Do you think Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?

Scott

Do you believe Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?  

511 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, opalred said:

where do you think kushner has a holiday home

wouldn't be a country that has no extradition agreement with us

5 minutes ago, Meljames said:

Israel comes to mind. 

I just googled "Kushner holiday home in Israel" and variants of that and came up with blanks. You got some evidence? The demerits against Kushner are so numerous that there's really no need to invent them. Unless you've got some other agenda that has nothing to do with Trump's impeachment.

11 minutes ago, Jsinbkk said:

Keep dreaming but honestly there is no way the Dems will overturn the election with this stuff. 

What you need need is a viable candidate with a message that connects to voters on a national scale. Got one?  I don't see it. 

I'm afraid you're right. My best hope is still that he drops from a massive heart attach from all the McD burgers. If that happens then the democratic nations of the world should mark that date with annual celebrations focusing on how democracy can be taken away from us if enough people are apathetic towards the governance of their countries.

Part of the celebrations should be a massive hacker attack on Russian government websites done by Western "patriots" just to remind Putin who's boss.

17 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Kamala Harris

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Hahahahahaha!  Willy Brown's old love bunny!

if you think anybody between Fresno and Charlestown is going to vote for her you got much bigger problems than even I thought. 

1 hour ago, ilostmypassword said:

I just googled "Kushner holiday home in Israel" and variants of that and came up with blanks. You got some evidence? The demerits against Kushner are so numerous that there's really no need to invent them. Unless you've got some other agenda that has nothing to do with Trump's impeachment.

Is that your twin brother that wrote the post? How uncharacteristically sensitive of you. The moment I read Meljames' post I saw the humour in it. So what happened to you today?

5 hours ago, Meljames said:

Israel comes to mind. 

He's a wealthy orthodox Jew. Many American Jews have property in Israel and travel regularly there. I'd say all American Jews have relatives there even if they don't know them.  So I don't see it is as relevant whether Kushner has property there or not. I would kind of expect him to, but I don't know. I don't think this is very relevant to his culpability in the Mueller investigation. There's nothing illegal about any kind of American owning real estate in Israel.

I see there is a reference to Kushner maybe skipping the country to avoid prosecution. Yeah, maybe. Any American with a passport can do that. Doesn't Paraguay sell passports for 5,000 dollars? That's why passports are often confiscated when there are such flight risks. 

Edited by Jingthing

Yes, it's real, Mueller is really closing in, and there definitely is a reality behind the trump campaign -- Russia connection.

But it's probably premature to be very optimistic about all this.

It may indeed be TOO LATE.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/jurisprudence/2017/12/is_it_too_late_for_robert_mueller_to_save_us.html

Maybe it’s too late in the slide toward authoritarianism for any major legal outcome to change the game.

Yesterday was the both the best and worst day for trump in his presidency.

The tax bill win (and huge loss for most Americans) and also Mueller closing in on him.

To add, there is so much stealth BAD STUFF in this "tax" bill it really isn't funny.

Such as a 25 billion dollar cut to Medicare. Yes, I said Medicare not Medicaid. That too. 

Thinking of the older white guys on Medicare that thought trump was going to be good for them. Ha!

That's a next step for them ... totally destroying Obamacare of course but also aggressively going after Medicare and social security even beyond the 25 billion already that will be triggered by the "tax" bill. It's more of a social change bill that makes a very bad inequality situation much much worse. 
To those that think this all is still better than Hillary Clinton would have been, I think you're basically nuts. 

Edited by Jingthing

30 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The tax bill win (and huge loss for most Americans) and also Mueller closing in on him.

To add, there is so much stealth BAD STUFF in this "tax" bill it really isn't funny.

Such as a 25 billion dollar cut to Medicare. Yes, I said Medicare not Medicaid. That too. 

Thinking of the older white guys on Medicare that thought trump was going to be good for them. Ha!

That's a next step for them ... totally destroying Obamacare of course but also aggressively going after Medicare and social security even beyond the 25 billion already that will be triggered by the "tax" bill. It's more of a social change bill that makes a very bad inequality situation much much worse. 
To those that think this all is still better than Hillary Clinton would have been, I think you're basically nuts. 

Add to this the blatant hypocrisy of, once again, going from "deficits will ruin the country" to "deficits don't matter".  Many are still insisting that the tax cuts will pay for themselves, without offering any proof or historical examples (there is no proof and the historical examples show that tax cuts lead to increases in the deficit.  Duh!)

