End for Kodi users in sight

nbm47

F1 perfect picture in HD for both P1 and P2  on Made in Canada...   hope today and tomorrow will work fine also.....  do have 2 or 3 other options if not. [tried yesterday all worked]

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I did notice Exodus stopped working with TrakT for me, I was on version 3.1.16.  Seems the latest version, 3.1.19 (which also got TrakT working again) is only available via the Ares Project for which you need to install their wizard.  It was suggested to delete the previous Exodus version before adding the Ares version.  The TrakT account details were saved when I opened the new version but I had to reset and re-authorise it to get it back working.

Given that SALTS seems did I'm giving Specto Fork a go as the back up add-on.

Had he same problem so set up my own personal TrakT link for Exodus.

You can create your own API from TrakT which gives you a client ID and client secret number. This is straight forward from the create API option in TrakT and just use the default settings . If you then copy/paste these numbers into the appropriate field in the Exodus plug in within Kodi you will be able to reauthorise it again. You need to go here to find where to put it - I did it on an android box but assume others are similar:

Android/data/org.xbcm.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.exodus/resources/lib/modules/trakt.py

It is lines 38/39 where you need to put your keys in.

22 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Madeincanada didn't install using koditips, no idea why but its ok streamhub is good so I'll use that if my other sources arent working, thanks.

Koditips has been down for a while already. I thought I read somewhere that they fixed it earlier this week, but that must have been a short term fix then.

By the way I think that Made in Canada also soon may stop working as he announced his departure almost 2 months ago.

Simplycaz has also thrown in the towel almost 2 weeks ago.

On ‎24‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 9:15 AM, SooKee said:

I did notice Exodus stopped working with TrakT for me, I was on version 3.1.16.  Seems the latest version, 3.1.19 (which also got TrakT working again) is only available via the Ares Project for which you need to install their wizard.

Have you tried downloading it from GitHub?

On ‎23‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 10:39 AM, Jai Dee said:

Sportsdevil – Offline. Future uncertain.

Sportsdevil is back.

It is now part of the Smash repository (along with a few other addons) and is now at Version 2017.06.24.

Just now, janclaes47 said:

Be careful with the Smash repo, just saying.

Why is that?

I did note that it contains Exodus supposedly at version 3.1.22 which is obviously incorrect but are there other reasons why we need to be careful?

Just now, Jai Dee said:

Why is that?

I did note that it contains Exodus supposedly at version 3.1.22 which is obviously incorrect but are there other reasons why we need to be careful?

Nobody knows yet who is behind the Smash repo. They claim to be supported by the Kodi community, a very big word in my opinion, yet not a single developer of the addons in the repo has acknowledged the existence of the repo.

There are fears that dubious persons, think Marc Michelli for example, are abusing the current situation to release addons with malicious code inside.

In the Kodi community there have been warnings against this.

By the way, my sports devil updated also to version 24/6 and I don't have any of those new founded repos on my system

I have just removed a deliberate troll post from this topic.

We are here to help each other and provide advice and positive answers, not to bait or flame other members.

Further such behaviour will result in a posting suspension from the Forum.

Nobody knows yet who is behind the Smash repo. They claim to be supported by the Kodi community, a very big word in my opinion, yet not a single developer of the addons in the repo has acknowledged the existence of the repo.

There are fears that dubious persons, think Marc Michelli for example, are abusing the current situation to release addons with malicious code inside.

Thanks for the tip... best for all to keep in mind.

By the way, my sports devil updated also to version 24/6 and I don't have any of those new founded repos on my system

Which repo are you using?

For those who believe that Simplycaz is just upgrading servers and will return soon, here it is straight out of the horse mouth.

Caz.JPG.a77930a70c97bb44f1805b8fc91f0d0d.JPG5950c1ccccd3d_Caz2.JPG.a23f6a66167706c79cb7c90877595677.JPG

All that says is that he is not putting third party addons on his repo.

He is most definitely not quitting.

The horses mouth says the following.

IMG_7930.PNG.3d00328e7ac5e3a54cef80ab41cf9938.PNGIMG_7931.thumb.PNG.c58238b26108b0d80ed5145834f4b221.PNGIMG_7929.PNG.b0b5a5f96fe2aee9f95d2dc2195ccf42.PNG

As you can see he is very much in the game.

In fact he may have gone back on his statements about not supplying third party addons as you can clearly see Turks and many others advertised on his webpage.

These comments are from 26th so as you can see they are up to date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you tried downloading it from GitHub?

