Dirty Toilets In Restaurants

loong

Dirty Toilets in restaurants  

154 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Dirty Toilets In Restaurants, Do they bother you?

they don't. i don't frequent restaurants and if i do i don't even think using their toilets.

So your wife can cook?

she can but she doesn't. cooking is done by our cook :o

Don't tell me you've gone and spoiled her? Snagging a good looker is easy enough, but getting one that can cook well now you're talking. Does she ever whip something up on occasions? You know cooking from the heart? Don't let her get away from proving her love in the gastronomical way.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear you Samuian. Now take a look at this W/C.

bogok9.jpg

Look at the toilet. What do you see? That's right a floor mat which keeps your trousers from getting wet while you have a seat. It's that extra attention to details which distinguishes a proprietor who benefits his customers.

Generally speaking... I find the loos in LOS are as clean or cleaner than in Australia... and I don't frequent places that are better than 3-star 'cos I find so many to be soul-less. Obviously, I need glasses or I'm just lucky.

As for the soap I never use it unless from a liquid soap dispenser... I prefer to rely on my own hygiene rather than the last guy who used the soap before - yuk - lather his left over bugs on my hands??? It makes me shudder to think about using soap that's beeen lying around a lav for weeks;-(

I know a person who has anti-bacterial nappies sent over. He carries them along and wipes down everything beforehand. Then there are others who feel if they can jump in the sack with a Soi 6 gal or one of those girls along the Nakula way then what the hel_l can a dirty W/C do harm to?

C'mon it's clear as day that someone Photoshopped that matt in the pic. Along with the roll of tp. No public restroom in Thailand is that nice!! :o

• Like 1

they don't. i don't frequent restaurants and if i do i don't even think using their toilets.

So your wife can cook?

she can but she doesn't. cooking is done by our cook :D

Don't tell me you've gone and spoiled her? Snagging a good looker is easy enough, but getting one that can cook well now you're talking. Does she ever whip something up on occasions? You know cooking from the heart? Don't let her get away from proving her love in the gastronomical way.

when we got married in 1979 all the cooking my wife was able to do was heating up water, put a teabag in a cup, add hot water, sugar and milk :D some of the cooking she was taught (in an astonishing short period) by my grandmother and mother. later -we lived for several years in Africa- she learned a variety of cooking from our cook. when she knew everything she fired him because he was cheating 200% when purchasing food items. now she is trying hard once in a while to teach our present cook how to prepare "western" meals. not much success though :o

So your wife can cook?

she can but she doesn't. cooking is done by our cook :D

when we got married in 1979 all the cooking my wife was able to do was heating up water, put a teabag in a cup, add hot water, sugar and milk :D some of the cooking she was taught (in an astonishing short period) by my grandmother and mother. later -we lived for several years in Africa- she learned a variety of cooking from our cook. when she knew everything she fired him because he was cheating 200% when purchasing food items. now she is trying hard once in a while to teach our present cook how to prepare "western" meals. not much success though :o

I think most of the posters here are 'Out to lunch ' the state of the toilets can be a general indication of the hygene in an eatery,new place? I order only a coffee and visit the toilet,i always talk to the staff about what i find,dirty? I do not even finish my coffee,just pay and leave,why should you take the chance of a very serious illness because people happen to be lazy.Not been sick yet? Just wait until you are,toilet attributed illness can be both serious and life threatining,not paranoid but like to play it safe,after all,it is my life i am playing with.

and speed at which they get dirty is down to the (FARANG) customers.

i have never seen a "farang only" toilet in any retaurant or establishment in thailand.

Sure you have its four times the price of the Thai one :o

• 2 months later...

When it gets down to it folks, we aren't looking for a fancy place with marble floors and a teak door. We're searching for a clean dry place with some real toiletpaper.

And if you're a bit uptight about restaurant bogs, remember your dog licks your face after he's had his morning bath and afternoon pleasure.

Edited by aughie

When it gets down to it folks, we aren't looking for a fancy place with marble floors and a teak door. We're searching for a clean dry place with some real toiletpaper.

And if you're a bit uptight about restaurant bogs, remember your dog licks your face after he's had his morning bath and afternoon pleasure.

If a dog licked my face it would be licking it's own wounds shortly thereafter, disgusting. A dirty shitehouse is a clear message that the owner cares much more for filling his own pockets than customer service, laziness pure and simple.

My story............Goa India maybe 20 years ago..................eating in a beachside restaurant (if thats what it could be called), need to relieve myself.........."go around to shed at back" head wobble.............ok! long shed with wooden plank with holes (watch for splinters).........sit down..hear snuffling and grunting............anyway as I was doing the business feel a rough wet thing on my arse...........jump up.....whoaaaaaaaaaaaa........turd didnt even hit the ground and had a cleaned arse to boot..................didnt ever go back............

Yes it bothers me, but I live here and do not want to complain. I also know that cleanliness is not a real virtue of the Thai and this especially up here in Isaan.

And it is not only the toilets.

I just do not understand, our Isaan counterparts are so clean on the body and cloth, but when it comes to cleanliness in the house they are indeed hopeless. When I talked with my lady about it, she said it was due to their poverty. BS was my answer.

I don’t want to generalize, but can somebody tell me why this is? I have not yet seen a household I would consider clean and surely I am not picky at all.

Yes it bothers me, but I live here and do not want to complain. I also know that cleanliness is not a real virtue of the Thai and this especially up here in Isaan.

