Coco Palm Villas

beerguy

Bought one of these a few years back from CoCo and now can't get any real answers as to what is going on. Everytime I ask, all I get is the financing is in the works..........

Does anyone know what is going on?

Is it time for all us Hong Kong investors to come down there and knock some heads?

I'm just so disgusted by those people........they seemed like real decent people, but now I am wondering.

Edited by beerguy

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard that company is completely fcked, I really hope they sort it out as Samui can do without any more blows to the property market.

I've heard loads of rumours about them, not gonna say on hear incase they arn't true, but if anyone has any inside info that they are sure of it would be nice to know.

Keep the faith.

They are still here trying to get this sorted after a very difficult year.

They are still honest people, but had a lot of things go against them outside of their control and are doing their best.

Jimbo, thanks......at this point hearing anything is good news as I still like the place.

Edited by beerguy

Keep the faith.

They are still honest people, but had a lot of things go against them outside of their control and are doing their best.

From my dealings with Coco , Must add this .....

As a supplier to this company( based in Phuket ) I can re-assure all that the problems faced by Coco were by no means their fault and they have had to face a world of **** with the authorities.

Without names, I will say that straight from the horses mouth I was given a detailed explination of the situation and it would appear that this sorry mess is virtually resolved and looks like the project will be moving again shortly.

Hope this sets your mind a little more at ease (op)

Keep the faith.

From my dealings with Coco , Must add this .....

As a supplier to this company( based in Phuket ) I can re-assure all that the problems faced by Coco were by no means their fault and they have had to face a world of **** with the authorities.

Without names, I will say that straight from the horses mouth I was given a detailed explination of the situation and it would appear that this sorry mess is virtually resolved and looks like the project will be moving again shortly.

Hope this sets your mind a little more at ease (op)

Thanks, yes some news is better than none.

• 2 months later...
This is not a happy customer

http://www.cocosamui-villa-ripoff.com/

Interesting web site. Seems like the customer has many valid complaints. I think I would have gone crazy if I had had to deal with all the things he did. He only wanted to give his family a nice Christmas vacation in paradise but instead ended up in hel_l on earth.

From the website, it seems CoCo didnt handle the situation very well, again a situation that could have been solved very easily using a little bit off Customer Service! :o

This is not a happy customer

http://www.cocosamui-villa-ripoff.com/

Interesting web site. Seems like the customer has many valid complaints. I think I would have gone crazy if I had had to deal with all the things he did. He only wanted to give his family a nice Christmas vacation in paradise but instead ended up in hel_l on earth.

From the website, it seems CoCo didnt handle the situation very well, again a situation that could have been solved very easily using a little bit off Customer Service! :o

The guy is absolutely correct, he has more than a few valid points. And, as he said, its not about the money. Bad PR for Coco indeed.

I've seen the development of this 'Coconut Villa' project with my own eyes since about 3 or 4 years.

They've 'raped' a beautiful spot on Samui with an unbelievable number of villa's which are so close to each other that the roofs of the houses almost touch each other.

90% of the 'villas' do not even have ocean view because they are 'over the hill' from the sea and there's just a small walkway/road which leads to the beach....once nice but not anymore.

I really can't understand that there were buyers who would buy a house there... :D

One word: disgusting project. :o

LaoPo

I can't imagine a real estate company unable to provide photos to investors of the progress, or lack thereof, of the project.

Anyone able to post some here?

Ahhh...just read the "rip-off" site. Very interesting. Certainly a bait and switch has occurred. With so many companies trying to flog land and villas here, there is room to be strict and avoid Coco. By the way, if this is the way they represent independent homeowners, I think they need to bone up on public relations, big time.

Edited by Mark Wolfe

I can't imagine a real estate company unable to provide photos to investors of the progress, or lack thereof, of the project.

Anyone able to post some here?

Ahhh...just read the "rip-off" site. Very interesting. Certainly a bait and switch has occurred. With so many companies trying to flog land and villas here, there is room to be strict and avoid Coco. By the way, if this is the way they represent independent homeowners, I think they need to bone up on public relations, big time.

its not just coco its all the property developments that are having a bad time wages going out rents bills no body buying seems to me things will only get worse i think there will be some bargains to be had later this year . :o:D:D

Gotta wonder how smart they are after so many disasterous Music Festivals... :o:D

one more sad story regarding coco properties, a friend of my wife had her partner die and tried to sell her house back to coco the offer was almost half the amount they paid; ok in my book business is business but the deal goes south when they offer to guarantee her income by placing her home in their rental program which would require that she relocate to a different personal dwelling and collect a monthly payment of 40k baht from them regardless of her coco homes occupancy. to date nearly 2 years later low on funds and now living in a 3k per month bungalow the woman has yet to recieve one payment from coco and her house is occupied!!!!!!! IMHO this is not a situation beyound their control!

you hear so many negative stories about foriegn run property developers and managers who operate over here , that the sooner the government clear them out the better.

samui seems to be particularly plagued with these .

perhaps all the disaffected owners / buyers / creditors should organise themselves and with the help of some sympathetic press and a good legal expert present themselves on the doorstep of cocos offices demanding what is rightfully theirs.

although with clauses like this written into their contracts , one has to question the gullibility of their customers.