No. Never tried Git Hub. I was in a rush and had two boxes to do so just why with the a Ares wizard. Not that keen on wizards TBH, maybe if it goes down I'll try Github or just wait and see if the TV Add-ons comes back up. I find Ares quite slow and clunky.

Posted using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Covenant (official Exodus fork) Updated 1.1.2

Covenant picks up exactly where Exodus leaves off so you do not have to worry about where you are going to watch the next episode of your favorite shows.

What does Covenant have to offer?

• Movies
  • Television Shows
  • Real Debrid access
  • Trakt access to your library
  • and much more

This install will require a zip file, this is the original and official source for Colussus repo < click to download.

Save this somewhere you can find it later.

To install for Kodi Krypton (currently 17.3):

• Click Add-ons
  • Click Add-on browser (the open box icon)
  • Click Install from zip file
  • Browse to where you downloaded the zip file earlier.
  • Click repository.colossus-xxx.xxx.x.zip
  • Now Wait for “Add-on enabled” message
  • Click Install from repository
  • Click Colossal Repository
  • Click Video add-ons
  • Click Covenant
  • Click Install
  • Now wait for “Add-on” enabled” message

You can find Covenant in Video > Video Add ons or Add-ons (open box)

I wouldn't declare Exodus dead yet.

Last week several of the TVaddons domain names were transferred, and 2 days ago TVaddons did a wordpress to twitter test and also tweeted " we'll be back shortly".

Since TVaddons was the official maintainer of Exodus, I expect them to pick up the addon where they left it.

Even today, Covenant doesn't offer any improvement over Exodus, since the latter is still fully functional though a bit slow with the results, but delivers the exact same results as Covenant.

I've got Covenant and Elysium on board at the moment. The latter I find not so good. I use them mostly if I can't get a result on Exodus but have had loads of dead ends on both of them. Prefer Covenant out of the two, apparently designed by a few of the Exodus team. If Exodus along with TVaddons comes back I'll bin both.

Posted using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Exodus Support Officially Dropped, According to Developer COLDFIRE

Between a short Twitter post and a pop-up message on the most recent update to the Exodus addon, third-party developer COLDFIRE, also known as Agent 47, has officially announced his plans to end support for the popular movie and TV streaming Kodi addon.

COLDFIRE first sent word to the community through a July 22 Twitter post:

Capture.JPG

It appears that he has joined the Covenant development team.

COLDFIRE picked up support for Exodus only a few weeks ago, following the decision by Lambda to discontinue his support. Smash, the developer behind the newest Exodus fork Covenant, picked up Exodus in the wake of the sudden disappearance of TVAddons. TVAddons itself had only picked up Exodus support and development after the original Exodus addon developer, Lambda, decided to hand over the reigns following an explosive and embarrassing situation in which he was caught using Exodus to create a DDoS botnet.

It will be interesting to see if support for Exodus is picked up by someone else, or will it die and be replaced by Covenant.

Read more here.

5 minutes ago, Digitalbanana said:

I'm on ver 1.1.4 now that seems to be OK.

Correct... the current version of Covenant is 1.1.4.

Just for interest, here is a page that indicate the top trending Kodi addons (and also include instructions on how to get them and install them).

Might be worth checking out... :whistling:

2 hours ago, Jai Dee said:

Just for interest, here is a page

OK thanks.

On the page it says:

> Download the latest zip from their GITHUB repository - save it somewhere easy to get to.

so does one need to check periodically for zip updates manually as Kodi cannot update repo itself using this or am I wrong? The Kodil repo doesn't need a zip download so the addons updates by itself afaik?

36 minutes ago, Digitalbanana said:

so does one need to check periodically for zip updates manually as Kodi cannot update repo itself using this or am I wrong?

To clarify, you download the repository from GITHUB and install that from zipfile.

You then install the Video Addon from the repository.

Once the addon has been installed you turn on Auto-update it will keep itself updated every time you start Kodi.

(Obviously it won't update unless you run Kodi)

Capture.JPG

Has anyone got a problem with Elysium?

Specifically when trying to Search?

Yes... it doesn't work on the current version.

Here's a fix:

Go to System > Addons > My Addons > Video Addons and select Elysium.

Capture_01.JPG

Select Configure > Accounts > api key 

Capture_02.jpg

Key in the following: 2b740a918a9c39d9071f70d9e7620487 and select Done.

Capture_03.jpg

Than select OK.

Capture_04.jpg

If you open Elysium you will find that the Search function now works.

If Elysium giving you empty results when you click on categories then you need to update the API.

The team working on Elysium know of issue and working on a fix. The API Elysium has been using is blocked due to too many hits.

In mean time this can get you back up and running again. Replacing your API is a quick fix.

Archived