Exclusive: Trump son-in-law had undisclosed contacts with Russian envoy - sources

rooster59

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

The only word that sticks in my mind after reading all 10 pages here is

SOURCES

Sources?

Fox News. Are they fake news?

"sources told Fox News Wednesday"

"People close to Flynn told Fox News"

"Fox News was told."

"Senior DOJ officials told Fox News"

"a source familiar with the matter told Fox News Monday."

"The source has told Fox News"

"a source familiar with the matter told Fox News"

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/29/jared-kushner-didnt-suggest-russian-communications-channel-in-meeting-source-says.html

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/10/comey-asked-doj-for-more-resources-for-russia-probe-source-says.html

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/05/30/morning-brief-kushner-didnt-suggest-russian-communications-channel-in-meeting-source-says.html

57 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

The only word that sticks in my mind after reading all 10 pages here is

SOURCES

thats all we got so far. House of cards was more fun than this. 

Do you think the President should name sources also? 

"" Trump accused Democrats of blocking Page's testimony, without citing evidence but referring to an unidentified report. "

An unidentified source?  Doesn't that make Trump's 'evidence' fake news?"    https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/985810-trump-blasts-russia-probe-touts-ex-adviser-page-over-fbi-cia/?page=2

46 minutes ago, iReason said:

Sources?

Fox News. Are they fake news?

"sources told Fox News Wednesday"

"People close to Flynn told Fox News"

"Fox News was told."

"Senior DOJ officials told Fox News"

"a source familiar with the matter told Fox News Monday."

"The source has told Fox News"

"a source familiar with the matter told Fox News"

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/29/jared-kushner-didnt-suggest-russian-communications-channel-in-meeting-source-says.html

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/10/comey-asked-doj-for-more-resources-for-russia-probe-source-says.html

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/05/30/morning-brief-kushner-didnt-suggest-russian-communications-channel-in-meeting-source-says.html

so is this one of those

your source is fake, my source is real kinda deals?

give it up, if they had any concrete proof of even 10% of whats being bandied around there would be troops encircling the white house, mar a lago and trump tower right now….

16 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

so is this one of those your source is fake, my source is real kinda deals?

give it up, if they had any concrete proof of even 10% of whats being bandied around there would be troops encircling the white house, mar a lago and trump tower right now….

Bingo!

Indeed, the rats infesting the White House are circling their wagons. With lawyers.

What's to hide?

Sean Spicer: White House is no longer taking questions on Trump and Russia

"Asked about Comey’s evidence and whether the president had engaged in obstruction of justice, his press secretary Sean Spicer replied: “We are focused on the president’s agenda and going forward all questions on these matters will be referred to outside counsel Marc Kasowitz."

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/may/31/donald-trump-russia-investigation-sean-spicer-no-questions

P.S.

I know it's been like pulling teeth but, remind of your "sources" again?

As I recall, I've seen none.

6 minutes ago, iReason said:

Bingo!

Indeed, the rats infesting the White House are circling their wagons. With lawyers.

What's to hide?

"Asked about Comey’s evidence and whether the president had engaged in obstruction of justice, his press secretary Sean Spicer replied: “We are focused on the president’s agenda and going forward all questions on these matters will be referred to outside counsel Marc Kasowitz."

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/may/31/donald-trump-russia-investigation-sean-spicer-no-questions

P.S.

9 hours ago, iReason said:

Bingo!

What's to hide?

P.S.

Going by your shaky inferences and speculation, it would appear that anyone who appoints a lawyer to take care of their affairs is guilty.

May I remind you that the WH is not going to fall into the losing team's trap …. of tying them up with nonsensical claims and derailing their agenda.

Which, as you know, is to make america great again.

Let the lawyers handle it….once again Mr Trump has outsmarted the losing muppets.

On ‎01‎.‎06‎.‎2017 at 2:25 PM, heybruce said:

Yes, traditional standards of ethics which had presidential candidates release tax returns, and President-elects put their financial interests in blind trusts.

In our lifetimes we've never had the kinds of crony capitalism and kleptocrats that are making a mockery of democracy in places like Russia.  At least not until now.  Laws dictating transparency and making it difficult to engage in conflicts of interest (selling out the country's interests for personal gain) are essential for good governance. 

Your list of derogatory terms is interesting, Trump is clearly by three of the five.  Whether he becomes a war monger or war criminal remains to be seen.

BTW:  Lying is often part of statecraft, and many great leaders were also womanizers (Catherine the Great of Russia is thought to have been a, um, manizer?).

In our lifetimes we've never had the kinds of crony capitalism and kleptocrats that are making a mockery of democracy

Short memory? The 2007/8 crisis was caused by, IMO, crony capitalism under Bush, and I believe started by Clinton removing financial safeguards.

13 hours ago, heybruce said:

How people can listen to him speak and not choke on his arrogance is beyond me.

It's statements like that that will keep me coming on to oppose the Trump haters.

Had this thread been about the facts, and not an outpouring of personal hatred against Trump it would have lasted about two pages at most, given it's all supposition and "un named sources".

As this is all now under the special counsel investigation, nothing is going to be proven in public till Mueller releases his findings.

30 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

In our lifetimes we've never had the kinds of crony capitalism and kleptocrats that are making a mockery of democracy

Short memory? The 2007/8 crisis was caused by, IMO, crony capitalism under Bush, and I believe started by Clinton removing financial safeguards.

