Ramadan underway in Phuket

snoop1130

Ramadan underway in Phuket

The Phuket News

1496056555_1-org.jpg

PHUKET:-- The Sheikhul Islam Office of Thailand has formally announced that the holy Muslim month of Ramadan is underway, following the sighting of the moon last Friday night, invoking the beginning of Ramadan on Saturday (May 27).

Throughout the month, Muslims across Phuket will fast during the days and assemble during the evenings for prayer, food and charitable community activities at the island’s 51 mosques.

Full Story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/ramadan-underway-in-phuket-62353.php#hFhhMzlxCJM0OdFa.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-5-29

FYI Ramadan is happening worldwide... not just Phuket. Friend posted about Muslim buddy in Finland. Sun comes up around 4:30 am and down around 10:30 pm. Long time between drinks of water or food. (Someone said they have some sort of concession for those places).

I worked for  5 years in Saudi Arabia.

Just for info:

FYI Ramadan is happening worldwide... not just Phuket. Friend posted about Muslim buddy in Finland. Sun comes up around 4:30 am and down around 10:30 pm. Long time between drinks of water or food. (Someone said they have some sort of concession for those places).

------------------------------------------------------------

There are concessions for those who are ill, and pregnant women.

Also for those who are to old to make a long journey or can not fast.

I am not a Muslim however, but I have heard this in Saudi. Arabia.

Despite what you may have hear Islam is not unmerciful.

Just to add a bit of information:
travelers are exempted, but have to catch up the days missed later.
People too ill or weak to stand the period without water or food seem to be generally exempted, but I do not remember whether they have to catch up.
Nicotine is also on the list of things not to use, what is for some a bigger problem.
People in Finland are out of luck under the fasting rules emanating in Middle Eastern areas; 
think that it was not known to the people writing down the Book that such places exist.

Happy Ramadan to those fasting !