EOD Team Examines Possible Pipe Bomb Found In Lot Near Subway Station

snoop1130

EOD Team Examines Possible Pipe Bomb Found In Lot Near Subway Station

By Khaosod English

bomb2.jpg

An EOD officer examines a suspected pipe bomb found on Ratchadaphisek Road on Tuesday afternoon.

BANGKOK — Explosives ordnance officers were inspecting an object believed to be a pipe bomb that was found Tuesday afternoon in a lot near a subway station on Bangkok’s Ratchadaphisek Road.

Authorities were called to the scene at about 3:30pm where they found the object in an overgrown vacant lot near MRT Thailand Cultural Centre.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/bangkok/2017/05/30/pipe-bomb-reportedly-found-near-bangkok-subway-station/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-5-30

Probe into whether pipe bomb near MRT station is connected to previous blasts
By SURIYA PATATHAYO
ANGSUMA SRIDOKKHAM
THE NATION

c959b8269d5e4fe8aab1a09c937685f0.jpeg

BANGKOK: -- Police are yet to determine whether a pipe bomb found near the MRT’s Thailand Cultural Centre station yesterday was linked to three recent bomb blasts in the capital.

“If they are related, we will treat them as one case,” national police Commissioner Pol General Chakthip Chaijinda said yesterday.

The three recent blasts in Bangkok involved the use of pipe bombs. The first blew up in front of the Government Lottery Office on April 5 and the second in front of the National Theatre on May 15. They were minor explosions that did not cause much damage. The third pipe bomb, at the Phramongkutklao Hospital on May 22, left 25 people injured.

Chakthip said the area where the pipe bomb was found yesterday – in wasteland in Bangkok’s Huai Khwang district – was now cordoned off for related officials to gather evidence. 

On Tuesday afternoon, a motorcycle taxi driver who went to fish in the area, alerted authorities when he noticed a steel pipe with some attached wires. 

Police and an explosive ordnance disposal team arrived in the area at about 2pm and after examining the pipe for more than an hour left without giving any details. 

A source said the pipe, about eight inches long and four inches wide, contained a detonator and wires.

Speaking on condition of anonymity, a cleaner of the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration said he saw two suspects around the area where the pipe bomb was found. 

“They came to the spot on a motorcycle. When the bike stopped, the man riding pillion got off and walked up to the spot where the pipe bomb was found. After about five minutes, he returned and both men sped away on their motorcycle,” he said. 

Chakthip said police were looking into the role of the two suspects. 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30316779

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-05-31

11 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

I am  older than when I first saw that video. And that is the difference between me,  and many of the stars of that "how not to" video.  No one ever lost money betting on the lack of intelligence of the average member of the public.  That goes double for Asia or Africa.   I mean, we have all seen the video of the guys giving a loaded AK47 to a chimpanzee.

11 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

During the Thai problems a few years ago I witnessed something I thought I would never see...
A briefcase was left unattended outside a shop on top of a concrete "picnic table'

officers arrived to check it out... after a few minutes he went to his car & made a phone call!

returning to the table he had another look, probably about 50 people were on either side of shop and standing in the road, others were around the scene looking at what was going on, the shop was still open with people going in & out as normal.

The rooms above the shop had people hanging out of the windows all looking down...

he went to the car again and took something out.. a length of string.

He tied this to the handle of the briefcase walked about 5 metres to the other side of the street and without saying anything to anyone he tugged the string and pulled the case off the table onto the pavement !!!!!

If it had exploded he would have killed or maimed over one hundred people who were all within 10 metres of the case when he pulled it off the table !!!
Un believable !!

13 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

jesus i had more protective gear than the guy in the photo when we built these things when i was 12 years old.

Wot ru doing building pipe bombs at the age of 12?  A bit  immature if u ask me.?

13 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

jesus i had more protective gear than the guy in the photo when we built these things when i was 12 years old.

mind your words, they are looking for someone who build these things. better keep low profile.

Object found behind National Cultural Centre on Tuesday is an active bomb : investigators

5c2a43ea96c8edb2d6ee81c4e6f76f6b.jpeg

BANGKOK: -- Investigators confirmed on Wednesday that a suspected explosive device found in wasteland behind the National Cultural Centre subway station on Tuesday was an active pipe bomb.

The bomb, which had a damage radius of 10 to 20 meters if exploded, was in a green basket which also contained 24 pieces of cut metal, 50 screws and 100 nails. 

The pipe bomb was 7.6 centimeters wide and 20.3 centimeters long and held 220 grams of low pressure explosives.

It was found in Huai Khwang district on Tuesday by a motorcycle taxi driver, who went to the area to fish. He alerted authorities when he noticed a steel pipe with some attached wires. 

Police and an explosive ordnance disposal team went to the area about 2pm. After examining the pipe, they left without giving any details. 

It is reported that the pipe bomb found on Tuesday was similar to those found and confiscated on March 29, 2014 in Soi Rat-uthit 25-27 in Minburi district and on a walkway of a skytrain station between Siam and Paragon Shopping Complex on February 1, 2015.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30316845

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-05-31

18 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

I would not be saying things like that , they might come and talk to you about building it.