What Are You Doing For New Year?

Jockstar

Just curious. I have spent the last 5 New Years in Thailand(Bangkok). Most years i spent it at KSR with a big bunch of farang and Thai friends. Always had a great time and got smashed. Last year was good but a bit quieter and spent around soi 7 Suk. At my mates pub. It was good but different from the previous years. This year, since i no longer live in Thailand and have now moved with the wife to Sydney Australia. It will be different. My English mate has a place just over the harbour bridge. His place looks onto the bridge from a slight angle. So for me and the wife it will be a first of seeing the fireworks over and on the harbour bridge. I have been here before for NY but i was at a club and indoors getting off my head. So this year. I look forward to it. Drinking, eating and having a blast while seeing the amazing fireworks. So what you up to? Something different or pretty much the same. :D :D :bah::D :D :o

Im going up north to maesot....not expecting a party up there, but my life is filled with those..so yes definitely doing something different this year. I will join a group of friends who go on mobile medical aid camp to provide healthcare to people in remote areas of south east asia....well the group does a few of them, but Im only joining them for part of the thailand trip. Im guessing that given the particular cold this year, it will be even more needed than other years.

happy new year to all

My girlfriends got a school reunion to go to in her hometown of Tak. So we'll stay up there with her Grandma, have some nice food, relax in the countryside, chill out for the New Year.

Happy New Year Jockie and the wife. :o

Im going up north to maesot....not expecting a party up there, but my life is filled with those..so yes definitely doing something different this year. I will join a group of friends who go on mobile medical aid camp to provide healthcare to people in remote areas of south east asia....well the group does a few of them, but Im only joining them for part of the thailand trip. Im guessing that given the particular cold this year, it will be even more needed than other years.

happy new year to all

Happy New Year bkk and Mig. Hope you both have great day. All the best to you and your kin for NY.

Same as always for me and my husband:

Send the guests off to Hadrin for the New Year's Eve party, collapse exhaustedly into bed and at midnight, roll over and kiss each other and mumble "happy new year, honey" before falling back to sleep :o

Flying from Taiwan to Bangkok, one day later than the wife because I have to work longer.

Spend the weekend sightseeing, shopping, eating, and hopefully spending New Year's Eve at the Q bar.

collapse exhaustedly into bed and at midnight, roll over and kiss each other and mumble "happy new year, honey" before falling back to sleep

So romantic. :D

No time for a bit of you know what? :o

more like, no energy :D

We get our romance at other times :D

Anyway, I look forward to the New Years Eve when I don't have to work :D

Just curious. I have spent the last 5 New Years in Thailand(Bangkok). Most years i spent it at KSR with a big bunch of farang and Thai friends. Always had a great time and got smashed. Last year was good but a bit quieter and spent around soi 7 Suk. At my mates pub. It was good but different from the previous years. This year, since i no longer live in Thailand and have now moved with the wife to Sydney Australia. It will be different. My English mate has a place just over the harbour bridge. His place looks onto the bridge from a slight angle. So for me and the wife it will be a first of seeing the fireworks over and on the harbour bridge. I have been here before for NY but i was at a club and indoors getting off my head. So this year. I look forward to it. Drinking, eating and having a blast while seeing the amazing fireworks. So what you up to? Something different or pretty much the same. :D :D :bah::D :D :o

Hey Jockstar

You are lucky you have somewhere to see the fireworks in Sydney. Trying to find a good spot to watch the fun is really hard and you need to park yourself hours before the event just so you can secure your 1 sgm of turf.

How is Sydney life treating you?

Best wishes and happy new year to you and your Mrs.

This year will be slightly different than the last.

Last NY's, I spent most of the night in Polo with a certain "friend". Barely ventured out of the place until closing time. :o

This year, there won't be a passle of barely dressed sweeties crowded around. :D

Just lots of guys/gals with guns (some friendly, others not so friendly). If we do have fireworks, it will be of the Illumination or High Explosive type !

Word is though, that the Engineers have been saving up a lot of stuff and are planning on letting it all go at once at midnight ! :woot:

That oughta wake the dead (and the day-shift workers). :D

Of course, the next day is a normal working day for most of us, so the 5 am wake-up is going to suck the morning after. At least I won't have to worry about being hung over ! :D

This year will be slightly different than the last.

Last NY's, I spent most of the night in Polo with a certain "friend". Barely ventured out of the place until closing time. :o

This year, there won't be a passle of barely dressed sweeties crowded around. :D

Just lots of guys/gals with guns (some friendly, others not so friendly). If we do have fireworks, it will be of the Illumination or High Explosive type !

Word is though, that the Engineers have been saving up a lot of stuff and are planning on letting it all go at once at midnight ! :woot:

That oughta wake the dead (and the day-shift workers). :D

Of course, the next day is a normal working day for most of us, so the 5 am wake-up is going to suck the morning after. At least I won't have to worry about being hung over ! :D

KerryD, sounds like a couple of New Year's Eves I spent in S. Vietnam. We'd always get a couple of gunships to go up and shoot up the countryside. Best lightshow I've ever seen...but tough on the water buffalo. You stay small over in the sand box, you hear? Take care and come home safe. Happy New Year to you and your buds.

Down the local pub ...again...always a good knees up and the Landlady Peggy puts on a bit of a spread.

We usually do a couple of "platters"of Thai spring rolls which always go down a treat wiff our locals and compliments the boozers usual fare of chook legs,pork pies,jellied eels and eggi sarnies. :D

It a typical old spit and sawdust real ale bar ...average age of punters...about 92... :D with the trad lounge for the "others"...ie us.....and the toilets are always immaculate.

Chas & Dave usually pop in before "the Bells" for a swannnee on the old joanna and as said a good old fashioned knees Up is had by all....roll on 2007.....hoots mon ....... :o