Do you think Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?

Scott

Do you believe Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?  

511 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The situation is so much different than when this poll topic was first started and the voting was closed.

Now there has already been so much already discovered about the connections between Russia and people close to trump.

No smoking gun as yet but so so much smoke!

Therefore given this radically different situation from back then but still no certainty that trump will be impeached or forced to resign, I have a modest proposal.

I suggest this thread be closed and reopened with a very similar poll question with a one month limit on voting.

If impeachment or resignation happens it isn't likely to occur within one month.

With a new fresh CURRENT poll with the same question we can see if there is change in the results and if so how big a change.

Do people like this idea?

Of course it's something that can only be done by moderation people.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The situation is so much different than when this poll topic was first started and the voting was closed.

Now there has already been so much already discovered about the connections between Russia and people close to trump.

No smoking gun as yet but so so much smoke!

Therefore given this radically different situation from back then but still no certainty that trump will be impeached or forced to resign, I have a modest proposal.

I suggest this thread be closed and reopened with a very similar poll question with a one month limit on voting.

If impeachment or resignation happens it isn't likely to occur within one month.

With a new fresh CURRENT poll with the same question we can see if there is change in the results and if so how big a change.

Do people like this idea?

Of course it's something that can only be done by moderation people.

I think all discussion of the orange buffoon should be shut down!

Rather that asking will he be impeached, the better question would be should he be impeached, I think most everyone here can agree on that!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Good point! Could be a two part poll question. No problem to set it up that way. Should he be AND will he be ...

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Good point! Could be a two part poll question. No problem to set it up that way. Should he be AND will he be ...

I would like some more parts to the new poll

"Do you think Donald Trump committed the statutory rape of a 13 year old"? - 1)Yes, 2) No, 3) It was just locker room behaviour?

" Do you think Donald Trump has ever turned his clear Incestuous desires into reality"? 1) Yes, 2) obviously, 3) do bears crap in the woods?

Lets get some quality info out on the POTUS. If special council can use the current investigation to determine the answers to the two questions above I will buy him beers forever.

Ooh another nice poll would be "Do you think Donald Trump really has a higher IQ than Rex Tillerson"? 1) No, 2) Don't be stupid, 3) You have more chance of platting fog.

"Do you think Donald Trump actually knows what IQ stands for"? 1) No, 2) No, 3) No. 4) Sorry I am a Trump supporter, what does it stand for?

Edited by Andaman Al

9 hours ago, F4UCorsair said:

Dr?? Dodes has made an assessment without actually meeting the person he's assessed.

This may be a shock to you (but as you just had 28 Billion wiped off Medicare in the tax cuts without anyone being told about it - get used to it), there is an entire industry out there now where medical practitioner's conduct diagnosis' of just about anything on the internet. You pay them, they diagnose. FACT! There are even Doctors who will advise on surgery over the internet. Psychological diagnosis' are carried out online also, so really with all the observational material available on Donald Trump is it easy for a professional to make a diagnosis? - You bet your bottom dollar it is. Donald is a screw ball, thousands of Doctors think so. I have not seen thousands of Doctors sign any petition saying he is sane.

3 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

This may be a shock to you (but as you just had 28 Billion wiped off Medicare in the tax cuts without anyone being told about it - get used to it), there is an entire industry out there now where medical practitioner's conduct diagnosis' of just about anything on the internet. You pay them, they diagnose. FACT! There are even Doctors who will advise on surgery over the internet. Psychological diagnosis' are carried out online also, so really with all the observational material available on Donald Trump is it easy for a professional to make a diagnosis? - You bet your bottom dollar it is. Donald is a screw ball, thousands of Doctors think so. I have not seen thousands of Doctors sign any petition saying he is sane.

Probably not your intention but you made a pretty good argument for paring Medicare to stem abuses of the system.

10 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

Probably not your intention but you made a pretty good argument for paring Medicare to stem abuses of the system.

The US medical system has been abused by big pharma and providers of medical services for many decades. There is no disputing that. No point cutting the budget until you reform the way in which big pharma/hospitals/Doctors charge patients. An entire culture change is needed. I mean seriously just look at how many Americans take medication for something. Apart from requiring antibiotics now and then, I have never required any form of 'medication' in my life. Same as most Brits I think.

Well it seems like Donnie just isn't getting good advice. I wonder if his lawyer will say that he is responsible for Trumps latest twitter melt down.

Trump, Defending Himself After Flynn Guilty Plea, Says F.B.I. Is in ‘Tatters’

Trump just can't help himself. At what point will he realise that trashing the men and women responsible for investigating crime is not a cool idea when you are probably guilty of more federal crime yourself than the people in an entire neighbourhood.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/03/us/politics/trump-fbi-tatters.html

In a series of early-morning tweets, Mr. Trump said the F.B.I.’s standing was now the “worst in history.” The attack was one of the harshest in a generation on an independent agency that two days earlier had helped secure a guilty plea and a pledge of cooperation from the president’s first national security adviser.