You compare flawed regulations that allowed complex financial products to assume too much risk with Putin:

using security services to shut down out of favor companies,

using a corrupt judiciary to convict opponents of specious crimes,

using other forms of intimidation to allow his cronies to seize control of the Russian economy and press, but only hold these assets for as long as they support Putin.

I always know I'm debating with a weak opponent when he uses the argument that relatively minor flaws in one society justify outrageous crimes in another.

29 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's statements like that that will keep me coming on to oppose the Trump haters.

Had this thread been about the facts, and not an outpouring of personal hatred against Trump it would have lasted about two pages at most, given it's all supposition and "un named sources".

As this is all now under the special counsel investigation, nothing is going to be proven in public till Mueller releases his findings.

So you think "I alone can fix it", in reference to all real and perceived problems in America, is not a sign of arrogance?

2 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

Going by your shaky inferences and speculation, it would appear that anyone who appoints a lawyer to take care of their affairs is guilty.

May I remind you that the WH is not going to fall into the losing team's trap …. of tying them up with nonsensical claims and derailing their agenda.

Which, as you know, is to make america great again.

Let the lawyers handle it….once again Mr Trump has outsmarted the losing muppets.

You realize Trump's problems would largely go away if he practiced established levels of transparency and disengagement from his business interests, as all Presidents since Nixon have done.  Better vetting of appointees, eliminating those who can't fill out security forms honestly, would also have helped.

I am still waiting for someone to explain how America is no longer great, and what specifically Trump will do to change it.

3 minutes ago, heybruce said:

So you think "I alone can fix it", in reference to all real and perceived problems in America, is not a sign of arrogance?

Sigh.

Calling Trump "arrogant" is a personal opinion.

If that was the worst thing said about him I wouldn't have a problem, but like all Trump related threads this one is just a litany of hatred by the anti Trumpers for page after page.

8 minutes ago, heybruce said:

You compare flawed regulations that allowed complex financial products to assume too much risk with Putin:

using security services to shut down out of favor companies,

using a corrupt judiciary to convict opponents of specious crimes,

using other forms of intimidation to allow his cronies to seize control of the Russian economy and press, but only hold these assets for as long as they support Putin.

I always know I'm debating with a weak opponent when he uses the argument that relatively minor flaws in one society justify outrageous crimes in another.

Hmmmm. The 2007/8 crisis affected many millions of people, many countries around the world and wiped out much capital, as in Iceland.

So yes, that crisis was, IMO, far worse that what Putin does in Russia.

11 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Sigh.

Calling Trump "arrogant" is a personal opinion.

If that was the worst thing said about him I wouldn't have a problem, but like all Trump related threads this one is just a litany of hatred by the anti Trumpers for page after page.

Sigh.

Anyone who does not recognize Trump as the poster child for arrogance doesn't understand the meaning of the word.

This thread isn't "just a litany of hatred by anti Trumpers", it is commentary on reports from reliable sources of questionable, if not treasonous, activities by members of the Trump organization.

11 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Hmmmm. The 2007/8 crisis affected many millions of people, many countries around the world and wiped out much capital, as in Iceland.

So yes, that crisis was, IMO, far worse that what Putin does in Russia.

Hmmm.  Are you stating that people in charge deliberately triggered the 2007/8 financial crisis for financial gain?

Putin deliberately undermined democratic institutions and the economy of Russia, a country of over 140 million people, for power and personal gain.  In the process he made his country significantly poorer.

There's a difference between regulatory systems that don't keep up with financial innovations, and autocracy leading to crony capitalism.  However with a secretive, ethically flawed president such as Trump we may have both.

3 minutes ago, heybruce said:

This thread isn't "just a litany of hatred by anti Trumpers", it is commentary on reports from reliable sources of questionable, if not treasonous, activities by members of the Trump organization.

Succinctly put.

:thumbsup:

Outside of the Trolls who indiscriminately attempt to derail it with one or two lines of unsubstantiated gibberish designed to deflect from the topic of the thread(s).

31 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Sigh.

Anyone who does not recognize Trump as the poster child for arrogance doesn't understand the meaning of the word.

:passifier:

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

:passifier:

You complained on another thread that you seemed to attract posts that seem to attack you personally. May I suggest that your reply above to a post that was both lucid and articulately put may be one of the reasons you attract such negative replies yourself.

27 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Hmmm.  Are you stating that people in charge deliberately triggered the 2007/8 financial crisis for financial gain?

Putin deliberately undermined democratic institutions and the economy of Russia, a country of over 140 million people, for power and personal gain.  In the process he made his country significantly poorer.

There's a difference between regulatory systems that don't keep up with financial innovations, and autocracy leading to crony capitalism.  However with a secretive, ethically flawed president such as Trump we may have both.

While they may not have wanted the crisis to happen, they did set in place the conditions that allowed it to happen for financial gain. That was warned about by some, but they were ignored because others were making too much money to end the money train.

20 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

While they may not have wanted the crisis to happen, they did set in place the conditions that allowed it to happen for financial gain. That was warned about by some, but they were ignored because others were making too much money to end the money train.

Are you complaining that the regulations were inadequate to restrict financially reckless behavior by the banks?  Do you really think Trump will do better?

Your concern illustrates the need to elect competent people of integrity, not clueless showmen who insist their finances must be secret.

As I posted earlier, with Trump we can get crony capitalism and incompetence.

2 minutes ago, heybruce said:

When intelligence fails, there's always emoticons.

I think he's finally lost it.

He's been Trolling with no text, only simpleton icons like that on two threads for an hour.

A meltdown.