Microsoft Security Update Catalog site. XP W7 W8 and older

oldcarguy

This was on Tech Guy lab radio show last weekend

Microsoft Update Catalog site. , Security upgrade that you can download for free

XP , Windows 7 and 8 and even older versions ,  I assume these are done for business customers

http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4012598

Anyone have a XP machine that wants to try it ?

I am sure there are other upgrades on the Microsoft website that can help others....

This is for manually downloading files normally delivered via Microsoft's Windows Update agent (usually found in Control Panel settings).  The 'catalog' download option is getting attention, but it's suggested people use the Windows Update agent to make sure their systems are fully updated and patched. 

A useful site for the semi-technical user is Woody Leonhard's site: AskWoody.com  as he talks about what's in the updates, and which updates you may want to skip.

I was just thinking that here are the files that Microsoft does not upgrade anymore like XP and Windows 7

Hey it might even work  for all the bootleg copies out there ,

I  look at it as vaccine  that all the computers need , legal or illegal copies of Windows , as it keeps others from getting sick ,

if you look at the Microsoft's Windows Update  website many are for embedded systems which may be impossible to upgrade to Windows 10....

anyway thanks for the AskWoody link , I will check it out

2 hours ago, oldcarguy said:

I was just thinking that here are the files that Microsoft does not upgrade anymore like XP and Windows 7

I  look at it as vaccine  that all the computers need

Windows Update via the agent or online catalog randomly includes validation bombs that create major issues with unauthorized installs so it's not recommended 'those' users do any updates.

Microsoft offers 'mainstream' support. But if you are willing to pay you can get 'extended' support lasting beyond the mainstream cut off dates.