Current and former F.B.I. officials, historians and lawmakers rebuked the president over his efforts to undermine the F.B.I.’s credibility as it investigates whether his campaign colluded with Russian officials to sway the 2016 election. A president who has positioned himself as devoted to law and order is now in a public dispute with the country’s top law enforcement agents.

Thomas O’Connor, the president of the association representing F.B.I. agents, defended their integrity in a statement. “F.B.I. agents are dedicated to their mission,” he said, asserting that they demonstrated “unwavering integrity and professionalism” on the job. “Suggesting otherwise is simply false,” he added.

It really is worth a read and should give most on here a good chuckle.

With Trumps recent statements that the Access Hollywood tapes were probably fake and he didn't really say 'Grab em by the pussy', I was wondering how long it would be before this chap spoke out  :cheesy:

Billy Bush: It was Trump's voice on "Access Hollywood" tape

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-billybush/billy-bush-it-was-trumps-voice-on-access-hollywood-tape-idUSKBN1DY07N?feedType=RSS&feedName=politicsNews&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Reuters%2FPoliticsNews+(Reuters+Politics+News)

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Former NBC television host Billy Bush accused U.S. President Donald Trump of “indulging in some revisionist history” for reportedly telling allies it was not his voice making lewd remarks as the men waited to film a segment for “Access Hollywood” in 2005.

“He said it. ‘Grab ’em by the pussy,'” Bush wrote in an editorial published in the New York Times on Sunday. 

It really is as funny as hell, especially if you are an outside observer.

I had a conference call with some folks in the US yesterday morning and the subject eventually got on to current US politics (brought up by the American businessman) and he was saying how utterly depressing and soul destroying it was living under Trump. I kind of felt for him - for a nanosecond. Trump keeps on inviting people to punch him and he has no sense in stopping.

As a lesson in the importance of democracy and the democratic process, America has learned an important and painful lesson and has gotten everything it deserved. Now Trump is going to get everything he deserves.

This is interesting.

Diane Feinstein, the highly respected and somewhat moderate democrat/foreign policy hawkish senior politician who up to recently has basically angered the more resistance focused faction of her party saying she doesn't see anything impeachable, well, now she does. I think this is significant that it's coming from her. 

Dianne Feinstein Sees Possible Obstruction of Justice Case Against Trump on the Horizon

Sen. Dianne Feinstein from California revealed Sunday that the Senate investigation into Russian involvement in the 2016 presidential election could very well translate into an obstruction of justice case against President Donald Trump. “I think what we're beginning to see is the putting together of a case of obstruction of justice,” Feinstein said on NBC’s Meet the Press. “I think we see this in the four indictments and pleas that have just taken place, and some of the comments being made. I see it in the hyper-frenetic attitude of the White House, the comments every day, the continual tweets.”

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/12/03/dianne_feinstein_sees_possible_obstruction_of_justice_case_against_trump.html

Edited by Jingthing

I've been out of the loop for 24 hrs, traveling in Burma.  I wondered what Trump would do, as he's been known to shit on his shoes at least one time each 24 hours.  Jingthing brought my attention to Trump dissing the FBI.  I haven't yet checked Youtube.  Surely there's a wealth of commentary there. 

Incidentally, with Trump continually yelping 'fake news' and 'the whole Russia thing is fake'"....it's a nothing-burger"  .....Boomers asks seriously:  couldn't those sorts of utterances be considered OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE ?   I mean, if the prez comments on an upcoming trial (like he did recently with the NYC sidewalk murderer) - it colors /influences the trial and jury and sentencing.   One would assume the same applies, and even more so, to a trial where the president is a defendant.    Note:  even impeachment proceedings are considered 'a trial.'

14 minutes ago, opalred said:

i hear when he goes to pardon in law and son 

Muller has a envelope in a safe and will produce to the court

charges on trump 

then he  cannot pardon anyone while charges are pending

who holding the trump card now

I heard it a bit different.  I'm not sure whether the scenario you mentioned above, would apply.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought as long as he is officially president (which he is, until fully impeached, dead/incapacitated, or otherwise forced to leave office), ....that he has pardon powers.   I hadn't heard (until now) that he could not use pardon powers if there are charges against him.

They way I see it happening:  Mueller has individual indictments against those people who Trump will surely pardon (and probably pre-pardon, even before any formal trial proceeds).  It could be a long list of a dozen to 20 or more people.  Anyhow, Mueller could put all the indictments in sealed envelopes with instructions: "Open and act upon, the day after Trump leaves office."

There could also be a similar envelope for Trump Sr, because as long as he's prez, he can't legally be indicted for a crime.  He can only be subject to impeachment proceedings.  