Liability

Coco Private Villa Rentals acts only as agent for the villa owners, suppliers and/or contractors who are providing accommodation, transport, and services. Under no circumstances shall Coco Private Villa Rentals be responsible for any loss, expense, damage, claim or injury either directly or indirectly, consequential or otherwise whatsoever, however caused or incurred, whether arising in contract or otherwise in law or equity as a result of rendering of the services or accommodations as described or substituted, or by reason of military action, revolution or acts of God, or by any agents, employees, subcontractors, servants or third parties whatsoever supplying any of the services or accommodations herein or as substituted. If any accommodations and/or services are substituted, Coco Private Villa Rentals will act at all times in good faith and use its best efforts to substitute with accommodations and/or services of a type comparable to or better than those originally contracted. Coco Private Villa Rentals at their sole and unfettered discretion reserves the right to refuse or discontinue service to any person(s) and/or to rescind any contract for accommodations or guest services

the coco group run many enterprises on samui , and must be laughing all the way to the bank.

you hear so many negative stories about foriegn run property developers and managers who operate over here , that the sooner the government clear them out the better.

samui seems to be particularly plagued with these .

perhaps all the disaffected owners / buyers / creditors should organise themselves and with the help of some sympathetic press and a good legal expert present themselves on the doorstep of cocos offices demanding what is rightfully theirs.

although with clauses like this written into their contracts , one has to question the gullibility of their customers.

Liability

Coco Private Villa Rentals acts only as agent for the villa owners, suppliers and/or contractors who are providing accommodation, transport, and services. Under no circumstances shall Coco Private Villa Rentals be responsible for any loss, expense, damage, claim or injury either directly or indirectly, consequential or otherwise whatsoever, however caused or incurred, whether arising in contract or otherwise in law or equity as a result of rendering of the services or accommodations as described or substituted, or by reason of military action, revolution or acts of God, or by any agents, employees, subcontractors, servants or third parties whatsoever supplying any of the services or accommodations herein or as substituted. If any accommodations and/or services are substituted, Coco Private Villa Rentals will act at all times in good faith and use its best efforts to substitute with accommodations and/or services of a type comparable to or better than those originally contracted. Coco Private Villa Rentals at their sole and unfettered discretion reserves the right to refuse or discontinue service to any person(s) and/or to rescind any contract for accommodations or guest services

the coco group run many enterprises on samui , and must be laughing all the way to the bank.

One thing that might be useful to remember is that just because write something into a contract and someone else signs it, that doesn't mean it is binding. You cannot outmaneuver the law via a contract. There is no legal backing for a "we can do anything we want and are not responsible for the results" clause.

If someone inadvertently signs a contract that says, for example, that if you are late paying by one month, the company can burn your house down.

Maybe there are many many happy customers with Coco but we're just not hearing about them. It's been proved that negative reviews of a business travel 10 times farther than a good review. When you get the service and product you expect you don't feel the need to tell everyone like you do when you feel cheated.

It's been proved that negative reviews of a business travel 10 times farther than a good review. When you get the service and product you expect you don't feel the need to tell everyone like you do when you feel cheated.

all the more reason for service providers in the service industry on koh samui , which already is beginning to get an image problem , to behave professionally .

had they "gone the extra mile" to sort out the posters problems , and give him the accomodation that he thought he was getting , then he would have ,i'm sure , told 10 people about the lengths coco went to to address his complaints.

all this is assuming of course that the complaints were justified and cocos response offhand according to the op.

Maybe there are many many happy customers with Coco but we're just not hearing about them. It's been proved that negative reviews of a business travel 10 times farther than a good review. When you get the service and product you expect you don't feel the need to tell everyone like you do when you feel cheated.

Yes and No.

It's easy to have a 'comments' thread on your website. Satisfied customers would write their comments but unsatisfied as well (if thy delete them, well that would show their real face)

Also, it's very easy to hand your -leaving- clients/holidayers a questions-sheet "what you think and feel about our services".

Last time we staid on Samui we received one from the organization; any serious company will do so...why? because you learn from mistakes and are able to improve your services.

But, if you leave your customers in the cold -the source of your income- you (org.) will find out, sooner or later.

IF Coco would have a lot of positive feedback why not publish them on their website? :o

LaoPo

Cocos only thinks about having thier name everywhere, as to get customers. They don't give a Baht if you are satisfied or not, as seen in "the link", hope this proves that the greed is number 1 in this company, as well as others here in Samui (the ones selling houses and land, as well as renting)

These are the ones that have raped and are murdering the Islands.

A funny story!

How can somebody give his "paradise villa" for rent when the rest of the buildings are not completed yet?

How can a property-company agree with the Owner that he should give his villa for rent if the whole place is under construction?? How can they show facilities that dont exist?

Because they are greedy, no other reason.

Many companies and house-owners here on Samui are behaving like:

"Give me your money and never come back"

Cheers from Nathon, Claude

It's the Klondike Syndrome - remember who finally made the most money there and then?... that are my 2 Cents to ALL these stories and I feel sorry for the victims on BOTH sides!

Remember it's make it or break it competetion out there and the "quick buck" always won over honesty and good business practices....it's just too easy.. make me an island in the sun.

"How about if it's the Competetion, diggin there on the foundations?" - just a thought...

Edited by Samuian

It's the Klondike Syndrome - remember who finally made the most money there and then?... that are my 2 Cents to ALL these stories and I feel sorry for the victims on BOTH sides!

Remember it's make it or break it competetion out there and the "quick buck" always won over honesty and good business practices....it's just too easy.. make me an island in the sun.

"How about if it's the Competetion, diggin there on the foundations?" - just a thought...

Your 50 Cent :D:o Get real! Or do you own stock?

A Comment from not having seen the original sales - surely the buyers of this development saw the plans and if the house are as close as said they should have known - if they have been conned I am sure there are enough of them to take Coco to court ( for what it is worth in Thailand )

It is still possible to buy some stunning land in samui and build a villa of your dreams but as with buying anying anywhere in the world one must take care and have good advice .