Swimming pool pump suppliers in Phuket

madmax2

We have 2 swimming pool pumps that are just about due for replacing, i would like to look at a range of different brand pumps, they have to fit in a limited space which straight away rules out some brands, does anyone know of a pump supplier who has a range of pumps we can inspect to see if they are suitable for our requirements

We currently have 2 poolrite 2 inch 1.5 hp pumps that are no longer available here which are very compact in size

Thanks in advance for any useful information

5 hours ago, steelepulse said:

Did you talk to board member Valentine?

I want to see the pumps available myself, what board are you talking about

The one type of pump that i think will fit is Emaux but i have only seen a spa one in a small shop on Patak road, it was for a above ground setup, i need to see the available pumps personally so i can measure then to see if they will fit in the space available for them

I have checked out a pool shop in Kathu and one on Chaofa west rd, the pumps they had on show were to long for the space they have to fit into

12 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

We use a pool supplies shop about half way between Vichara hospital and Bangkok Phuket hospital, same side. They carry a large range of stock and on display.

Thankyou i will check them out, do you know the name of the shop

13 hours ago, steelepulse said:

Do a search for member Valentine.  He used to be quite active on the Phuket forum.  He's the go to person for all things pool related.  

I do not want anyone to quote me a price, he has already done that when i posted on the swimming pool forum awhile ago, he does not own a pool shop that carries any stock himself

I want to inspect the pumps personally and make up my own mind about what type to buy and from who to buy

Generally nowadays most pool pumps have the same or very similar dimensions.

If you go to our website at t he Emaux pump section, you'll find the full range of Emaux pumps and from there you can directly download the manufacturer's data sheets that show all the dimensions.  We find that  the new SPH models are very popular, very economical, and have been designed as a 'drop in' replacement for many  other brands.  

Phuket swimming pool equipment co have a excellent range of pool pumps in stock including Emaux and Kripsol

They recommend the kripsol brand (probably the local agent for them)

better priced and longer warranty than Emaux so i will probably buy one and see how good the brand is , still thinking about it

58 minutes ago, madmax2 said:

better priced and longer warranty than Emaux so i will probably buy one and see how good the brand is , still thinking about it

I  suggest you check that again. I just did. Depends where you go.

2 hours ago, Chaichara said:

I  suggest you check that again. I just did. Depends where you go.

Are you talking about local Phuket suppliers with a local warranty

Not much use if you have to send something to Bangkok for a warranty claim in my opinion

3 minutes ago, madmax2 said:

Are you talking about local Phuket suppliers with a local warranty

Not much use if you have to send something to Bangkok for a warranty claim in my opinion

It depends whether the 'local' pool shop is an accredited service agent. Most of them are not and send the products on to BKK anyway - always assuming of course that the brand has sufficient sales in Thailand for the manufacturer to even put in place a service infrastructure. I can cite a couple of world famous brands whose pumps get 'imported' into Thailand but the moment anything goes wrong with them, even while supposedly covered by guarantee, the manufacturer refuses to lift a finger and the vendor is left carrying the can. Caveat emptor.

15 minutes ago, Chaichara said:

It depends whether the 'local' pool shop is an accredited service agent. Most of them are not and send the products on to BKK anyway - always assuming of course that the brand has sufficient sales in Thailand for the manufacturer to even put in place a service infrastructure. I can cite a couple of world famous brands whose pumps get 'imported' into Thailand but the moment anything goes wrong with them, even while supposedly covered by guarantee, the manufacturer refuses to lift a finger and the vendor is left carrying the can. Caveat emptor.

I will check again but from what i was told the shop is a accredited service agent for Kripsol pumps but not Amaux, are you saying they are not accredited???

5 minutes ago, madmax2 said:

I will check again but from what i was told the shop is a accredited service agent for Kripsol pumps but not Amaux, are you saying they are not accredited???

Please read what I said. I neither said nor even implied anything of the sort. AFAIK, the nearest accredited Emaux shop to you is in Krabi - ironically managed by a fully professional Swedish pump and electric motor expert. I don't know anything about Kripsol products or the shop in Phuket. Like you, I generally shop at the nearest possible, genuine pool firm. That suits me for my little farm in Isan and my little beach front house in Krabi. I've got Emaux pumps in both my pools and they are still going strong after 10 years.

Ok i asked about having a look at the Emaux pump i was interested in at their Emaux Krabi outlet and was told they did not have one in stock  there when i said i was prepared to drive to Krabi to examine it.

Phuket swimming pool equipment shop has between 10 to 20 different pool pumps in stock including a cut away model of a Amaux pump and the yank brand Haywood and several other well known brands, If they are accredited or not does not worry me as long as they will cover the warranty work if required in their shop, they are certainly not a one day wonder and have been trading for many years

Certain the best range of pool and other types of pumps of any pump or pool shop i have visited in Phuket, so i will definitely buy from them

The pump they recommended is made in Spain and has a 18 month warranty, Emaux is made in China has a 12 month warranty and should be fine as long as their quality control is good

All Nokia phones sold in Australia were manufactured in China and were the top seller at the time and very reliable, nothing wrong with quality goods made in China, goods manufactured to sell at a cheap price are certainly not the best from China or any other country   

4 minutes ago, madmax2 said:

<snip>

Certain the best range of pool and other types of pumps of any pump or pool shop i have visited in Phuket, so i will definitely buy from them

I certainly would agree with that. I discovered this company over 10 years ago by recommendation. They used to be a little but closer to Bangkok Phuket hospital on a back street. Moved about 5 years ago.

It's a pity that the owner has retired and left his daughters in control. This man was a fountain of pool information and he spoke fluent English and a lovely man. I buy all my pool supplies there, any replacent eqyuipment like valves, filter mesh, pumps (we use Hayward) ... every time they have anything I want in stock and give a large discount on list price.

11 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

I certainly would agree with that. I discovered this company over 10 years ago by recommendation. They used to be a little but closer to Bangkok Phuket hospital on a back street. Moved about 5 years ago.

It's a pity that the owner has retired and left his daughters in control. This man was a fountain of pool information and he spoke fluent English and a lovely man. I buy all my pool supplies there, any replacent eqyuipment like valves, filter mesh, pumps (we use Hayward) ... every time they have anything I want in stock and give a large discount on list price.

Offering me 30% 0f the retail price on Pool pumps:smile:

Archived