In spite of this, people who want to be fooled will allow themselves to be fooled.  Trump won't lose his core support.

watch/ 3 charges will come up collusion money laundering and traitor to the  country kushner will disappear  to another country trumps and family will go for a small charges  in exchanges to leave on health grounds and never re enter politics 

I seriously doubt Kushner will do a runner. He's got nowhere to go, if it comes to this. Well, except perhaps Russia, and I can't really see any upside to it from their point of view. If push comes to shove, FiL can issue a pardon on his way out. But for that to happen, things need to be out there first.

Wonder if what Flynn gave is enough for Mueller and his team to wrap things up. If not, then it's a good question whether Kushner is considered a prime target or another candidate for turning. Quite dramatic either way.....

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Well look at the good side. Less the crooks can steal

https://www.economist.com/news/united-states/21603078-why-thieves-love-americas-health-care-system-272-billion-swindle

I seriously doubt Kushner will do a runner. He's got nowhere to go, if it comes to this. Well, except perhaps Russia, and I can't really see any upside to it from their point of view. If push comes to shove, FiL can issue a pardon on his way out. But for that to happen, things need to be out there first.

Wonder if what Flynn gave is enough for Mueller and his team to wrap things up. If not, then it's a good question whether Kushner is considered a prime target or another candidate for turning. Quite dramatic either way.....

Indeed. It's getting Shakespearean now. Remember Jared's father was already a Jailbird and he didn't run. But if Jared has serious charges his only choice is spilling on the clown potus. His wife's Daddy. Wow!

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Indeed. It's getting Shakespearean now. Remember Jared's father was already a Jailbird and he didn't run. But if Jared has serious charges his only choice is spilling on the clown potus. His wife's Daddy. Wow!

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Na, ain't guna happen

http://fortune.com/2017/12/01/michael-flynn-guilty-plea-donald-trump-watergate/?xid=gn_editorspicks&google_editors_picks=true

35 minutes ago, Morch said:

Trump can pre-pardon.  He did it with Arpaio, the corrupt head cop in Arizona.  Trump's last day in office will be very interesting.  Similarly, but to a lesser extent, Trump's first month outside the WH will be interesting.  There will likely be indictments up the kazoo, but Trump has had decades learning how to skirt around and ignore indictments.  

6 minutes ago, Jsinbkk said:

Na, ain't guna happen

Could happen.  Self-preservation is a strong impulse.  

Note: Jared and Ivanka have ties to Azerbaijan, which allegedly involves investment money from Iran's Revolutionary Guard.  The plot could thicken.

@boomerangutang

As I understand it Trump can go for an early pardon (in Kushner's case, for example) but that would not necessarily cover all possible charges Mueller and his team may bring against Kushner. Sort of like a one shot pistol. And then there could be state charges, rather than federal, which I'm not sure Trump can do away with that easily.

2 minutes ago, Morch said:

@boomerangutang

As I understand it Trump can go for an early pardon (in Kushner's case, for example) but that would not necessarily cover all possible charges Mueller and his team may bring against Kushner. Sort of like a one shot pistol. And then there could be state charges, rather than federal, which I'm not sure Trump can do away with that easily.

As far as state charges go, Trump can't do away with them at all.

2 minutes ago, Morch said:

@boomerangutang

good points.  I've heard that indeed, state charges can't be pardoned away by the dufus in chief.

Also:  all this talk about Flynn coping to a lesser charge.  Everyone thinks, "ah, now he's going to tell the truth and spill some beans."   Yes, he may tell some true things, just like all the law-breakers around Trump say truthful things, after the major news media come up with tapes/proofs and such.   But Flynn, like Manafort, Trumps Jr and Sr and all the others, will only tell as much truth as they have to.  As much as possible, they're going to keep hiding behind walls of lies.   Trump's whole career rests on lies.   He only wants lying people around him.

Additionally, will Flynn's paltry charge (lying to FBI) preclude more serious charges later?  I don't think so, and that's wishful thinking on my part.

I heard today (online interview) from a former CIA chief who worked closely with Flynn over the past 10 years, that Flynn became angry and vengeful after being dropped by the Obama administration.  That would partly explain why Flynn has been acting like such a whacko Trump fan in the past 20 months or so.  He's angry at the establishment.  That, plus he saw ways to make tens of millions of easy money (from Turkey and others), so he went the route of Manafort and Trump, and became a bad boy.  Now his karma has come back to bite him on the ass, along with his son.