And it is not only the toilets.

I just do not understand, our Isaan counterparts are so clean on the body and cloth, but when it comes to cleanliness in the house they are indeed hopeless. When I talked with my lady about it, she said it was due to their poverty. BS was my answer.

I don't want to generalize, but can somebody tell me why this is? I have not yet seen a household I would consider clean and surely I am not picky at all.

Toilets in eating establishments ? Should you not want to be one of those thai WANNABEES FOR WHAT EVER REASON , it should be fairly obvious that Thais of the lower echelons are not realy into cleaning that much ,no matter what the situation is , do a general half ass brush around and sweep it out of the door . In a restaraunt , , the toilet should be the show piece , the epitome of cleanliness , every-body uses the facility so that can be the epi-centre for the spread of bacteria , especialy in the preparation of the food that you as a patron eats . Like one poster mentioned , a sip of a coffee , to the toilet , dirty ? Tell the owners and leave , it is your health that is at stake , most of them grew up in these disgusting circumstancies and have built up anti-bodies , and as to perenial defenders of the filth and squalor who have never been sick , it is common knowledge that diarhia is prevelant in Asia amongst the local populace from which many people DIE . Although the side effect is that it lowers the risk of colon cancer , there is absolutely no reason to accept a dirty toilet , and as has been stated , you contribute to that untenable state of affairs . Enjoying the food is one thing , but a day or even longer , later , becoming sick , is something you may have unwittingly brought upon your-self , totaly unaware of the cause . Your health should be your concern because nobody else gives a dam_n , especialy in this country , they are not just ill informed , they are not just of the mind 'It is not my problem", they tend to be too fíng lazy by nature to do anything about the problem , which to them is ÝOUR PROBLEM ', stupid falang .

Toilets in eating establishments ? ......

I know what you are saying, but what really can I do apart from telling the owners?

Not many of the places (because nice and clean establishments just do not exist) I have visited up here in Isaan the last two years would run in the country I come from. As a matter of fact they would be shut down the next day.......

Another thing that puts me off is chronic cockroach infestations. I like the food at the Dairy Queen in Ngam Wong Wan, but you can't eat inside without have 2-3 juvenile cockroaches crawl over you, your table and your plate (no joke). They could lay a few boxes of baits and it would clear up after a few weeks, but no. It's been like that for more than a year.

Toilets are clean though :-)

I know what you are saying, but what really can I do apart from telling the owners?

Not many of the places (because nice and clean establishments just do not exist) I have visited up here in Isaan the last two years would run in the country I come from. As a matter of fact they would be shut down the next day.......

Anyone actualy interested in what a good conciencious restaraunt has for a toilet? Should you ever be on Suhkumvit soi 22 , just drop into 'Cafe 22 ' order your coffee and ask for the toilet , it is a sight beyond your wildest dreams , i almost asked to have a table and chairs to be instaled it has such an ambience , puts even your home toilet to shame . By the way , does your 'Oriental '(quote) wife , G/F clean the toilet walls etc once a week with chlorinated water , mine does .

If this were a worry, I wouldn't have a place to eat.

You in Asia?

As restaurant toilets in Asia go, Thai ones are not too bad.

Cleaning usually means just flooding the place but at least they don't usually stink.

Half the problem is there being inadequate supply of toilets so they're just over used and orrible. Where are the F & B health inspectors? (Hollow laughter!)

Why am I writing about this anyway???

depends on the establishment...inna restaurant in a 4 star hotel a clean toilet comes as part of the cost of the meal...inna place frequented by drunks and other disreputables dirty toilets are part ob the landscape...

I could describe the most famously filthy toilet in a shithole bar in Bolivia (the toilet wouldn't flush but folks kept on using it anyway) but you don't wanna know...

inna small family restaurant in Beijing there was no indoor plumbing and you had to go down the street to the public toilet where there was also no plumbing...just sum planks put over a trough. People laughing and chatting and exchanging neighborhood news...if the food hadn't have been so good (crispy duck...yum) I woulda barfed...

LOL know what you mean! In Harbin airport the wife went for a piss and there were about 10 Chinese sitting on the "throne" taking a dump with the door wide open, happily discussing the days affairs.

We also went on a day trip from the factory i worked in..14 bus loads...stopped at a Chinese services, 1000 people trying to use the toilets...(probably the capacity for 5) my mate had the runs, he took one look at the pyramid of shit beneath him and amazingly he didn't need to go! CURED! The besr medecine for the trots!

Telling the owners is a must , being complacent will change nothing , ever , if everyone made it thier buissiness to complain(it is YOUR health at stake) there is a chance some will do something about it . Hey , so many complain on TV about far less health threatening problems , what should be so difficult about this ????

Anyone actualy interested in what a good conciencious restaraunt has for a toilet? Should you ever be on Suhkumvit soi 22 , just drop into 'Cafe 22 ' order your coffee and ask for the toilet , it is a sight beyond your wildest dreams , i almost asked to have a table and chairs to be instaled it has such an ambience , puts even your home toilet to shame . By the way , does your 'Oriental '(quote) wife , G/F clean the toilet walls etc once a week with chlorinated water , mine does .

Worthy of a photograph?

If a dog licked my face it would be licking it's own wounds shortly thereafter, disgusting. A dirty shitehouse is a clear message that the owner cares much more for filling his own pockets than customer service, laziness pure and simple.

There's simpler hand commands than clocking the dog, mate. :o