Khon Khaen immigration extend 60 day tourist visa

My current visa runs out 21st June so due to where I am currently based I want to go to Khon khaen immigration and apply for an extension to my current TV or whatever you call it to get the extra 30 days for 1900 baht.

I have never done this before.  

My flight back to UK is actually 4th July.

What so I need to take to get this extra 30 days?

Passport

2 photo?

Form?

Not sure if I have my departure card, is that an issue if it's needed and how do I solve that?

Any advice on anything to do with KK immigration and all I need to get this done is always appreciated. 

Is it a same day job or a 2 day job?

Can I go 14 days before visa ends or less only?

You need a ballpoint pen, your passport and one photo. Take your ticket or a printout of your flight reservation along - just to be sure.

Everything else, photocopies, forms (plural !) are available at the immigration office.

14 days in advance is OK.

To get a 30 day extension of stay based on your tourist visa will take about than 1 hour. More only if there are a lot of people waiting.
The departure card is the white card which was stiched to your passport when you entered Thailand. Yes, you should have it. Otherwise anticipate for more time at immigration.

Regards

Thedi

Ubonjoe has listed the forms and photocopies required. I also signed each photocopy and the back of my photo although I'm not positive this is a requirement. 

The TM7 form doesn't have a place for your phone number but I was asked to print it near my signature.

During the process I was also given two further forms to print my name and sign although I have no idea what they were for!

From what I recall (a month ago) I was given a receipt for the 1900 Baht fee and asked to photocopy it. They kept the photocopy.

The Khon Kaen office opens at 8.30am and not 8am as is shown if you Google it. I'm pretty sure they shut for lunch from 12 - 1pm and you will have to wait outside for that period.

When you do enter the building take a ticket number from the machine immediately to your left.

I made sure I was there for 8.30am and was in and out within 20 minutes. Few people there at that time. The extension is completed on that visit and you will have a new date stamped in your passport.

I went a week before my visa ran out.

I don't know what happens about the departure card if you don't have it.

The Immigration Office is located at the Police Training Centre so have a Google if you are unsure where it is as it's away from Khon Kaen city centre. You won't actually see the Immigration sign until you are through the Training Centre entrance. It will be to the left across the training square/car park.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Can I go 14 days before visa ends or less only?

No earlier than one week before admission to stay ends is usually accepted.

In your case from 14th June onward.

Lost departure card is an issue but can also be resolved at the office.

On 5/26/2017 at 6:58 AM, ubonjoe said:

TM6 departure card.

i have mine but havent left in 7 years, the ink is starting to fade on it; sure i can make a copy while it is still readable but will that copy be enough for immigration office purposes ? (i suppose i could take the faded out original for at least Some evidence...)

23 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

i have mine but havent left in 7 years, the ink is starting to fade on it; sure i can make a copy while it is still readable but will that copy be enough for immigration office purposes ? (i suppose i could take the faded out original for at least Some evidence...)

My departure card just turned 9 years old. It is taped together at the fold where it fell apart a few years ago. It stays stapled in my passport most of the time unless I move it back a page to make room for my extension stamps.

I use a printed out scan of the two parts of it put together before I taped it.

Edit: I is a bit ugly now. The passport number on it is for my old one.5928e24f64fb2_ErasedTM6.jpg.8e0a6a781ef0b202bd6fa8531aba6a6e.jpg

Edited by ubonjoe

• 3 months later...
On 26/5/2560 at 4:55 AM, Rc2702 said:

My current visa runs out 21st June so due to where I am currently based I want to go to Khon khaen immigration and apply for an extension to my current TV or whatever you call it to get the extra 30 days for 1900 baht.

With a Thai child, same you have, you can apply for a 60 day extension.  :wink: