did the DNC mention paying for the pee pee Steele dossier put together by Russian generals?  Was the dirt on Clinton the fact that she destroyed emails that the Justice department required her to keep and stored emails on an insecure server and computer?  

Did the Russians (Proved) plant any false news stories?  What were they?  I don't think the Russians did anything.  The FBI is trying to cover their incompetent buttocks. 

5 minutes ago, amvet said:

Ah- thank you. I thought you were referring to the Reuters article that you linked.  I will have a read of this when I have a little time, but I note that it is dated April 2017, which does remind me that none of this is new news and has been general knowledge for a long time.  So why are the GOP suddenly going on about it again now?  Deflection pure and simple.

Edited by Slip

12 minutes ago, Slip said:

Ah- thank you. I thought you were referring to the Reuters article that you linked.  I will have a read of this when I have a little time, but I note that it is dated April 2017, which does remind me that none of this is new news and has been general knowledge for a long time.  So why are the GOP suddenly going on about it again now?  Deflection pure and simple.

I think they just found out that the DNC paid for it.

28 minutes ago, amvet said:

You know when I make an assertion from a source, I actually quote the supporting passage rather than expecting a reader to plod all the way through an article to find or not to find confirmation.

1 minute ago, ilostmypassword said:

You know when I make an assertion from a source, I actually quote the supporting passage rather than expecting a reader to plod all the way through an article to find or not to find confirmation.

You're nicer than I am. 

Just now, amvet said:

You're nicer than I am. 

You're nicer than I am. 

Maybe not. I found the passage. And contrary to your assertion that Russia was paid, it seems that one general suspected of being the source wound up suspiciously dead. And 3 other persons involved in the Cyber wing of Russia's intelligence service were arrested and charged with treason. And you call this paying Russia?