3 hours ago, Jsinbkk said:

Yes, some people take advantage of government programs.  Some people take advantage of insurance programs.  Some people take advantage of disaster relief and humanitarian programs.  Some people take advantage of honest businesses to steal.  Some people use romance to take advantage of the lonely.

Shall we stop being human because some people are bad people?

7 hours ago, heybruce said:

Add to this the blatant hypocrisy of, once again, going from "deficits will ruin the country" to "deficits don't matter".  Many are still insisting that the tax cuts will pay for themselves, without offering any proof or historical examples (there is no proof and the historical examples show that tax cuts lead to increases in the deficit.  Duh!)

In spite of this, people who want to be fooled will allow themselves to be fooled.  Trump won't lose his core support.

The whole tax reform process is mired in untruths. Yeah the putative corporate tax rate is 35% but the effective tax rate paid by S&P 500 companies is more like 23%-24%. Many companies like Amazon, Boeing, Citigroup, AIG, GE , Energy companies pay anywhere from less than 10% to negative rates (tax credit beneficiaries).  It really comes down to what deductions and loopholes are eliminated and I read very little detailing what that might be or even if it occured. They had the inheritance tax pretty right prior to this so that shouldn't have been messed with. S Corp and LLC pass through corps needed some help IMO. Medicare could easily lose 25 billion if measures to reduce fraud and unnecessary services are addressed. I don't see much real reform here.

Oops!

President Donald Trump's tweet on Saturday about firing Michael Flynn from his position as national security adviser is garnering a lot of attention from critics -- with some calling it a possible admission of obstruction of justice.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/12/02/politics/trump-tweet-flynn-firing-fbi-reaction/index.html

23 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

So the Trump administration distanced themselves from Papadopulos, saying he was a minor player. How will they distance themselves from General Flynn? <snip>

They are saying “Flynn was a former Obama official”

While true, it’s like saying Charles Manson was a former musciaion, skipping over the whole murdery cult part.

On Friday, December 01, 2017 at 9:20 PM, Berkshire said:

...or maybe something else. 

[Donald Trump is suffering from psychopathy and has a mental state that poses an “enormous present danger”, a clinical psychiatrist has said. 

The US President has psychosis and is “a very sick man”, said Dr Lance Dodes, a former assistant professor of clinical psychiatry at Harvard Medical School who now works for the Boston Psychoanalytic Society and Institute.]

[“The simple explanation for it, which people don’t want to hear, is that he’s not in control of himself. This is what we mean when we say that somebody is becoming psychotic or is briefly psychotic."

[He added: “All of his delusional ideas come up when he is stressed in some way, and then he loses track of reality because it doesn’t fit what he needs to believe.”

Dr Dodes said it was “an extremely dangerous thing” for a position of power to be held by someone who “appears so wantonly unconcerned about the welfare of others and willing to do anything to promote himself”.]

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-psychopath-psychosis-mental-health-danger-us-president-goldwater-rule-psychiatrist-a8084726.html

Dr?? Dodes has made an assessment without actually meeting the person he's assessed.  He's a disgrace to his profession and I Imagine the professional body will be having some face to face time with him.

Ridiculous!

What Dr Dodes failed to mention was his political affiliation....democrat.

Edited by F4UCorsair

16 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

Dr?? Dodes has made an assessment without actually meeting the person he's assessed.  He's a disgrace to his profession and I Imagine the professional body will be having some face to face time with him.

Ridiculous!

What Dr Dodes failed to mention was his political affiliation....democrat.

I guess it is up to lay persons to state the obvious.

What did the "president" know and when did he know it?

"president" in quotes because it's obvious that the deranged trump troll should have never held the office that he's so dedicated to dragging in the gutter.

Impeachment anyone?

Louis: It's time to start talking about impeachment

Expect to hear more tough talk like that from Democrats -- and more pressure on Pelosi and other national Democratic leaders to speak the truth about what everybody now knows: People at the highest level of the Trump campaign, transition and administration have been lying about their connections and conversations with Russia.

That's going to be a potent issue in the 2018 elections, no matter how many politicians try to tell us there's nothing to see here.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/12/01/opinions/its-time-to-start-talking-about-impeachment-louis/index.html

Edited by Jingthing