44 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

I heard it a bit different.  I'm not sure whether the scenario you mentioned above, would apply.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought as long as he is officially president (which he is, until fully impeached, dead/incapacitated, or otherwise forced to leave office), ....that he has pardon powers.   I hadn't heard (until now) that he could not use pardon powers if there are charges against him.

They way I see it happening:  Mueller has individual indictments against those people who Trump will surely pardon (and probably pre-pardon, even before any formal trial proceeds).  It could be a long list of a dozen to 20 or more people.  Anyhow, Mueller could put all the indictments in sealed envelopes with instructions: "Open and act upon, the day after Trump leaves office."

There could also be a similar envelope for Trump Sr, because as long as he's prez, he can't legally be indicted for a crime.  He can only be subject to impeachment proceedings.  

Would the citizens be willing to trade an extra term for a guaranteed full life stretch for the cheetoinchief and ALL his minions?  As much as I would love to watch it happen, I think best to lock them all up sooner rather than later.

"The Constitution gives the House of Representatives the sole power to impeach an official, and it makes the Senate the sole court for impeachment trials." Them's the rules. 

There's this, The President, Vice President and all Civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.”. However, it's still back to the House to impeach which is Republican. Technically, Trump could be found guilty of something and still not be impeached by the House. So, Mueller would need more than smoke, more like a inferno. There's even a legal nuance that  if a President can even be charged with obstruction of justice. In Nixon's case, it never  got that far, it was just too much weight to the politics. He quit.

3 hours ago, opalred said:

i hear when he goes to pardon in law and son 

Muller has a envelope in a safe and will produce to the court

charges on trump 

then he  cannot pardon anyone while charges are pending

who holding the trump card now

As long as he is President he can pardon.

Edited by ilostmypassword

12 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

With Trumps recent statements that the Access Hollywood tapes were probably fake and he didn't really say 'Grab em by the pussy', I was wondering how long it would be before this chap spoke out  :cheesy:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-billybush/billy-bush-it-was-trumps-voice-on-access-hollywood-tape-idUSKBN1DY07N?feedType=RSS&feedName=politicsNews&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Reuters%2FPoliticsNews+(Reuters+Politics+News)

It really is as funny as hell, especially if you are an outside observer.

I had a conference call with some folks in the US yesterday morning and the subject eventually got on to current US politics (brought up by the American businessman) and he was saying how utterly depressing and soul destroying it was living under Trump. I kind of felt for him - for a nanosecond. Trump keeps on inviting people to punch him and he has no sense in stopping.

As a lesson in the importance of democracy and the democratic process, America has learned an important and painful lesson and has gotten everything it deserved. Now Trump is going to get everything he deserves.

Could it not be that he is suffering from a serious, clinical mental breakdown? Where he simply cannot distinguish what is real or not anymore? 

10 hours ago, opalred said:

i hear when he goes to pardon in law and son Muller  has a envelope in a safe and will produce to the court charges on trump 

then he  cannot pardon anyone while charges are pending who holding the trump card now

"I hear......."   Where do you hear?   in the pub.... a mate heard somebody say it on a bus?   Seriously!

10 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

boomer hears too, but different(ly).    Same deal, pub talk??

Some of you guys either have connections in high places or very vivid imaginations...."The way I see it happening, etc"

4 hours ago, baboon said:

Could it not be that he is suffering from a serious, clinical mental breakdown? Where he simply cannot distinguish what is real or not anymore? 

No, he's President of the US, and a mind-screwing Hypnotist, "Look into my Eyes.", a Master of Illusion and Persuasion. Besides, it would take Pence and a majority of his cabinet to oust him for being a mentally deranged President. Even then, he could challenge that to the House or Senate.

6 hours ago, baboon said:

Even his own party is now calling Trump a kook and unfit for office. Hopefully, his supporters will realize this also.

11 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Only if the judge rules to try the case.

Then Zervos would have to show that her allegations against Trump were accurate. If she is considered a public figure, "She would have to prove he knew [what he said] was false or had reckless disregard for the truth." Remember that Trump as the defendant cannot be forced to say anything that can be used against him in the court.

But the publicity of the trial and witnesses Zervos could become very embarrassing for Trump.

3 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

Even his own party is now calling Trump a kook and unfit for office. Hopefully, his supporters will realize this also.

I don't doubt he is unfit for office. I am just honestly interested if he is mentally unravelling or becoming senile. When you are in the realms of 'Yes, but I didn't say what I just said', it can't be the hallmark of a well man...

6 hours ago, Kim1950 said:

No, he's President of the US, and a mind-screwing Hypnotist, "Look into my Eyes.", a Master of Illusion and Persuasion. Besides, it would take Pence and a majority of his cabinet to oust him for being a mentally deranged President. Even then, he could challenge that to the House or Senate.

Now he's a "Mind Screwing Hypnotist", and "a Master of Illusion and Persuasion".

A whole new list of achievements for the Don to add to his skillset!!!   Well done Mr President.