Volunteer Work In Isaan

glenbat

Is there much volunteer work available in Isaan? I'm planning a 6 or 7 week trip to Thailand in May/June and would like to help out anywhere that may need it but am unsure of what is needed?

I dont want to spend 6 weeks propping up bars in Patts so plan of leaving my mates there and going of to do something different and was wondering if theres much about?

I've posted in the General forum but thought I'd ask in here too

Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas to you all

Really? I was hoping to just turn up, roll my sleeves up and get stuck in! By Sponsor do you mean a letter and they arrange a work permit for me?

My trips probably only going to be for 6 or 7 weeks because of full time employment back in UK am I right in guessing not many places will sponsor me for such a short period of time?

Google for First Global Community College. They are in Nong Khai. Its a school that uses mostly volunteer teachers and the lessons are taught in English. Almost none of the volunteers there have work permits and there has never been any problems with this for the entire (approximately) ten years of their existence.

Chownah

Cheers people

i'm amazed at how different replies you get depending on what room you post in, whenever I post in Isaan i get friendly, warm and helpful replies (except the odd knobber who loved putting Isaan women down but I think the vast majority put him in his sad little place)

I posted the exact same question about volunteer work in the general room, and among the helpful posts I was put in the same category as a kiddy fiddler or wannabe policeman and accused of only wanting to help out so I could stay with a bargirl in Isaan!

A couple of reasons I enjoy Isaan's company so much when i'm on here.......... you guys are so chilled :o

If you do not belong to a village, find someone to invite you to theirs and then talk to the Headman. There is never a shortage of things to do and I've never needed a work permit to sweep the streets or burn brush or anything a village volunteer work crew is inclined to do (rebuild bus stops, etc.)... Bring a basic bike repair/tune-up kit with you and start working on people's bicycles. You'll be a big hit wherever you go. :o