Procedure for visa extension stamp in New Passport

11 hours ago, YetAnother said:

they also give you a letter from them asking the Thai authorities to transfer the details from one PP to the other ,

US consulate/embassy in chiang mai the same; happened to me there; people say 2 things about that letter (foolishly i didnt read mine) i heard it is as quoted right above and i have also heard it is an authentication that the new passport (you get the letter alongside the new passport) is legit and issued by the consulate/embassy

23 minutes ago, bahtboy said:

Slightly off topic, but still relevant to many, I received a new UK passport last week and promptly went to Immi in Jomtien to transfer visa to same. I have been on retirement extension for 9 years now

Is this the procedure ?

If you get a a new PP , you can get a new visa extension stamped into your new PP , but you cannot get a current visa transferred from old to new ?

• Like 1

Just now, Ace of Pop said:

This must be very new, I had to copy all the old ones too. Or is it up too the Boss .

Not sure where you had to do that since it is not normal.

Immigration has not seen my old passport or copies of it since they transferred the  stamps to the new one almost 4 years.

5 hours ago, sanemax said:

Is this the procedure ?

If you get a a new PP , you can get a new visa extension stamped into your new PP , but you cannot get a current visa transferred from old to new ?

They don't transfer visas. They put a stamp in the new passport with the details of the old visa. There is no need to keep the old passport, or provide it for future extensions, as the proof that you had a non immigrant visa is in the new passport.

Edited by elviajero

5 hours ago, sanemax said:

Is this the procedure ?

sounds reasonable to me, other members have a different opinion, hope it works out well  I think when this  SAGA is over I write  a short story  of my  miserable visa run

Couldn't happen to a nicer agy

8 minutes ago, elviajero said:

They don't transfer visas. They put a stamp in the new passport with the details of the old visa. There is no need to keep the old passport, or provide it for future extensions, as the proof that you had a non immigrant visa is in the new passport.

just hope in the process of  getting a new passport  the  visa will get  stamped into he new  passport  and I ask  at that time for  an extension of it  or  ask for  more time to sort things out for the better, I read  somewhere  that  that procedure is done  frequently and  condoned  by the immigration offices

10 hours ago, elviajero said:

• You could get an extension of stay as a parent, but only with the support of your wife.
  • You have to apply for the extension at the office that covers the area you live in. If you give a Bangkok address, you can only apply in Bangkok. It doesn't matter where your children or wife are registered.
  • You would be applying for an extension of stay, not a visa. If you want a non 'O' visa you'll need to leave the country to get it.
  • If you don't have your wife's support to get an extension of stay you could go to Penang, Malaysia and get a multiple entry non 'O' visa as long as you can show at least 400K in the bank. That would be valid for 1 year, but you'd need to exit/re-enter every 90 days. You could apply for another 1 year extension towards the end of any of the 90 day permit to stay.

perfect  reply I just got back from Vientienne   Laos  and  have now  a non immigrant O visa  valid for  90 days expiring  5  July. I Try my bets to get that extended the snag is  I don't have a residence in Bangkok,  just have to ask  immigration  to extend my  non O for  another  30/60 or  90 days to  sort things out or zi get my 2 kids  18 and 21  and show up at  the  immigration,

My daughter 21 is  studying now in her Junior year Art& design in Rangsit U.  and my son 18 has  applied for a place  to study at another  U.

If I cannot stay in LOS  who is  supporting my kids?/ The wife  has  left and leaves me  with my children alone and I am  soon 73  years  old

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 2:47 PM, kraxlhuber said:

just hope in the process of  getting a new passport  the  visa will get  stamped into he new  passport  and I ask  at that time for  an extension of it  or  ask for  more time to sort things out for the better, I read  somewhere  that  that procedure is done  frequently and  condoned  by the immigration offices

BTW I am having  problems to log-into Thai Visa forum  says< Error message access denied>  any other  member or guest  having difficulties too??

I manage  going through MSN.de site to log in in Chiang Mai  visa forum

Edited by kraxlhuber
spelling errors